1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump and swamp drainage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Dec 27, 2016.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Not a surprise, but curious as to what Trump's new-found supporters used to criticize previous administrations on this. I guess being such an "outsider" hasn't been such a "breath of fresh air"...

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/donald-trump-donors-rewards-232974

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Donald Trump is a pathological and unrepentant liar.

#2 No Worries, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    SF3isBack!! likes this.
  3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Trump is rich. He isn't beholden to the wealthy...

Except he is beholden to himself. He's pushing a tax plan that benefits him greatly. He looks out for those that can further his business interests (which are other super-wealthy individuals).

4. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I never get over how un-informed the liberals on this board are.

Most of the people Trump has appointed are the people he has said he will be appointing all along.

His drain the swamp was a promise he is keeping regarding the proposal to put a cap on lobbying and congressional tenure.

This is far from the Hope and Change Obama parroted without delivering any Hope and Change 8 years later.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I never get over what puppets several of the members here have become for Mr. Trump. The swamp that needs draining is the swamp Trump and his helpers in "winning" this election, foreign and domestic, have created themselves.

We are supposed to be in an awful economic situation, according to Mr. Trump and his supporters, and it is passing strange to witness. Unemployment has dropped to the lowest level since 2007, just before the worst financial collapse since the Great Depression, and is at 4.6%. President Obama was left an outright economic catastrophe to deal with from day one and has not only pulled us back from the brink of disaster, but has made our economy the envy of the developed world. Inflation is almost non-existent. Job growth continues. Over 15 million jobs have been created during his two terms in office, nearly twice the number created during George Bush's two terms in office and the 3rd highest number since the 1980's. Yet according to his ardent minions, we are in a god-awful economic mess.

You are spewing bullshit, people. Whatever happened to the truth? Too inconvenient?

#5 Deckard, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Nook and dmoneybangbang like this.
  6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Breaking: Congress Refuses to Impose Regulations on Self. More at 11!

RocketWalta likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

Hopefully you stretched before that display of contortion. Trump's ex campaign manager started a lobbying group... how convenient, yes?

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The goalpost shifted to getting rid of a black president, aka the Swamp.

Deckard likes this.
  9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The Dims complaining about Trump being a liar? BWAAHAHAHAHA you supported the Clintons!

hypocrites

(but I'm laughing my ass off at your pitiful sour grapes...get over it losers)

10. NewRoxFan

LOL, bigtex is always good for a laugh. Serious questions though... since you seem to believe the Clintons are liars and Trump's lying is comparable to the Clinton's lying... is Trump's lying acceptable because his beliefs line up with yours? Shouldn't we want a President that doesn't lie? Did you vote for Trump thinking he wouldn't lie, and now you are just finding out he is a liar (and a really big liar at that)? Your views on Trump's lying would be fascinating.

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

is this different than Hilary having several post mortem meetings with her billion dollar donors who demanded explanations (excuses) why they lost?

12. NewRoxFan

I am confused? Is Clinton's name in the title of this thread? Did Clinton make a campaign promise to drain the swamp? Perhaps there is a thread to discuss Clinton. This thread is about Trump, who did make such a promise that was core to his campaign. And seems to be yet another campaign lie (ok, to be nice, I will call it a flipflop).

So ipaman, since you voted for Trump, do you feel betrayed? Or is his lie and undrained swampiness acceptable? I know I sure would be unhappy if Clinton ran on draining the swamp and then did this.

Deckard likes this.
  13. ipaman

I didn't vote for Trump or Hilary. That said, I think Trump has brought way more change before he's even started than the predecessor who ran on change. That was the ultimate betrayal. So even though all politicians lie and break promises, I think Trump has somewhat "drained the swamp." The government still has to run so you need folks with those skills so it's a fine line. The one thing Trump has promised is to shake things up and so far he's delivered on that and I'll give him credit for now. Others, like Obama, promised change but it was more of the same and in some cases worse as time went on. So credit faded.

14. NewRoxFan

LOL, wow, with all the people who didn't vote for him its amazing he won. But good you at least acknowledge he lies and breaks promises. Funny you allow him the weasel words like "fine lines".

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'd give him credit, if say, in two years Trump replaces the current cabinet with hardcore anarchists.

Maybe he can remodel the Smithsonian and replace those old things with new shiny gold plated things... while pocketing the proceeds as operating fees, of course.

16. ipaman

it really is a fine line. running a federal government isn't like anything else so i'm sure you need folks who knows how it works. you just hope those folks serve the mandate and not their own interests. that remains to be seen with trump and his administration. I mean he hasn't even started yet for god sakes. To call him out now is very premature. Let's wait and see.

17. dmoneybangbang

Stuffing his administration with wall st, political donors, and billionaires doesn't send a message of change.

We did this with 8 years of Bush Jr. where we deregulated and neutered government agenicies.... remind how that turned out economically?

18. dmoneybangbang

I'm laughing my ass of at Trump supporters who got fooled by snake oil salesman.

19. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

20. Buck Turgidson

There it is, every****ingtime, the "but Hillary..."

It's all you have because you're too embarrassed to actually defend Trump.