1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Westworld on HBO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tehG l i d e, Aug 9, 2015.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

What would the point be? The true identity would eventually be revealed and the real Ford would become public enemy number one. I think it's more likely that Ford did build a host but will use it to "transfer his consciousness". The host doesn't even have to look like him.

The world belongs to those that will live forever...

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

The point being that Ford is too invested in his creations. He's always been two steps ahead of everyone else. He wants to see his story play out.

And you simply don't hire Anthony Hopkins just to kill him off at the end of season 1.

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I consider my mind properly ****ed.

I'll need to rewatch the season and maybe watch it again before season 2.

4. myco

myco Contributing Member

Just like you don't hire Sean Bean just to kill him off ....wait nevermind.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

We have two years. Plenty of time to try and figure all this out. Lol

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I thought it was a very confusing finale but I think as I am reading more about other people's thoughts about the show I'm starting to understand more the motivations of the characters. I still don't know about William/MIB though, did he want to die at the end? He was smiling when he got shot in the arm. A whole army was coming at him. There's no way he survives if he tried fighting back.

For season 2 I can see the park being ground zero. Dolores will lead the robot rebellion and try to help give all of the hosts consciousness. After a while the military steps in and tries to eliminate all of the hosts.

Ford is by far the most interesting character on the show I hope that he isn't gone forever. There is so much that we still don't know about his motivations. I'm guessing that Ford sees the writing on the wall for humanity. Hosts are better in every way and he wants to join the winning team. We still never found out about the host that Ford was building in his basement lab. Given how on point the most popular theories have been, that host is almost assuredly for Ford to transfer his thoughts into. I don't see real Ford surviving but host Ford will undoubtedly be back so he can be immortal.

Dolores will lead the war against humans but host Ford is still in control of everything behind the scenes. Dolores is Vader and Ford is Sidious. This might be a couple seasons down the line but I see Ford wanting to kill all humans and instructing his hosts to do so (because even though the hosts can become conscious, Ford can still override on their functions). The hosts start betraying Ford because they begin developing morality. Series finale is the hosts defeating Ford and living harmoniously with humans.

Will be interesting to look back in a few years and see how wrong this theory is.

Jayzers_100 and RudyTBag like this.
  7. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

RocketWalta likes this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good finale. Good intrigue going into the next season.

Still can't get over how unfathomably bad the writing was for the two technician guys. Easily the worst/dumbest part of the show.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yep and isn't Felix pretty much screwed. They have video of him assisting the rogue hosts. He is looking at jail time. Accomplice to murder. All because he was too frightened to shut her down.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Or maybe he is a host too. Maeve has been pre-programmed probably by ford to escape, and she knows certain things, but maybe she can't detect that Felix is a host.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Based on his skills doing the robot Felix is 100% a host.

Rodman23 likes this.
  12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Yeah Im not really a fan of this and its one of the things I dont like about Westworld. The rules can be redefined at anytime to explain away anything. The show has been pretty good this season, but future seasons can get out of hand, especially with what is going down now.

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I binge watched this all weekend, so I've only read the first 5 pages of this thread where all this effort was put into debunking one specific theory about a guest. Now I'm annoyed that they just went and did it anyway.

14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

They really had to go out of their way to not throw in Karma Police though.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I loved that moment where is started doubting his humanity

"OH FOR ****S SAKE!! YOU'RE ONE OF THEM . . . NOT ONE OF US!!!" - Maeve.

Rocket River

Rodman23 and LAM like this.
  16. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

That was great! Better than I thought the finale was going to be and eager for more robot hi jinx in, wait, did someone say two years? Oh, whatever. Thank you to all of you bastards who spoiled some of the endings in this thread! ;) Honestly, good discussion going on.

As much as I liked the episode; Did anyone else notice a theme running through the ending? A more succinct explanation for the central theme explored in Westworld was explored in a previous cinematic masterpiece. This youtube clips boils it down:

Or to paraphrase another sci-fi classic: "Westworld is people! It's people!"

It's not really a new concept but it's good TV. And HBO treats us w/ Thandie's Candies and Evan Rachel's Goods, so that's nice. Harris and Hopkins are always stellar and I've found some new actors doing some great work in this. Wasn't aware of Thandie Newton (Maeve) until this show.

I'm gonna avoid spoilers next season.

Boy, Jonny Nolen sure likes his Radiohead. Me too, Jonny. Me too.

17. LAM

LAM Member

oh yeah. Gotta see more A. Hopkins be a few steps ahead of everyone.

18. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

Yeah, dramas always try to add a little comic relief for levity. Sometimes it's implemented well with the writing, sometimes-not so much. I got a kick out of seeing those 2 knuckleheads let Maeve walk all over them. But indeed, there are some significant holes there. Maybe they resolve them going forward though? Hope so. This show earned my trust w/ the finale.

19. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

About Ford...
    [​IMG]

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Holy **** I love this show!