1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] What are you watching?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jsingles, Jul 23, 2016.

1. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Anyone know if you have to watch all of Sons of Anarchy to start on Mayan's MC that just started this week?

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I had been looking forward to this show
    Jim sold me in A QUIET PLACE
    He has been in some good shows of recent

Rocket River

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I enjoyed the full season of Jack Ryan. "Fun" is the best way I can describe it. They nailed it with 8 episodes, no fluff. Netflix should learn from this.

There is something different about John Krasinski as an actor. Can't put my finger on it.

The King in the Bud Light Dilly Dilly commercials has a recurring role.

This was the first series I've watched on Amazon since recently becoming a Prime member .

Invisible Fan likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I would suggest BOSCH and GOLIATH

Rocket River

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

In all seriousness, I think the something is that he's not great at acting but he knows it.

Haven't seen Jack Ryan (and probably won't) but in Quiet Place Krasinski did a great job of letting Emily Blount do all the difficult stuff. That is very smart of him to do, because he's not bad but he's not good.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Just finished season 2 of The Good Place as it was just recently added to Netflix. Love that show. It's the only comedy I'm watching nowadays. 10/10 would recommend.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sharp Objects is better than I thought especially toward the end.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Too much fluff can make a good series appear mediocre. Season 2 of Ozark was like this. If they kept it at 8 episodes, I would have enjoyed it much more.

Jack Ryan did a good job of starting Ryan out as some desk jock and turning him into a bad ass. I prefer these shorter number of episodes.

Rocket River and arkoe like this.
  9. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Jack Ryan was well paced. Not over the top action and not too many Walking Dead type lulls. I think I only disliked one episode but the DOLBY Vision UHD was on point. Plus I like it with no letterbox so my TV looks bigger when watching it hehehe.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. hooroo

hooroo Member

i recently binge watched upstart crow.

11. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I binged Jack Ryan Season 1 which was entertaining (but not great), and Ozark Season 2 which was great.

I've begun rewatching Mr. Robot in its entirety in preparation for the final season. I believe Mr. Robot is the best show on TV (including streaming services) at the moment.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Shameless and Its Always Sunny in Philly are back on. I enjoyed Episode one of Sunny in Philly.

For the Shameless fans, it will be Emmy Rossum/Fionas last season. It might be time to hang up this show.

For the real TV junkies, The Last Ship is also back on.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Episode 1 of the final season was the same combination of sappy and somber as always. Nine more to go.

Anyone here watch the full first season of The Alienist? I couldn't get past episode 2.

#113 A_3PO, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Watched and enjoyed Jack Ryan. Looking forward to a season 2.

Just started and enjoying season 2 of Atypical. Clever writing and te lead actor is fantastic in the role, as is his younger sister. The parents... well, Michael Rappaport is OK in the role of exasperated dad... but Jennifer Jason Leigh... well, way overacts. Odd, she has been good in past movies. Its like she decided to be Jack Nicholson or Johnny Dep (or Winona Ryder in Stranger Things). She is the one really weak part of the cast.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I couldn't with the Alienist either. . . seemed. . . .derivative and kind of boring. . . .
    I forget what other show it reminded me of .. but it was boring too

Some shows I watch because their is nothing else on . . . i am going to have to stop this practice
    Wynona Earp comes to mind . .. . KillJoys is only slightly better . . .. . .
    I need to check these out

Rocket River

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. marky :)

marky :) Member

Add me to the list of those that liked Jack Ryan.

Wife and I binged watched it over the weekend. I kept referring to him as Jim in the show and it didn't help that his boss was named Jim.

In regards to his acting, I think he does a decent job in these new roles. It's just I've seen the office so many times that whenever they do a close up to his face for reactions it still reminds me of the office as he gives almost the same facial expressions. But I give him credit that he's not annoying in his new roles.

arkoe likes this.
  17. jcf

jcf Member

Been watching Take 2. Really more a rom com by creators of Castle. Wife and son tease me but it is good sweet show.

18. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Another thumbs up for Jack Ryan. It’s slower paced, but at times it has the same thrills that 24 used to deliver when it was at its peak.

19. Entropy

Entropy Member

Jack Ryan was pretty solid. Pretty refreshing after the dumpster dive that Homeland turned into.

20. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Watched the first 2 episodes of Sunny...holy ****, Mac is ripped as ****