1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump denying Hispanic US Citizens Passports and jailing in immigration centers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is getting ridiculous. This man, in his zeal to rid the country of those who would vote against him, it's increasingly going to extremes that can only be viewed as criminal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...a1991f075d5_story.html?utm_term=.592254c69e3e

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Somewhat related.

Maybe a new passport process in place. If so, this may impact many people that once thought their birth certificate was good enough. I can’t find any more info so can’t be sure but few thing surprise me anymore with this group of zealots at the top.

https://www.kctv5.com/news/kansas-w...cle_144c19aa-b50f-11e8-94f5-6b921312a97a.html

Barbara was born in a farmhouse in the 1970s in Leavenworth County. She had a birth certificate. Her father went to the courthouse days after she was born to certify her birth -- raised seal and all.

The local passport agency accepted her documentation as satisfactory for her passport application. Days later, she received a letter from the federal division of the U.S. Passport Agency out of Houston, TX, telling her the application was denied and required further documentation.

“I have a birth certificate it was accepted before, why wouldn’t it be accepted again?” Barbara explained.

The letter stated, because her birth certificate was not issued at a institution or hospital, it was not considered proof enough of her citizenship.

She received a letter asking her to submit any number of the listed additional documents.

“Border crossing card or green card for your parents issued prior to your birth? My parents were born in the United States….Early religious records? We don’t have any. Family Bible? They won’t accept a birth certificate but they will accept a family Bible?” Barbara said.