1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Transgenders no longer welcome in the military

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 26, 2017.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Just the science of the evolution of males and females. Nothing political to it. Just the facts.

[​IMG]

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL it's funny that people think trannies make up a significant portion of the military...or anything.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you don't they have any family, friends, and even SO's in the military or planning to join?

how the number of TG's planning to join or in the pipeline? and they're family, friends, and even SO's in the military or planning to join?

and if they're really insignificant, why even alienate them?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure they do have family, friends, and even SO's in the military or planning to join, what's your point? There are many more people who have other mental conditions that prevent them from joining the military and they manage to get by just fine.....and no one pretends to be outraged that those people can't join or remain in the military. People with all kinds of mental conditions are "alienated" why not take up their cause?

6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

So much winning today.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/judge-largely-blocks-trumps-military-transgender-ban/story?id=50815022

A federal court judge in Washington, D.C., has largely blocked President Trump's controversial ban on transgender people serving in the military.

The judge, Colleen Kollar-Kotelly, issued a preliminary injunction on Monday halting two portions of Trump's presidential memorandum issued in late August, including his reinstatement of the ban on transgender service members that was in place before June 2016.

Kollar-Kotelly also temporarily stopped Trump's move to block recruiting openly transgender people for the military.

However, she did not block the portion of the memo directing that government funds may not be used for sex reassignment procedures.

London'sBurning likes this.
  7. amaru

amaru Member

Agreed. Makes you wonder why people are crying about them serving.

We could always have everything able bodied American complaining about them sign up. We are recruiting. They can go kill all those Muslims they hate.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm all for having everyone of sound mind and sound body to sign up....but I'm not for just taking anyone that wants to sign up. You have to have some standards and people that caught up with gender identity have no place in the military. It is what it is.

9. amaru

amaru Member

Let’s start with the Internet warriors who say they want to fight terrorists but are too scared to sign up.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm right there with you there are plenty of internet warriors who should sign up if they feel so strongly about certain things, but that said, there's no shortage of people signing up. If there was, things would be different.

11. amaru

amaru Member

Then we’d had the rise of draft dodgers again. With their “bad knees” lol. But they have all the answers

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No doubt, we'd see plenty of Clintons and Trumps if the US ever needed to institute a draft again, but I kind of doubt that situation would happen any time soon. Perhaps we'll see more and more stop loss BS, but that would be about it.

13. amaru

amaru Member

IRR called to “check on my plans” 3 times in 20 days

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was funny, I got a call from a recruiter about 8 or 9 years ago, guy had no clue I was a vet. I kind of messed with him and told him that I'd be glad to go back, knowing that there was no way I could actually be brought back to active service due to the medical reasons that led to be getting out in the first place. That's the best way to get them to stop contacting you.

amaru likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://apnews.com/b4118e7b46444e8dad199839389dfe2b

PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump released an order Friday night banning most transgender troops from serving in military except under “limited circumstances,” following up on his calls last year to ban transgender individuals from serving.

The White House said retaining troops with a history or diagnosis of “gender dysphoria” — those who may require substantial medical treatment — “presents considerable risk to military effectiveness and lethality.”

Trump surprised the Pentagon’s leadership in a 2017 tweet when he declared he would reverse an Obama-era plan to allow transgender individuals to serve openly. His push for the ban has been blocked by several legal challenges, and three federal courts have ruled against the ban. The Pentagon responded by allowing those serving to stay in the military, and began allowing transgender individuals to enlist beginning Jan. 1.

“This new policy will enable the military to apply well-established mental and physical health standards — including those regarding the use of medical drugs — equally to all individuals who want to join and fight for the best military force the world has ever seen,” White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Friday.

The Human Rights Campaign, the nation’s largest LGBT civil rights organization, accused the Trump administration of pushing “anti-transgender prejudices onto the military.”

“There is simply no way to spin it, the Trump-Pence Administration is going all in on its discriminatory, unconstitutional and despicable ban on transgender troops,” said HRC President Chad Griffin.

Trump received recommendations from Defense Secretary Jim Mattis in February for dealing with transgender individuals serving in the military. The White House said Mattis and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen agreed with the policy.

Earlier Friday, Maj. David Eastburn, a Pentagon spokesman, said the announcement of a new policy would have no immediate practical effect on the military because the Pentagon is obliged to continue to recruit and retain transgender people in accordance with current law.

The issue has become mired in a complicated string of political statements, court decisions and policy reviews since Trump first stunned his administration with his tweets last July. It’s unclear how much impact the court decisions will have on Trump’s decision. Activist groups had worried the administration could enact such strict enlistment and health care restrictions that it would become all but impossible for transgender troops to join or continue serving.​

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

Red meat for the base to distract from rising consumer prices and the upcoming trade war. Trump might also feel more powerful now that he has a cabinet that challenges him less

B-Bob likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your high school biology doesn't make you an expert on science

18. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

20. Nook

Nook Member

I hope your get the treatment you need for your mental heath.