1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Media is the enemy of the American people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anticope, Feb 17, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump forced to respond to press editorial. Interesting to note that the president shattering all records for lies told to the American people believes "HONEST WINS." In all caps, no less. And for someone that believes in "FREEDOM OF PRESS", sure seems odd he has banned reporters, kicked out reporters, and regularly complains about so-called FAKE NEWS, including in this very tweet.

With trump's complaint about NFL players protests, removing security clearances of past intelligence people who voiced criticisms, and now the press... its been a great time for the First Amendment...

2. NewRoxFan

... and more rants by trump about the First Amendment, er, free press. I wonder if trump will cancel all press conferences this week, or will he trot shs out there to blame the people she faces for asking questions and holding trump accountable for the American people?

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

The media is free to write and report fake news and I have the freedom of speech to criticizes them.

Fake news wants you to believe that journalists are being jailed under Trump which would be an actual violation of the freedom of the press.

4. conquistador#11

The M just threw down the gauntlet for 2020? Who would even come close to challenging him, I could see him:

5. NewRoxFan

Oof... and making brian kilmeade look smart in comparison...

6. NewRoxFan

Conservative commentator S.E. Cupp...

JuanValdez likes this.
  7. TheresTheDagger

Reply to Ms. Cupp

8. NewRoxFan

But why is this guy complaining about breitbart, infowars to SE Cupp? Note I did not include Fox News... since fox, while tilted right, will make an effort to include facts and both sides in their news casts (their op/commentary part... not so much). Just as CNN, NYT, CBS, WaPo, and the large majority of the news media does.

trump, your, and this anonymous tweeter's complaint... there is a lot of negative reporting about trump... but hard to argue that there is so much negative stuff to report about.

So here's the challenge to you (since you complain about the media)... what is happening that is not being reported?

#668 NewRoxFan, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was scanning Google news. Up comes an opinion piece from the "Washington Examiner". Never heard of it, but the headline makes its viewpoint clesr:

Omerosa has no credibility, but liberals love her because she hates Trump.

Hm... interesting premise. I click on "more stories" below it...

[New York Times]Opinion:This Is Your Brain On Omerosa

Then few lines down

[The Guardian]Stephen Colbert calls Omarosa's book 'the literary equivelant of day old sushi'.

And several more lines down.

[CBS News]Some black Americans aren't buying Omarosa's turn against Trump.

When you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Apparently even when it is sticking out of your foot, for the persecuted conservatives of America. I think maybe there was an opportunity there to shrug off Omerosa after a brief little news cycle that is now going to spiral out of control.

Omarosa had less credibility that Trump himself, but the white house has been trying so hard to strike back that they've built her up. In case you are wondering why all those previous white houses acted so above it all when Kitty Kelly wrote a book or whatever, maybe this is an object lesson here?

10. NewRoxFan

The Washington Examiner is a right wing newspaper. See... those exist too... :D

11. Anticope

Anticope Member

Wow a tweet from some right wing conspiracy peddling dotard, good stuff. The media has plenty of issues (CNN's 24 hour coverage of anything and everything Trump drives me crazy, just one example), but the Trump-defending crowd has absolutely no room to crow about bias or truth. Elect leaders that aren't morally bankrupt sociopaths and then maybe you'll have a leg to stand on.

PatBev likes this.
  12. TheresTheDagger

And you know this because....?

13. NewRoxFan

And later, commenting on the U.S. Senate which unanimously passed a resolution affirming that "media is not the enemy of the people."

B-Bob likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

I know what because of ? That fox news reports facts and offers both sides of stories? That NYT WaPo, CNN, etc reports facts and offers both sides of a story?

Not surprised you avoided my challenge to say what wasn't being reported...

15. TheresTheDagger

Attacking the messenger instead of the message is a pretty weak debate tactic but you be you.

Oh look. More Trump supporter bashing (and messenger attacking) What a new and refreshing take!:rolleyes:

We had Trump and Clinton as the viable choices last time. Which one isn't "morally bankrupt"?

Agreed. We both have issues with the press. Why the hostile tone then?

16. TheresTheDagger

Not surprised you can't prove your assertion.....

17. NewRoxFan

You are very trump-like in your discussion approach. You accuse the mainstream media is one-side in their reporting. I said fox, CNN, WaPo, NYT reports facts and present both sides of the story. I challenged you to provide examples of news not reported. Its pretty easy challenge... support your accusation. Perhaps you know that any news item you can list will have been reported by the mainsteam media.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

But honestly, what was random Twitter guy's message? We're delusional if we don't agree w him? Is that really a message w enough substance to attack? Not to me.

His opinion is the media is largely anti-Trump. I disagree. The facts and storylines presented in reality are largely anti- Trump b/c the guy is not very studied or logical or decent or thoughtful in his actions. Then, to compound the negativity, he rails against any criticism like a 2-yr-old. So that is, of course, also reported.

He keeps ******** his bed and people report it but it's "fake news." Twitter guy then says I'm delusional because I don't demand 50% trump-positive coverage. Uh, okay.

Me: dude is ******** his bed!
    Twitter guy: no, but the media never says what a healthy and well-formed turd it was and those sheets needed changing anyway!

Uh, okay.

TheFreak likes this.
  19. TheresTheDagger

Whether he's a Trump supporter or not, is besides the point.

His SPECIFIC TWEET wasn't about Trump or even left leaning media sources. It was about a BIASED press. That means ANY BIASED press.

This is the issue today when talking about this issue. Media bias is dangerous, its not specific to any one media organization, and the issue has been around since far before Trump.

20. TheresTheDagger

I'll respond to your question this way.

Do you think Fox News reports every story with an emphasis to include a leftist point of view as they do a right wing point of view? I don't.....