1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Crisis Finally Hits Stocks As Concerns Mount Over GOP Defections

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, May 17, 2017.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

But, Trump took credit and his minions applauded him for the stock market rise in 2017. If he takes and gets credit, shouldn’t he take and get blame (regardless of whether or not he had anything to do with either swing)? It’s only fair.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You are smart enough to separate my defense of him in the Russia witch hunt from my opinion on his policies right?

You realize those are separate subjects right?

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That's fine. But his base support won't do that

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why do you think that is? Why do you think his base is like that?

What’s your opinion @RocketsLegend ?

Amiga likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He's their Karl Malone. Anything goes

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My position is (1) the Mueller investigation is anything but a "witchhunt" and (2), my opposition to trump re: the Mueller investigation is much more important than opposing his policies. And this ignores what a horrible immoral person he is.

(1). Even calling it a "witchhunt" is ridiculous and parrots trump and his supporters. So far, the "witchhunt" has resulted in four indictments of people close to trump. And as I have already shown, Mueller has five active paths in his investigation, with very credible evidence already known and much more that will be made known when he wraps up his investigation. No president should be guilty of any one of these... the fact that there are five (and potentially five articles of impeachment) shows how much trouble trump is in.

(2) Having a president that has soiled the important institution of the presidency is so much more important than his policy positions. Elections have consequences, and policy positions are the consequences of his winning the presidency. So while I can oppose his policies, the correct recourse is voicing opposition and campaigning for preferred candidates and policies in future elections. But Mueller's investigation isn't his policies... its an investigation of crimes and activity trump and his campaign members did leading up to the election. Again, what he is being investigated for shakes the very core of our countries democratic process and foundation. Way more important than any tax policy.

The fact that trump is a corrupt and immoral person still only makes the investigation more important. Scandal after scandal, reflecting the corruption and lack of morals that is at the very core of trump and his presidency. The fact that he can defend and commend someone that abused two spouses (and at least one girlfriend) without expressing any concern for the victims is a single reflection of trumps lack of morals.

7. NewRoxFan

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It's all innuendo

I believe even spoiled billionaires are innocent until proven guilty

9. NewRoxFan

[​IMG]

London'sBurning and R0ckets03 like this.
  10. adoo

adoo Member

on 3-22-18 the dotard announced tariffs on Chinese imports, the DOW tanked 700; then China announced it will levy tariff on porks, fruits. lumber import from the US, hinting that it may stop buying US treasury in favor of higher-yielding European treasury,
    the DOW tanked another 400

for week-ending 3-23-18, the DOW tanked ~ 1,400 for the weeks; self-inflicted wound by the dotard

FranchiseBlade and No Worries like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

US agriculture has been making some serious inroads into the Chinese market. Then the TPP fiasco happened, and now this.

It's almost like he doesn't give a **** about the people who voted for him. Shocking, I know.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

It’s almost like he doesn’t doesn’t know what the **** he is doing.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn't that the main reason most conservatives voted for him?

He definitely shook things up and broke the broken system. Doesn't seem people are too happy about it though.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

"Almost"?

mdrowe00, No Worries and pirc1 like this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

An excellent post, and as soon as I finished reading it, I thought to myself, "pgabriel will post a line or 2 in response that completely ignore the facts. It's what he does now." Yes, that's exactly what he did. The guy is a colossal waste of time, which is a pity, since most of the trump fans now (and he's a trump fan, and I'd bet money a trump voter) are pure trolls, an algorithm, or being paid to post in support of the fool sometimes occupying the White House.

I don't think pgabriel is any of those things. He just doesn't pay any attention to what the rest of us write here. Doesn't matter how well informed and factual the posts are. We've both seen that. Heck, everyone with half a brain has seen that. The guy, with all due respect, is so stubborn that he wouldn't admit being wrong if it would save his life. He doesn't care what we post. He'll repeat his one or two lines until hell freezes over. It makes no sense whatsoever. Sometimes I think a kid has taken over his account, some cousin or nephew who bought his laptop and just took over because he opened it up and ClutchFans was staring him in the face. That would make more sense than trying to wrap one's head around who or what is putting out this nonsense.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  16. No Worries

It’s JUST like he doesn’t doesn’t know what the **** he is doing.

Happy? :D

mdrowe00, NewRoxFan and B-Bob like this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We?

The smart people knew he was a con man. There is no WE in his selection.

DD

18. adoo

adoo Member

on the day after China announced its retaliatory move---responding the Trump's tariff on Chinese imports---to increase tariffs by
    up to 25 % on 128 U.S. products,

from frozen pork and wine to certain fruits and nuts,
    escalating a dispute between the world's biggest economies.

the specter of a trade war looms large; the stock market reacted negatively, w the DOW tanking another ~500 points.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chin...ponse-u-duties-steel-aluminium-002536575.html

19. No Worries

Trade wars are easy to win. Trump has got this.

20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Yup, Trade wars are good and easy to win. The Chinese tariffs are all targeting Trump base states, first wave precision strikes. Trump is please one segment of his base by pissing off another segment, good for him!