1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Mentioned this before, but seeing it is all the more offensive...

2. NewRoxFan

"Who could have predicted?"

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

And always remember...

[​IMG]

4. NewRoxFan

5. NewRoxFan

6. bongman

bongman Member

Had the same reaction. I remembered my son when he said, "Da
    I approve of this message :)

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

Always quick to blame others... trump attacks the WHO...

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I think if death hits the door step of Trump supporters and loved ones they know coupled with high unemployment, it'll be a tough pill to swallow for even the die hards come November.

Perhaps a reverse Dem 2016 where the always Trumpers don't cast a vote for the Dem primary candidate, but sit on their vote as even they fear another 4 years of this ****.

9. NewRoxFan

And continuing to pass the buck, trump goes back in time and blames President Obama and the Inspector Generals...

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Real question for conservatives and other Trump voters: would you want to work under a person with Trump’s managerial style? He is a shark, and that’s his weakness.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If Trump were a motivational speaker, standing on stage, Power Point slides (that he was forced to put together on his own) projected onto the wall behind him:

"Now, we come to the most important rule of all. If there is one motto, one 'creed'---did you see that movie? you did? I saw it, did you know Stallone endorsed me?---it would be this. You know the 'A-B-C's'? Well, mine is the: A, B, O:
    ALLWAYS
    BLAYM
    OTHERS
    "Um," says an attendee, "there are misspelled words."
    "Who are you? Who do you work for? Which administration sent you? Fake news. Fake news."

subtomic, FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  12. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Interesting article that may help explain the thinking of the "Trump follower"

https://www.salon.com/2020/04/07/cu...control-cult-now-faces-an-existential-crisis/

Cult expert Steven Hassan: Trump's "mind control cult" now faces an existential crisis
    Author of "The Cult of Trump" explains how the president has trained his followers to believe no one but him​

Trump's policies are actually causing real, measurable physical and economic harm to his "white working class" followers, as well as others. Yet those people remain among Trump's most devoted supporters. The coronavirus pandemic is a literal life and death example of the harm that Trump is causing his cult members. Yet they still love him. How does a person's mind reconcile such an outcome?

Donald Trump constantly tells his followers that he loves them. His people need and want to believe that Donald Trump loves them. Trump's followers have a deep investment in him emotionally and personally. I would tell Trump's true believers the same thing I would tell people in other mind control cults: Think back to what you thought you were getting involved with, and now think about where you are now. If you knew then where you would be three and a half years later, would you have ever gotten involved with Donald Trump in the first place?

I would also tell Trump's cult members to think about his lies. They need to realize that they made decisions based on things proven to not be true. Now Trump's followers know better. It is time for them to leave his cult. I would tell his cult members that it is time for a new chapter in their lives. They need to reboot their minds and behavior. Trump's followers need to think about the future, how they want to live and how they want to raise their children.

How will the coronavirus impact how Trump's cult members think about reality? How do they reconcile their love of Donald Trump with seeing people die all around them?

The cult part of their psyche is going to say it was their time. If Trump's followers are religious, they will simply rationalize it as the dead are going to a better place in heaven. These people will believe that the deaths are good because it is the end times or something of the sort. As they see their loved ones die, the authentic self may reassert itself. If it does, those people are going to get very angry and upset at Donald Trump.

Trump and his mouthpieces are now trying to blame Barack Obama and the Democrats for the coronavirus disaster. Trump and his media are also blaming Asians and Asian-Americans. There has been a rise in hate crimes as a result. What comes next as the pandemic continues?

One of the main things that cult leaders do is to project outward on to false enemies, to deflect their own irresponsible behavior and blame others. I can imagine scenarios where Trump's cult members, his followers go out and hurt other Americans. They would even go so far as to hurt their neighbors if Donald Trump and his spokespeople told them to.

I'm an idealist at heart. I want to have hope. I want people to rise up to their higher self and not descend down to barbarism and tribalism. Unfortunately, it really takes a great deal of energy to think critically, to look at data and not allow emotions to sway you to doing things that you will regret later.

(More at the link)

No Worries likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Her breaking the law.

16. biina

biina Member

Was obvious WHO was the new target sent out by therir handlers

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

* Those that live, that is.

18. NewRoxFan

Trump removes inspector general who was to oversee $2 trillion stimulus spending
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...0c6cb8-78ea-11ea-9bee-c5bf9d2e3288_story.html

ROXTXIA likes this.
  19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He's partially right.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Good question and I don't have a finite answer.

Debilitating Stroke and dementia are definite for me and greatly diminished mental faculties are another but I realize that is up for a debate about what is considered diminished.

So I don't have a hard and fast line but I will say I don't think Trump has crossed that line.