1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump, the Fools that Voted for Him, and the Fools that Stayed Home

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The collective psychosis of America last night, a national mental breakdown that allowed a very dangerous, very loose cannon deeply under the sway of the worst political class of this country to become head of the world's most powerful country didn't occur only because of those just not bright enough to comprehend the consequences, or just uneducated enough not to understand what they were doing, or simply ignorant of the danger and the consequences - ignorant because they couldn't take the time to develop enough interest in the political process so critical to the success of our nation - those things that make us a beacon for people around the world who aspire to have our freedoms and prosperity - that they knew not what they did.

No, there was also another reason, despite the truth of what I just wrote. Yes, others are guilty. Guilty of hubris. That it didn't matter what they said about the Democratic candidate. That they could say the worst things about Hillary Clinton, the vast majority of it untrue and, ironically, much of it parroting the Republican Party's non-stop effort to demonize the woman over the last 25+ years, and that it wouldn't matter. That they would make her and the Democratic Party pay for not nominating their guy and would do it by not only parroting the GOP machine, but parroting as well the group of bigots and ultra-nationalist America First people closest to Trump, who represent the worst America has to offer. And that's not all they did. They influenced those who were looking for answers to the question of who to elect President. They constantly slammed Hillary Clinton. They attacked the Democratic Party, despite being in many cases their own party. So they voted for Stein, or they voted for Johnson as a "protest," or they didn't vote for a presidential candidate at all. The worst of the fools that elected Trump did it by simply staying at home, ignoring those down ballot races that decided the makeup of the next Congress.

They are the worst of those responsible for this disaster, because they knew what a danger he was and still left it to others to pick up the slack and get her elected. One can point fingers at the Director of the FBI, and one can point fingers at Russia's oligarchy, whose own fingers were all over this election. I'm pointing my finger at those who knew better and didn't work to get Hillary Clinton elected, and instead helped to elect Donald Trump with their "intellectual" indifference. Voting for the Democratic candidate for President was down 3 percentage points, while voting for the Republican candidate was up less that 1%. YOU are the worst of those who elected Donald trump. You will deny it. You will blame the outcome on everyone but yourselves, but you WERE as responsible as any of the other factors in play for the person that won the election, and not only at the top of the ticket, but down ballot, as well. The Republican Party now controls all three branches of our elected government. Think about that and how you helped bring it about when vacancies on the Supreme Court and other lifetime Federal judicial vacancies are filled. Think about that when millions lose their healthcare. Think about that when the great social progress we have made in so many areas is tossed into the national dumpster. This was a catastrophe for the LGBT community, the poor, the elderly, the young, immigrants, both legal and illegal, hoping to find a better life in America, and all those simply struggling to make it in this country, struggling through no fault of their own. This catastrophe is thanks to YOU.

One last comment. You are the dregs of the progressive movement, having caused more harm to it than most can imagine. But I can imagine it and you will watch it play out, knowing deep down that you had a huge role in making it happen. Think about that. I hope you choke on your thoughts. Oh, and a very hearty **** you, chumps.

Nick_713, Zergling, pahiyas and 16 others like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree 100%...but some people are telling me that people like me that voted for Clinton is the real reason that Trump got elected...

DreamShook, daywalker02 and Deckard like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks, Jay. What a bitter day.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I didn't vote for Trump and yet I'm insulted by your thread. People's votes are their own to use, not you or others to tell them how to use it. Take Clinton's and Obama's advice and be respectful. It's this type of attitude that convinces me why the polls were so wrong and why Dems had several big losses.

5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Quit trying to justify the election results. Trump received more electoral votes than Clinton. That's it. This isn't a mandate of heaven or a message to the establishment or anything like that.

RocketsLegend likes this.
  6. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Funny that the ones calling people "fools" are supposed to be the more tolerant of the two major parties.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

More people voted for Clinton than Trump though so I'm not so sure bragging about electoral votes is the way to go.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  8. Svpernaut

That's like a team saying, "You may have won four games to three, but we scored the most points in our best of seven series!"

Each team knows the rules beforehand. A loss is a loss, bro.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not really anything like that is it? How exactly do you lose a game you've scored more points in.:confused:

If the idea of Cohete's argument was that Trump has the support of the people behind him right now I think the response is no, he doesn't. He has the support of the people the voted for him assuredly, but he lost the popular vote. If you think Trump has any kind of mandate you are going to be surprised. That's all I'm saying.

10. Svpernaut

Do you even read? "...we scored the most points in our best of seven series!"

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

Seriously. Insulting people because they have a different opinion than you. Who is really the bigot here? Time to grow up.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's EXACTLY like that. You can win games 1-3 by 100 points each and then lose games 4-7 by 1 point each and you still lose. Talking about how awesome you were in games 1-3 doesn't mean anything.

jbasket and cml750 like this.
  13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I get that you're upset that your candidate lost, but pointing fingers and blame is in poor taste and doesn't bridge the gap between the sides that you're trying to bring to your side.

People had their reasons for voting or not and for which candidate they supported. Everyone should respect that freedom. You're free to disagree, but be civil at least, especially if you're trying to change their opinions.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Trump has what Obama had in 2008, with a Supreme Court vacancy and a couple of other judges hanging on by their fingernails. That's what is important, post-election, in the domestic sphere. Overseas, our allies and friends are busy freaking out. You can count on that, although they will attempt to keep a lid on it publicly.

15. Svpernaut

This seems to be the status quo from the left, and it is baffling to me. The right is so "intolerant" but the left absolutely can never accept when they are at fault, or admit when their candidates are. The Podesta emails from WikiLeaks were a perfect point of this. No matter how much evidence came out about how shady the DNC and Hillary were - she could do no wrong in her eyes. Meanwhile, countless Trump voters I know (and no I didn't vote for Trump), openly admitted his flaws and just said that it was basically "anyone but Clinton."

The left has a lot of soul searching to do, and finger pointing and self pity like this thread is why they are completely powerless as a party for at least the next two years.

cml750 likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No it is nothing like that, this wasn't a best of seven series. This was one game. One night. All the preparation for the year went into this one night. You are still making the argument that you can lose the game and still score more points.

Again, this vote is thanks to low turnout and still Clinton won the popular vote. If you think that Trump has a mandate and people will accept it you'll be sorely mistaken.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Did you read his post? He's going after those on the left.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

TLDR version: party over principle or GTFO the party.

Hard to sympathize with that POV, but also hard to argue against it because a lot of "party over principle" Republicans who didn't really like Trump just pushed him to victory.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's actually a best of 538 series. Popular vote is totally irrelevant.

When you control the White House and both bodies of Congress....you have a mandate. The people said that they want you for president and they want your agenda furthered.....as Obama said, "elections have consequences"

cml750 likes this.
  20. Svpernaut

I am agreeing with his statement, and backing it up with more argument. You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

Richie_Rich likes this.