1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump to declare national emergency to build border wall

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

...says the party enthusiastic about seperating children from parents and putting them in happy fun-time concentration camps.

Physician, heal thyself.

MS 13 wishes they could cause as much pain and suffering as Donnie and the boys.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

What does that have to do with the trump wall? Why is that a national emergency? Are you saying pain and suffering from gang violence is a national emergency ... if so, I can think of so many more things that top gang violence.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

illegals who murder.. these are preventable.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seems the bigger problem are white nationalists

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

... but they are doing god’s work so their violence is acceptable.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. conquistador#11

It's funny because these people make tongue and cheek jokes about being scared walking their dogs when white nationalists commit murders, yet the same people are "terrified" of MS-13 when they don't even live in the barrio, which is where most of all of the ms-13 crimes happen. MS-13 prey on immigrants who can't speak out because fear of deportation. There was another case not that long ago that they killed an 12 year old from El Salvador for not joining the gang here.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Well, trump might finally get his national emergency...

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They are a problem but illegals who shouldn't be in the USA are way worse in a way because they should never have been allowed in. You can try to deflect that some more with your pet issue.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So people here illegally are a bit problem than people shooting up minorities huh? I guess that tells you whose lives you value more

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

With this logic, there isn't really any abridgment of civil rights that isn't justified. There isn't really any "allowed in." There are illegal aliens that are evading the law and there are illegal aliens in various stages of their due process. The crimes of people evading the law are not preventable. I'm sure if Trump's ICE could have grabbed these MS13 guys, they would have. The crimes of people who are in process for immigration violations are no different from people who are in process for any other crime. If it turns out that a murderer was also engaged in tax evasion, do we lament that the murder was "preventable" because that guy should have been in prison already for evading taxes?

KingCheetah likes this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You are again putting words in my mouth. I have to laugh because you never fail to amuse me Sweets. This is not a contest of what is the bigger problem with violent crime or even who commits them. I mean we can go there if you want.

But yea people shooting up anyone is a problem no matter the race. I don't think that is the issue I addressed though. I specifically addressed avoidable crime, where people who have no businesses being in the USA are committing violent crimes. I don't want MS13 and the sort in the USA. I simply don't bro. Screw them and screw illegals who commit crime. Also screw all the underground BS that goes with it because it's all illegal if they aren't legally here. It has nothing to do with the immigrans living peacefully and legally in the US.

Anyway illegals are criminals anyway. Coming illegally is disrespectful of the country they seek to take advantage of. They know they are sucking the resources out of the system and gaming it, and do so proudly and dodge taxes. It is a slap in the face to Americans who have to support that crap financially. Then to make matters worse, a lot of them are involved in crime and we have to put up with that. Then their little packs of cheerleaders and liars come into arguments like this and start spinning everything to hide the reality and put a curtain over the issue. They use race as an issue like you do if they can't actually win an argument, hoping to stop others from listening. Well I'm not going to let you do that and I resent that tactic Sweets. I resent anyone who can't win an argument without resorting to some racial point to a victim BS.

You bringing up white supremacists just shows how determined you are to distract from the real issue and you don't actually solve anything. In fact one might think you have an irrational fear of white people because of past trauma. I am sorry for whatever happened to you in the past, but you need to move on because there is a lot of love out there in the world. You really should seek some kind of trauma counseling because it isn't healthy man.

cml750 and mick fry like this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Spin it all you want man. Those crimes are avoidable with better border enforcement and better immigration laws that make sure they don't come and don't stay.

13. NewRoxFan

You do realize that over twice as many illegal aliens simply overstay their visas (comprising 43% of all undocumented immigrants) than cross illegally over the border. The fence/steel picket fence/wall won't address the biggest single source of illegal aliens...

Rashmon likes this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If someone has an idea for how to make better immigration laws and better border enforcement while still respecting the civil rights of all people, I'm for it. That we did not earlier take extrajudicial action to abrogate immigrants' rights to due process doesn't mean their presence (and subsequent crimes) were "preventable."

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Another cheer leader has come forward. I swear commenting here is like when Frodo slips the ring of power on and the wraiths are summoned to come forward.

Yeah I am aware. Something needs to be done to address those people as well. Getting rid of programs they can leech off of and enforcing stricter laws that punish people hiring illegals is needed at the very least. That is a starting point.

cml750 likes this.
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Clean up the sugar on the floor and counter and the ants stop coming into your kitchen... I don't mean to say they are bugs btw, they are people and I respect their humanity, just, the analogy really explains it. No reason to come, and they don't come. Remove the incentives with stricter laws and enforcement. Cut off their ability to survive comfortably in the US.

cml750 likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

You don't want people challenging your points?

The wall is a hugely expensive and time consuming project that doesn't even address the biggest illegal immigration problem. Instead, more efficient methods (increased border patrol hiring, increased use of technology, increased enforcement of hiring laws) would be a better use of money, would be faster to implement, and have less negative effects on local communities.

And, btw, trump's businesses have been highly visible law breakers when it comes to hiring illegal immigrants. So you might want to start there...

18. NewRoxFan

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Go ahead bro and "challenge" it. I just find it amusing and usually it isn't much of a challenge. It is more of a "spin" or "distraction" tactic by most people. I already said a lot of what you said throughout my posts here and I bolded it. I have also said I don't support a full wall, but rather more wall and better walls in key areas. Big difference from what you saw which was probably the political enemy in your head: "MAGA COUNTRAAAAY BUILD A WALL LIKE A CASTLE WOOOOO GET THAM MEXICANS!!!!"

Yeah my positions is pretty close to what you said actually, but I don't really care if we built a wall. It isn't the end of the world and I would rather a wall be put up than nothing at all. Or even in some people's case they want to tear down walls. Yeah no. Anyway, keep challenging me. I didn't mean it that way. I just am amazed at how fast this thread gets descended on in comparison to others. Any takers on when this thread will slip off the front page?

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Illegals commit crime at a lower rate than citizens. How do you explain that? Why do you say they are disrespecting our country when they are taking a chance to live the American dream and are the hardest working people - they tend to embody the American spirit than most people here. That doesn't mean I want open borders, but I do respect them and don't label them as criminals just for trying to make a living working their butts off