1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Westworld Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by itzIce, Feb 20, 2020.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Looks like Delores is everyone. That was an awesome episode. Westworld is back to bring the best show on tv.

daywalker02 and TexasTofu like this.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

I did not see that coming. Delores Takeover.

One thing I have not seen mentioned anywhere is that when Serac is looking back at a burning Paris, it is very similar to the famous Andrew Wyeth painting once again, which harkens back to Delores scene that looked similar to that same painting in season 1. The movie interstellar also used the painting for it's universe of a dying earth. And Westworld keeps referencing it. The painting references a "yearning" for something more as the world around you is dying. Which might mean Serac is looking for something more. just as Delores is.

[​IMG]

Not sure what's going on with Man in Black.

My favorite character is probably that English sort of guy who said it's a sim in a sim. Delores just mind ****ed him as she walked by.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Episode 4 was CRAZY! Dolores is fcking winning. She’s 2 steps ahead.

Maeve is my favorite character...so calm, so powerful...her voice is like a sweet melody to my ears

Maeve is a well aged snack

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Well. I liked the opening and the ending. Watching everyone contemplate their life at once was thought provoking. But that mind trip in the middle probably went a little too far into experimental filmmaking. Admiral attempt that I think failed. It felt silly to me. The car chase wasn't that thrilling on top of it because of the mind trip, and they probably should have dialed that up a little more to the level of fast and furious. But I'll give the middle some credit for trying. Still like the Serac storyline at this point. Marshawn Lynch is surprisingly good in this.

Most movies like TROY that have two protagonist fighting against each other usually fail and come apart. Although I think TROY did a decent job with it. Achilles and Hector. Delores is blurred right now. Protagonist. Antagonist. Nobody knows. So I worry about that. I can't decide if I want to root for her or not. I'm rooting for Serac right now. And probably against Delores and against Maeve.

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Maeve is on team Serac though.

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Really poorly directed episode

Richie_Rich likes this.
  9. PhiSlammaJamma

True. True. But I still don't like her.

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I watch BCS religiously. “Bagman” was a revolutionary episode in the series

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I liked this last episode. The drug trip gave the pop music they always play a reason to be there. Also helps with world building.

Not to mention they have been in this city for a while and this is a show that typically has different looks to break up the scenery. Was provided by the drug. I'll also add I disagree with the poster that said it should be more like Fast and the Furious.

arkoe, daywalker02 and GRENDEL like this.
  12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I felt the same way, really liked the aesthetic choice with the drug, really made the episode pop.

I've really enjoyed this season so far, it's been more straightforward than last year but that's been to it's benefit.

arkoe and daywalker02 like this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So far it is looking good

Three Way War . .. . . Maeve and Bernard are on different tracks.

Rocket River

14. Handles

Handles Member

The Fischerspooner song at the end was such a throwback. My friends and I used to bump that. I wasn't a huge fan of this episode but I'm holding on. S3 has been solid other than this week.

S2 was the weird one for me. It had two of the best episodes in the whole series but the rest of the season was pretty terrible.

Still waiting for S1 quality to reemerge, but we probably won't see it unless Hopkins comes back.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Imagine if they'd download this to all the phones...... You are laid off because of a pandemic crisis....

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

A lot of interesting meta questons in this one...

Take away the immediate thought about Delores wanting to kill us all and the core conflict is between order v chaos, whether we're naturally good/innocent or we're a byproduct of the system.

I liked the backstory that shifted Serac into a human supremacist/prophet. Before, he was some elitist rich guy who owned everything and everyone. Killing his bro off turned him more into a radical idealist than a power hungry sociopath.

There is a huge plothole w/ Rehoboam....
    If it's so smart predicting the future and pulling a Dr. Strange, why doesn't Serac use it to create new technologies that turns the future more into Next Generation Star Trek? If it can't do that, then it probably can't predict the disruption caused by new innovation and discoveries

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

IMO he is both, idealistic and a sociopath.

He re-educates or kills outliers and those who don't fit his idealistic world.

Some he sent to the battle field.

And those who adapt to his world, he rains hell fire on with systematic limitations, such as laws not to procreate, marry or have relationships..... And prognoses that they will commit suicide or die a horrible death at young age.

That is elitist thinking.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

Just thinking out loud here and streaming to a conclusion. It seems like the 10,000 foot picture is about data collection and what the moral implication of using it is.

Serac wants to use Westworld data to solve problems and for peace ( Order )
    Delores doesn't want that data collected and represents freedom ( or I reckon Chaos )

Darth Vader never collected data. He just wanted to force people to do the right thing.
    But here, Darth Vader is collecting Data to make decisions.

The big question is who are the outliers and what do they represent?
    They are likely the Westworld visitors who choose evil.
    Once Serac knows you are evil, he wants to edit you, but to what? to a man in white?
    Once you are white and fit in, you are left alone. Or are you?

>>>>
    So let's say Caleb was evil, the man in black.
    They have been trying to edit him over and over again, using a new body.
    And they finally have him so pacified he's a ho-hum brain inside the construction worker.

That makes me wonder...
    So are all of the hosts in Westworld just re-constructed humans.
    For example, Delores was really just piece of shiot human who was reconstructed and put in the park.
    Maeve is just a reconstructed human shoved into the park.
    Teddy, re-constructed and put in the park.
    The man in black, eventually, headed to the park.
    All Violent humans. Put into a prison (Westworld)

This might explain why they all kill themselves. Gun to the head. Just like Caleb.
    All a violent end.

Yeah. I don't where this is going. But it's a thought.

#58 PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    TexasTofu likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's turning into one of those low budget indie 80s/90s cult classic sci-fi stories... the ones that do a lot of cool stuff and introduce interesting concepts, but also the kinds that are poorly constructed and will never fully make sense...except this one seems to have somehow earned a huge budget.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm not sure where and how it'll turn out. I like the show enough to filter out or forget the parts that don't make sense (season 2).

I mean the points they made last episode about daea collection has mostly been the same fears and promises led against Big Tech. It's shrugged away because no company has done it well or had a coherent strategy to use it. Even the government is slowly getting there. But what happens when that moment arrives? How does that impact us all? Watching that world unravel might just be one crazy extended episode of Black Mirror, but I'll eat it up if they continue to show how normalized and mundane the scary things they do in tha future.

If it stays interesting but disorganized, I'll even re-watch it all again to make some wrong guesses if this series takes more than 7 years to finish.

The moment to hit to eject button is when they release some "side content" like books or comics to explain **** that takes them 15 minutes of screen time to make snese.