1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Approval at 55%! Go Trump!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Feb 16, 2017.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You mean Republican voter turnout?

I think 2018 is a pretty good indicator that R voters will be out in full force, but Dem likely voters far outnumber what is left with Trump hardcore Republicans. That number can get up to 45% but Dems hold 55% easily.

It’s all about turnout on the Dems side. That’s why I prefer a candidate like Kamala over a Biden or even Bernie. Someone with the ability to excite and yes... be treated like a celebrity to get the gravitas in the media that Obama got to sell the brand of the Democrats. I think all of the Dem candidates can win, but exciting the base of our party is what ensures it, and ensures wins in Trump districts.

I will say that Kamala also has a low floor as well. I actually think Biden has a low floor too as he can really nose dive with some major gaff potential, and his age is showing which will be a problem if he doesn’t get some pep in his step. Bernie and Warren have a pretty solid floor but probably not the ceiling Kamala has to turn out voters IF she can perform like Obama in her own style.

But yeah if Trump depresses his own turnout he’s F-ed, and only can win by cheating through election meddling which he’s activity trying to solicit even now in broad daylight cause he knows the warning signs in the polls and especially looking at the economy. I think we see here pretty clearly though that his base is mostly in the tank and they hate Democrats more than anything so the more we disapprove of Trump the more galvanized they are to come out and vote for him regardless of his performance so Dems cannot rely on his voters having low turnout in 20.

#981 dobro1229, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Rashmon likes this.
  2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Don’t look now, polls show highest approval rating of his presidency which is higher than Obama at this point in his first term.
    [​IMG]

Roc Paint and crash5179 like this.
  3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Not surprising considering the great shape the nation is in at this point. Lots of faux outrage with little to no substance. With the entire platform of the Democratic Party based around hating Trump and giving free stuff to everyone with no plan on how to pay for it, its easy to understand Trumps approval rating.

It’s also pretty obvious as Trump fills up stadiums while Democrat Hopefuls have trouble filling up a coffee shop.

4. biff17

biff17 Member

Why do you think Harris will excite voters?

I think if she did she would be doing much better.

5. biff17

biff17 Member

I noticed you did not provide a link.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Tanks, but no tanks.

Nook likes this.
  7. adoo

adoo Member

u need to stop lying, Obama's lowest rating 1st term was 46%; he was above 50% most of his 1st term

btw
    , even w his highest approval rating ever,
    polls also show that Trump would lose on head-to-head contest against these Dems

• Biden
    • Harris
    • Warren
    • Sanders

polls also show > 62% of Americans consider Trump un-presidential​

#987 adoo, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  8. biff17

biff17 Member

So you think crowd size matters at this point?

9. mick fry

mick fry Member

10. adoo

adoo Member

11. biff17

biff17 Member

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

The poll, which was released on Sunday, found that 47 percent of registered voters approve of Trump’s work inside the White House – a five point jump since April.
    In comparison, Barack Obama’s approval rating during the same time in his first term was 46 percent, while George W. Bush’s was 61 percent.

crash5179 likes this.
  13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Tank you very much!

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Why would I care about polls when “polls” showed Trump being defeated by every Democratic candidate at one point and also had him losing to Hillary by a landslide. Believe in your polls if you like.

Roc Paint likes this.
  15. mick fry

mick fry Member

You’re the one lying or spinning,his approval rating has nothing to do with being un-presidential. Hell I’ve said he’s un-presidential doesn’t mean he’s not doing a good job.

16. biff17

biff17 Member

If you don't care about polls why did you make a post touting Trumps poll numbers?

I guess we should just forget that ever happened?

17. adoo

adoo Member

it appears that Mick fry is too afraid to answer your piercing question

Sooty likes this.
  18. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Probably because you do which means the probability that it would solicit a salt infused comedic reaction is very high.

Well, anyways that would be my only reason to care about a poll. I can't really speak directly for whoever that dude is.

#998 Realjad, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  19. mick fry

mick fry Member

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

[​IMG]