1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Trump: Media is the enemy of the American people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anticope, Feb 17, 2017.

1. TheresTheDagger

And why did you reply in that manner? You knew your post had the good chance to be misleading. Fake news supporter now?

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was pointing that the seeming rationale being put forward in that tweet wasn't conclusive. Honestly, I didn't think it would be a huge deal. It was in no way supporting fake news.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trump is the enemy of the republic.

DD

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Your daily reminder that trump will make up any lie, no matter how ridiculous and easy to disprove...

5. NewRoxFan

During a press conference with the president of Finland...

6. NewRoxFan

7. NewRoxFan

Let's see. There is fox news, and oan, and his own trump news network (on facebook only now apparently)... but trump cries about CNN at a health care event...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, I think that's okay. It's a healthcare event, and the POTUS is encouraging people to watch less cable television, and indeed, that would be good for their health. :D

9. NewRoxFan

She escaped fox news...

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The good "some said to me" anecdote. It's a tell of Trump when he's just expressing his own opinion.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm watching Meet the Press and Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) when asked about the Ukraine situation went straight to talking about how Trump from day one has been treated very unfairly by a biased media and that he doesn't trust Obama officials Strozk, Paige, Comey, and Brennan. Nothing about Ukraine and when pressed about it continued to blame Chuck Todd for being biased and that Obama officials were the ones that need to be investigated.

There you have it in a nutshell Trump's defense. Ignore what Trump and his administration is actually saying and blame the media and officials who aren't in office anymore.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's a desperate gambit and really mass gaslighting, as more and more details are going to be coming out. And they'll be, in the history books, sticking fingers in their ears and yelling "unfair! nope, it's just not fair!" What a spectacle for the whole world, watching the rapid decline of our democracy in real time.

RayRay10 and foh like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I agree it's a desperate gamble. It also might be one that might work.

14. foh

foh Member

When is the cognitive dissonance going to kick in for the Republican voters/party - the party of accountability and personal responsibility. All that
    talk about not asking for handouts and pulling oneself up by one's bootstraps, but it is ok to cry "woe be me" and "life is unfair" when things don't go their way.

Soft like Charmin!

#1314 foh, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

It won't. The current GOP has long since been the party of victimhood. If you look at GOP rhetoric, especially the memes it is all about victimhood. It is all about how immigrants are getting benefits at the costs of those they claim to support. It is all about how Democrats, Leftists etc are getting away with stuff while looking to take your stuff. It is all about how political correctness is attacking their values. I just saw a Trump ad this morning and it shamelessly plays upon this idea that "real Americans" are under threat by the swamp and Trump is the only one who can do anything about it.

You don't even need to see Trump ads. Just look at most of the post here made by those defending Trump. It invariably goes to those same themes.

BaselineFade, RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  16. foh

foh Member

But wouldn't the underlying implication be that all these immigrants and other minorities are getting these hand outs while we are the hard working backbone of America? GOP did try to repeal Obamacare that would have negatively effected some Republican electorate (eg Trump's own base) - or was that just them being brainwashed?

But yeah, you might be right. I don't really know, obviously

17. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Maybe, but I think much less likely now for a number of reasons.

This tactic isn’t new. It has been going on since the start, but with selected members of the admin. It was limited in scope and not taken as serious, though it works well for the gop base. The press didn’t push back as much, there is less focus and the victims are brainwashed slowly. Slow boiling the frog effect.

Now the GOP leadership and extended is fully on board using the same tactic and impeachment is news everyday, the visibility is much higher. The press have much more opportunity, practice, awareness of the tactic - they will and are pushing back. Big step in the right direction - call out the BS.

The POTUS can’t control himself. He keeps making amateurish mistake publicly and each of these gets highlighted and with extended coverage. He is doing this at a quick and fast pace.

The facts will keep coming out now that the Dem are serious and going fast. The press is extremely engaged with these and are themselves looking for insider info. While the muller investigation was done mostly quiet and at a snail pace, this is much more public and is racing down the track.

With things happening fast - the slow frog boiling effect isn’t happening. The gaslighting then must be necessary sharp and extremely clear - the frogs that have been slow boiled might even see the light and jump out, while other frogs are thinking what, you think I’m that stupid? nay.

While I think this will shore up segment of the base even more, it will alienate a small portion of it who see through it. I think it will alienate a greater portion of the public who while aren’t fully trustworthy of the press, knows what’s going on when deflection of current events that is horrible for the POTUS is so stark and constant.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. DaDakota

Thank GOD for true media like the NYT, the WSJ, CNN, and others that report the facts over the lies.

DD

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

CNN doesn't report facts. They are a sensationalist news site that spends more time posting stupid opinions. Essentially Skip Bayless and loudmouth of the news community.

20. DaDakota

Wrong - CNN reports the facts - they fact check in real time, do they lean left - yes, but they are reporting the facts - and let the educated viewership decide, unlike FOX or MSNBC who are really far in one direction.

CNN is middle left.....and fact based.

DD