1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump accomplishments

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 23, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Trump and his supporters complain that the media doesn't cover his accomplishments and instead distracts and detracts by focusing on Russia. So here is a topic on accomplishments. While the list isn't big so far to be fair, its only been five months and the topic will continue...

Starting with his latest tweet from this AM:

NPR covered his accomplishments today:

Despite Claims To Contrary, Trump Has Signed No Major Laws 5 Months In
    http://www.npr.org/2017/06/23/53384...ry-trump-has-signed-no-major-laws-5-months-in

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

Yuge accomplishments.

3. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

The biggest, and longest lasting, accomplishment has been completing the plan hatched my McConnell to fill Scalia's seat with Gorsuch (rather than any Obama nominee)

edwardc likes this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The first 15 items look to be where Republicans took the opportunity of the 60 day window to review and potentially reject regulations written by federal agencies. There were many more available to be so rejected, but in many cases they chose not to do it because the law says the agency can never write a similar regulation. With a lot of these regulations being written to satisfy court or legislative orders, it'd have been hard to saddle an agency with that handicap. Still, 15 agency orders killed, so I guess that's something.

I count another 9 bills that do things so mundane you can't really call them accomplishments. Things like renaming a VA clinic or appointing a citizen regent to the Smithsonian.

The other ones I would have to read to know what's up with. They certainly didn't generate a lot of news.

5. conquistador#11

He completely showed those Vladimir L apologists and powerhouses in latin america who is Boss!!!!!
    (mean while he high fives vladimir P)

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He's been the anti Obama.

I heard he formed a crack task force to compile a list of Obama handicap and has been DESTROYING them at Mar a Lago and other fine foreign destinations.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Actually, here is one recent Trump proposal that has been a law for 20 years... so, place this in the accomplishment column...

Trump proposes a law that's existed for 20 years
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ses-immigration-law-already-exists/420014001/

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Y'all are tough.

Not starting a war is an accomplishment.

Giving hope, even temporary, is an accomplishment.

Saying "Islamic terrorist" is a huge accomplishment. See, no more ..., well, it's big.

Getting out of Paris Accord is an accomplishment. Big win for oil, gas, coal. Bright future.

and so much more... bright bright education system, almost there with taking away health care from 20 millions to save $1Trillion+ for well off...

and the greatest of all... revenue is flying at some resorts and hotels.

Man likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the bias against trump is sickening.

he has accomplished much much more.

1. Tweeted more than any other president in history
    2. Taken more time off so far than Obama did in his first term
    3. Made more money for himself and his family on gov't deals and using the office than any other president in history
    4. Managed to unite 2/3 of the country against him.
    5. Has substantially weakened nato and given rusia an in to many european countries
    6. Has given China the global lead in the future of energy
    7. Completely demoralized the intelligence agencies and lowered the security of the usa as allies don't trust us with intel as much

What he has done so far has been historic - just like he said it would be.

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How's the wall construction going?

Man likes this.
  11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Big big accomplishment

12. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Still waiting for my tax cuts. Mother****er better deliver.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*shrug* I just paid 1.95$ for gas . . . .
    I will give him that. . he has not raised gas yet!!

Rocket River

14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

What has he done against education? I'm a teacher so i hated his choice for Ed Sec but they haven't done anything bad yet. It's actually usually democrats who try to hurt education (in reality).

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I'd like to see a Gallup poll ask people if they believe Mexico will indeed pay for the wall.

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Trump was the first President to submit the paperwork for his reelection campaign on the day of his inauguration.

And I do have to say it's quite an accomplishment for him to keep as many sucker supporters as he has when he obviously does not give one **** about his country. That's how depraved and sick people like RL are who follow him. They hold him accountable for zero. Laughable idol worship.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The Trump loves for profit schools that cheat their students, that's why he created one.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/business/student-loans-for-profit-schools-colleges.html

The Trump administration is formally reconsidering — and may dismantle — two new rules that were a cornerstone of the Obama administration’s crackdown on predatory for-profit colleges.

The announcement by the Education Department on Wednesday freezes changes that would speed up and expand a system for erasing the federal loan debt of student borrowers who were cheated by colleges that acted fraudulently. It also throws into limbo what is known as the gainful employmentmandate, which cuts off loans to colleges if their graduates do not earn enough money to pay off their student debt.

The move came just over two weeks before the new loan discharge rules were to take effect on July 1. The agency said it would form new rule-making committees to study both regulations and would hold off on implementing the discharge changes until the review was completed.

RocketWalta and edwardc like this.
  18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I guess I didn't specify, I teach high school so that's what I look at and am concerned about. I am obviously against charter schools and all that garbage so i'm hopeful it doesn't happen, but as of now he has not done anything bad against high school teachers/students. I live in Cali and the dems are trying to pass a law to up tenure from 2 years to 5, in an effort to increase teacher shortages and make the profession look less appealing to prevent people from becoming teachers. That kinda stuff makes me sad for my fellow teachers and our students.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, there are Russians who see Putin as a god, and there are Americans who see Trump as one too.

Just goes to show you - it's all about the cult of personality.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Also shows you that there are a lot of stupid people in the world.

DD