1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] What are you watching?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jsingles, Jul 23, 2016.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For those who haven't seen the show.
    I think they are helping because they owe Bucher for previous times and also because they've lost people or been injured by the sups. Didn't Frenchie talk about how he had been abandoned and abused before which is why he saved the Korean girl? Maybe that had to do with the sups.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Only Buchter and Howie have lost people Frenchie and MM have not on the show or the Comic, Frenchie and MM are part of a squad and realize Supes and Vaut are a threat to the gov in the comics, I think they really dropped the ball without exploring that more.

I am really worried about Butchers wife and the son reveal, that is going off script big time.

You should read the comic, the more I talk about it the more I realized how much I enjoyed it.

It's over the top for sure but also in line with how people with super powers might act if unchecked.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Technically, it is still plausible, but not the Starman you are thinking of.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was watching HTGAWM early seasons, but fell off because I struggled to figure out who I was supposed to be rooting for. Everyone was so despicable and unlikable. Then the one guy I liked was killed then I was out.

Now that it's done, I may go back and check it out.

Rocket River likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The time jumping got annoying

Rocket River

6. Buck Turgidson

Had my buddy's gf talk up "Norsemen", a Norwegian Viking comedy that's on Netflix I think. Python and the Holy Grail like, haven't seen it and don't blame me if it sucks.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you are not actually watching this?

Yes we will blame you.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Just finished The Bay on Amazon 7/10 the plot was ok and they did not just pie on the Red Herrings, the conclusion made sense and was not just out of left field.

The central tension was a bit overboard but they tied it up logically, good acting all around.

Is it just me or is Netflix search feature frustrating? all I get is shows like the one I am trying to find and I know the show is on Netflix.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Up to Season 3 of Dark

Rocket River

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Down to Earth with Zac Efron (Netflix) 6 out of 10. OK, yea, I thought the same thing. Hollywood teen star, prissy guy, why watch a travel show with him starring? But once you get past that... its entertaining and informative. The basic plot... him and a guy that wrote a book on superfoods along with a camera crew go to various places in the world where they focus on a central plot... eg to France and focus on the importance of drinking water, Iceland where they focus on geothermal energy, Sardinia where they focus on healthy living resulting in so many people living past 100 years old. And... it works. Enough really interesting knowledge shared, coupled with two likable and a bit goofy guys traveling to interesting places.

jiggyfly and conquistador#11 like this.
  11. conquistador#11

I watched 4 episodes of the countries that interested me, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, France and the Amazon one. I thought all episodes were pretty good. Anna Kendrick's 4 minute cameo was hilarious. "I'm getting pranked right now " I can see Zac leading his own cult before the age of 35

Pu*sy Valley aka P-Valley on Starz. 10/10: I binged all three episodes they had up. It's a new show about the plight of strippers in a small run down town in Mississippi. Ever wanted to know what it was like for poster "Hitman" in the hangout? P-valley has the very eccentric Uncle Clifford who manages the "Pink" gentleman's club. He could be a lost cousin of Lafayette from True Blood. The show is both funny and tragic, loaded with full nudity azz shaking.. I didn't look down at my phone not even once.

The talented female cast could fill up three pages in the " Hottest Black Chick" thread. Still laughing at " Why are these Mexican N**gas all up on the chicken wings?"
    Best viewed alone.

[​IMG]

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. CCorn

CCorn Member

3 episodes in to the second season of Umbrella Academy. The boys made me forget how much I enjoyed this show.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’d bang Zac Efron

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have been circling this show, but it seems too quirky for liking.

Don't mind quirky but it should be secondary.

Sell me.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Guess we'll have to give this show a look. Might be one of the only ways we'll be able to "travel" for a while. Both of us are retired, both of us love to travel and have traveled a lot in the past, and we're able to afford to travel overseas, so what are we doing? Self-isolation! :mad:

It's driving us crazy.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'd still say Hugh da Jackman would do better but no prejudices.

Something about Aussies and travelling.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

The guy that’s part gorilla looks like JJ Watt.

conquistador#11 and jiggyfly like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's not exactly a selling point but I will give it a try.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

**** that's delicious is back, I love that they focus on local ethnic low priced foods.

Big Body Bess and Mayhem crack me up, actually, they all blend well together like me and my boys trying different stuff.

The show actually makes me want to start drinking wine.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

A lot like him tho.
    Also, Ellen Paige can’t dance.

arkoe likes this.