1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump and Israel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Feb 10, 2017.

1. trustme

trustme Member

Not surprised you're a flip flopper as well. Just like trump.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

he has jerked off to him since day one. As if people needed evidence of his support he would go out of his way to post things like "Yay..go Bibi!". Dude is a loser...

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So much hate by our resident low-IQ Islamists and leftists. Sad.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

^ I didn't even ask for a demonstration and yet the monkey proceeded to dance LOL

Tbh though, he has documented mental issues, best to show some class and stay away from this one.

No Worries likes this.
  5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The Palestinians can have peace whenever they want it. All they have to do is launch zero attacks and BAM, instant peace. Peace is not their goal. Israel can have peace, but only by 1) abandoning the field, or 2) completely eliminating their opponents. Option 1 is not acceptable to the Israelis, and option 2 is not acceptable to the world at large. Thus, if peace were in fact the goal, the onus would be on the Palestinians to create it. It doesn't help the Palestinians' cause that Israel and a good percentage of her citizens are fine with the status quo. As for the settlements, Israel completely and unilaterally withdrew from all settlements in Gaza. How did that work out for them?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I wonder if this proves out to be another of those things that are more complex than expected...

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

My dad rented "The Ambassador" with Robert Mitchum once. All I remember is some Arab dude yelling "Hassal don't" and getting shot in the stomach.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Who the **** sends Patrick Bateman to talk to a Black September accountant.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, the Palestinians have done it before and they just ended up having more of their land illegally settled or being attacked by the Israelis. While it wasn't always the Israelis that attacked first in the decades of conflict, there have been times when the Palestinians have not attacked Israel, and they were not granted peace as a result. You can look at the cease fire prior to the invasion of the Gaza. The Palestinians actually held the cease fire, and then Israel entered Operation Cast Lead and invaded the Gaza.

You can also look at the time in the early 80's when the PLO was attacked in Beirtut. They were bombed by Israel and only then did they respond with some shelling and Israel tried to invade Lebanan, and were beatne back.

I understand that wasn't really Israel or the press' narrative but it is what happened. Both the Palestinians and Israelis have failed to abide by their agreements at different times. It is false to say that Israel has only realiated and that the Palestinians could have peace as soon as they stop attacking the Israelis.

Exiled and No Worries like this.
  11. StupidMoniker

Hamas never went a single month without firing rockets into Israel. The calmest month was October, the month before Operation Cast Lead, when there was only one rocket attack and one mortar attack. Over the course of the six month "cease fire" there were more than a dozen rocket attacks and more than a dozen mortar attacks. Israel then launched a paratrooper raid to destroy a smuggling tunnel. Hamas responded by launching more attacks, with 125 rocket attacks and 68 mortar attacks in November. After that, Operation Cast Lead was launched, targeting rocket and mortar launch sites in Gaza. Calling this Israel breaking the cease fire agreement is factually incorrect. Perhaps Israel could have chosen to live with a few rocket and mortar attacks per month and allowed unrestricted smuggling of weapons into Gaza, but Hamas absolutely did not stop all attacks against Israel.
    The Israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1982 followed a number of PLO attacks within Israel against civilian targets. The Israelis withdrew after completely driving the PLO from Lebanon (they fled to Tunisia).
    We'll never know until they actually try it. What we know doesn't work is the attacks against civilian targets in Israel.

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

deleted

#32 FranchiseBlade, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    No Worries likes this.
  13. StupidMoniker

Are you sure you want to use that as your source? Did you realize that it denies the legitimacy of any Israeli state? I just want to make sure that's where you are going before I bother rebutting anything specifically included.

#33 StupidMoniker, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Nope, absolutely not. Israel has the right to exist without a doubt. Like I said, it was something quick that I found and I only read the part about the specifics of our conversation. I will remove the post with the link in it in order to no support that idea.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I read it before FB deleted it.

You made a disingenuous statement. The article stated that they don't believe in the right of a state to exist in general but rather care about individual human rights. Their statement appiled to all states and not Israel specifically.

16. StupidMoniker

That was their justification, yes. The justification for their rebuttal of the "myth" that Israel has a right to exist. Not at all disingenuous. The position of the article was that Israel has no right to exist as a state. That was one of many problems with it. If you want to repost the article and stand behind it, I am happy to debate it, but otherwise I am fine with the article being removed and not used as a point of discussion.

17. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Trump is right. Lets give him credit for stepping outside of the Republican mantra of super pro-Israel and give the man some credit
    for speaking out against settlements in occupied territory by Israel.

This is an area I disagree with Republicans as I don't like stoking the fire of a billion people with our unwavering against the
    world support of Israel's aggressive land grabbing and re-settling of people off their land.
    Pretty crappy behavior by Israel and we need to focus on the US... America First, so Israel really hurts our global reputation
    at times with our support and their irreverence.

Exiled likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

They made a general statement of all states not having an inherited right to exist. From their phrasing it definitely seemed like they were referring to stares in general and stated that I individual rights are what is important.

I wish the article was still posted so I can quote it.

#38 fchowd0311, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Exiled likes this.
  19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The Israelis will have peace - through secure borders, check points, and a vigilant attitude. The Palestinians will however not have peace - due to a backwards ideology peddled onto them by their "Arab League" neighbors.

20. fchowd0311

I think their rampant poverty with no industry and no freedom of movement is also a factor.