1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trading Harden is the answer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shocky2002, Jan 19, 2020.

1. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

There's no other way around it. The Rockets are better than the average playoff team, but not a real contender. They're an aging group, and have no ability to improve their roster (for this year AND the forthcoming years) Their ceiling will always beneath the class of the top teams (Lakers Clippers and Bucks this year, GSW next season. Rockets are never beating Draymond's free safety defense anyway.)

Either Harden stays a Rocket and never wins a title in his prime

or he goes to Philly (for Ben Simmons), to Milwaukee (for picks, Middleton), to Lakers if AD leaves. Or even GSW.

Trade Harden then unload RWB to wherever he wants to go (he's at the most of his trade value now, game has improved as of late)

And the Rockets rebuild.

#1 shocky2002, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    astros99, ilias, Kornel87 and 7 others like this.
  2. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

3. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

4. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

How silly of me to not realize trading generational talent is the answer.

BleedsRocketRed, jcf, Remlap and 27 others like this.
  5. Caprah

Caprah Member

Lin fans are getting desperate. I wonder which Lin trolls alternate Id this is?

6. Caprah

Caprah Member

How’s Jeremy Lin doing these days rocketschamp, ashleym, texasasianfan, hardensbeard, beardnAtion15 and whoever many other ids you use

7. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

I mean, I was working the trade machine for Russ, Capela, Gordon, Tucker etc. Then I just realized that there's no way for them to immediately improve their roster, they're no longer contenders anyway, on the way down, with NO long term solution. It's the best time to start over. And I can't stand seeing JH without a title.

8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

9. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

And you have to consider the fact that MDA is 100% gone by this year (so a new coach, new system that's unlikely to be better), and maybe Morey next year as well. I'd rather just accelerate to the end.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

okay so trade him for who/what?

jcf, fallenphoenix and Bshaud like this.
  11. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

go away

jcf, Lawlruschang, Slimfa and 4 others like this.
  12. lionaire

lionaire Member

13. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Unless Harden demands a trade midseason, we gotta ride this group out. I don’t necessarily believe this team is championship material but the team was in a worst position last season, yet they ended up going toe to toe with the Warriors by the time it was said and done....

Patience and Stephen_A like this.
  14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

For this owner it's not about winning a championship, but about making money. So if his most marketable star is traded (which may set off a trade demand from his other star), you have to at least be reasonable in getting back someone as marketable in return.

DeBeards likes this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

INB4 Harden traded for a crappy chain restaurant considering a bankruptcy filing.

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Trade Harden for Trae Young and some draft picks

17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

ZION!!! or bust...!!!!!!!

:D

18. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

Yeah, that's gonna be an issue. I just wanted Harden to go to a team that he can win with.

SF3isBack!! and peleincubus like this.
  19. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

Typical responses of fanboy peasants. Do this for a living, then get back to me.
    [​IMG]

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

dude do you realize trading means giving up? Teams don’t just trade away players who are once a generation talents and get something equal in value that never happens unless there’s no light at the end of the tunnel and the player is on the verge of free agency etc such as the case with AD. If the team doesn’t win this year it’s ok. Still have 2 superstars a center and couple bench guys. Just need to get players from free agency or smaller trades etc. but trading your superstar is not an option really especially a guy who puts up historic numbers. Stop the craziness please.

bj3175 likes this.