1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump to declare national emergency to build border wall

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Feb 14, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

No, I am saying anyone that tries to present these numbers as a reason for the wall are lying. If not lying, at least trying to mislead with these numbers. dmoney already showed that the number is well below the average in 2008 and years prior. trump himself already bragged about how the numbers under him were lower, and now he is trying to use numbers to get his vanity wall built.

Rather than building his vanity wall, he should focus on hiring more border agents, use technology to patrol wider stretches, and cut down on the magnet by targeting employers hiring illegal aliens. Of course, he have to target himself, his family and friends...

2. dmoneybangbang

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

February is the most recent and therefore relevant data point. To put the newest data point in context, since seasonality is a factor, it would be appropriate to compare to previous Febs.

4. dmoneybangbang

I guess the January data point wasn't as "robust".

Like I said, border crossings are at about a two year high per your article.

5. NewRoxFan

One of the perceived "adults in the room"...

John Kelly differs with Trump on immigration, mum on security clearances
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...p-immigration-mum-security-clearances-n980326

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

7. NewRoxFan

8. NewRoxFan

No Worries likes this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not an emergency! Nothing to see here people! Move on!

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Trump doesn't ever delegate hiring cooks and maids to hiring managers. I bet he personally oversees it because that is what billionaires do.

11. NewRoxFan

LOL... so, that's a good excuse for hypocritically breaking the law?

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Did he knowingly have them working for him? I am actually curious if you can prove that. I will fully agree with you that he is a hypocrite on this if you can show me some background proving he knew.

Actually he is a hypocrite in other ways, but regarding this I am curious if there is evidence on that.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Not surprising

14. NewRoxFan

Funny how the crimeboss never knows...

Trump and His Company Are No Aliens to Undocumented Workers
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019...ny-are-no-aliens-to-undocumented-workers.html

A pipeline of undocumented workers for Donald Trump ran from Costa Rica to N.J.: 'My whole town practically lived there'
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-undocumented-immigrants-trump-20190208-story.html

Undocumented workers say Trump golf club hired them despite immigration status
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/undocu...f-club-hired-them-despite-immigration-status/

PRESIDENT TRUMP HIRED UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS FOR $4 AN HOUR FOR DEMOLITION PROJECT: COURT DOCS
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-undocumented-immigrants-tower-demolish-724845

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

So you have a worker saying she thinks he knew.... not evidence. You have have Trump claiming he didn't hire them because of e-verify... not evidence. An HR person who likely wanted to cover it up not taking their names... not evidence. More workers making claims but nothing about Trump... not evidence. The word of one party in a lucrative law suit... not evidence. The fact that Trump settled and claimed he didn't settle. r****ded, but... not evidence.

So you just wasted my time after I asked for evidence. Thanks. You win in that regard, but you lose the argument. Unless you find something concrete. Waiting still. Think you can maybe keep it to one paragraph next time instead of info dumping to hide the fact that you don't actually have something solid?

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

17. NewRoxFan

What, you would expect trump to have interviewed them? Again, he was the crimeboss... though someone did say he knew (very possible, since I suspect she interacted with trump, who must have known she was from another country). And you completely ignored the last article. And heck, you even mixed up the whole "trump lied about using e-verify."

You are a trump defender... what else would I have expected...

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

At this point you are just wasting time. You literally just repeated your garbage about some person simply saying they think he must have known. Not evidence. Literally the weakest evidence. Then on top of it, you say I mixed up something when I clearly acknowledged it and just didn't phrase it how you want it said. Tough cookies. Still not evidence.

So you failed to provide evidence and you are just posting crap to waste my time at this point. Also I looked at the last article, which I acknowledged, and it didn't prove anything.

Calling him a crime boss is a bit of a stretch, considering that is used for criminal organizations. Shifty businessmen yes but crimeboss, please. You have Trump derangement syndrome. I routinely critique Trump though, and challenge people regarding him as well. It's called trying to remain unbiased. Something you should try.

The guy is no angel, but to say you just know he went around hiring illegals to save a meager amount is borderline ridiculous when that act is more likely attributed to HR managers trying to save a buck.

19. NewRoxFan

LOL. I gave trump kudos. Started a whole thread. See... by your definition I am the "unbiased" one...

dachuda86 likes this.
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I'll give you some credit where it's due lol