1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Fargo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Meow?

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I enjoy the episodes when I watch them, but I don't find myself anticipating watching the next one. This season has been enjoyable, yet, MEH.

3. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I find it totally unbelievable that they could've killed the headphone-wearing asian guy but didn;t. Seeing him pick up stussy at the airport somewhat ruined this episode for me. Swango getting her groove back was somewhat satisfying.

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Like I thought... no way it could end well for anyone involved... well except the deaf guy from the jail transport. He cashed in.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man, what a terrible season - ha. Great acting performances and Hawley's quirky style couldn't save this heap of garbage. Oh well, 2/3 isn't bad and I look forward to 4. Although they might want to consider adding some more creatives to the team for input.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

#466 daywalker02, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Definitely a down season.

What angers me is the premise and first few episodes, along with the good will from previous seasons, made me think they really had something special for the ending. They had nothing, and plenty of characters and subplots were pointless.

8. conquistador#11

I might be the only one that likes it better than season 2.
    Evil will always find a way to win but the fear in varga on his way down the elevator made me not care if varga died or lived.
    I didn't like the patrol scene.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What the hell was the first scene in the season about anyways? I vaguely remember it. But it took place in Russia or something, it was cold, dude pisses himself.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

The second hitman, one that was with the litte Asian dude to start the season,had actually murdered the guy they were accusing the guy who pissed himself......

That scene actually wraps around with the finale conversation between Varga and Burgle.

Varga is talking about reality and how it's impossible to pin down because facts, like the Stussy serial killer, can be arranged in such a matter that make it seem like reality. So Burgles facts about what actually happened throughout the season could be contested with another set of facts pointing to something else.

It was a pretty consistent theme throughout the season and I’d assume it’s why they ended with a fade to black without a clear answer on who was right about who was walking through that door, Burgle or Varga.....

#470 GRENDEL, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  11. Entropy

Entropy Member

Most episodes this season left me with a kind of, "Is that it?" feeling. Maybe that was intentional, but whatever the case, wasn't my cup of tea. Hopefully we get a season 4 that gets back to season 1 greatness.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Good memory. I forgot about that. Just re-watched. You're right. Doesn't really tie into anything directly. I can post the scene if interested.

He was being interrogated, and told to say he killed a woman and that he was a Ukrainian not a German, and in his twenties when he's clearly in his 40s. His wife is named Helga, and the murdered woman is named Helga. That's the only similarity. So more than a case of mistaken identity...dude just wanted to close out his case and coerce the poor German into saying he was someone else....because otherwise "the state is wrong, then."

Then they just fade to the present in Minnesota, apparently no explanation....and tough to read symbolism or foreshadowing. German interrogator maybe is like the Chief of Police who wanted simple solutions. Poor accused German maybe is like Emmit for allowing himself to be coerced into being something he wasn't????

fwiw: He didn't piss himself. That was snow melting from his shoes. But I do remember thinking during first viewing, "Why is there a drain in that office. Creepy."

#472 heypartner, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Clearly the scene was meant to be a bookend to the final scene and the final scene reinforced the "story" and the past is uncertain theme. Grendel nailed it IMO

GRENDEL likes this.
  14. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well, I enjoyed this season, and I'm sorry that it's over. I would rank this season behind the first two seasons, but I still liked it very much. This is a very artfully made show. I appreciate that they are trying to create something a little different.

This last episode had me on the edge of my seat. The elevator scenes were very tense.

Hoping for a fourth season.

Rashmon likes this.
  15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Agreed. I thought it was a great season as well. Seasons 1 and 2 were a tough act to follow for any show.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

you sort of know everyone dies at the end of every season, with a few seemingly random chosen survivors

17. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I heart Nikki Swango

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

http://www.vulture.com/2017/04/fargo-recap-season-3-episode-1.html

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

He survived Lorne Malvoy somehow while his friend went down.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I like it too, but it is because I am a big fan of Mary Elizabeth Winstead. She is just a great actress.

daywalker02 likes this.