1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Toyota Center needs to be like this.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Oct 18, 2019.

1. rockets13champs

every Seat was full.

THIS IS WAS MSG TONIGHT. Loud as a playoff game! And the Yankees were playing in the ALCS! Crazy this was a PRESEASON game for a team who had not been in playoffs since 2013. Rockets are the most consistent team in Houston and have a huge lack of respect in town. In the last 35 years compare Houstons playoff appearances of the Astros, Rockets and Texans. I’m not saying any team should be greater than any other. But we need more support for the rockets. But we need to make less excuses for rockets games. We need people to be loud and proud and really show out to this WC this year. If we can get loud and Toyota center and be one of the nbas premier crowds, we can help our rockets win a lot more games!

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Dude, MSG is the best arena in the league, excitement-wise.

What you're saying is the same as, "My girlfriend needs to be like Kate Upton."

It's a nice little fantasy, but it'll never happen.

3. rockets13champs

U look at mmp, it’s packed why can’t TC be packed? We play 41 games. We need to make more bullet trains around town

4. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

season tickets holder?

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

i want to have a kate upton gf

MorningZippo likes this.
  6. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Artificial sound added by the production team.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  7. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Am I the only person that works Downtown and completely understands that overpriced lower bowl tix plus terrible traffic means poor attendance? It's the best location, but also the worst...If you want to be parked and seated before 7, you'd better be able to leave work early... With that said, I will always leave work early if I have tix. New York is literally people on top of each other everywhere you go. Completely different animal.

napalm06 likes this.
  8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

explain the warriors crowd then ? people in houston just aren't that die hard about the rockets.

HakeemOnlyFan and BasketMAD like this.
  9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Comparing Apples to Oranges. It's New York City and it's always bustling. The streets of Manhattan are always buzzing, it carries over into MSG. It's pretty unique in this regard, I'm not sure any other sports venue really has the location to replicate that regardless of which team is playing on that floor.

10. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Warriors have won several championships recently. We're a bigger city, but spread out further. LA and NYC have a bigger and more condensed population. I'm not making excuses... I'm telling you why man...

napalm06, RHU525 and MorningZippo like this.
  11. rockets13champs

Los Angeles traffic is 10x worse than Houston’s. And San Francisco has pretty bad traffic as well

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...s-suffering-the-worst-traffic-congestion/amp/
    Houston not even top 10 in traffic
    http://www.businessinsider.com/us-cities-with-most-traffic-2019-2019-2

Houston is number 13 in traffic. All the other cities also have much better HomeCourt which have worse traffic than Houston. It’s just the lack of respect for rockets man

12. rockets13champs

I have been to msg there is no artificial sound. People the arena is build in a way where sound echos off the roof really well

#12 rockets13champs, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Knicks despite horrible ownership and record

- Never changed their colors and logo
    - Never pandered to anyone else besides New York fans
    - Fans have not lost sense of true history
    - Madison Square Garden not named after a corporation
    - Ads don't need to be translated

14. rockets13champs

The arena before it was an Nba and NHL arena was a the major event boxing arena. Back when boxing was probably the primer US sport

15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

that only explains late arriving crowds, not the lack of interest or energy during games. they display a lot more energy for the texans.

its just not a basketball city i guess.

16. TilmanFinancialWindfall

put a mask on her and put on a pillow in her bra, and then your GF can be Kate upton

topfive, Dgn1 and daywalker02 like this.
  17. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Warriors fans are rich, so they don't even need to work or they have flexible working hours...plus they are more diehard about their teams.

Houston is a Texans and Astro city, and now Morey just pushed everyone to Astros and Texans. Who would have thought...Texans and Astros just 4 years ago.

18. rockets13champs

Crazy thing is we’ve been the most consistent team over the last 35 years. One incident isn’t enough to push someone to Texans and Astros tbh. I feel like in the 2010-2019 decade the rockets been close several times. I feel like the city was expecting a championship in 2018 and got a bad taste in their mouth from us losing in game 7, then back in 2015 going to WCF with a young harden then coming back and ******** in the bed. Astros seem to connect to the Hispanic and White community more that could also be a point. Rockets connect to Indian/ Asian/ and black community the most.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

TC has a garbage home atmosphere...Sixers preseason home games damn near sounding as loud as playoff games for the Rockets :rolleyes:

empty seats everywhere...depending on the game, u could be in the lower bowl and almost have an entire row to yourself

the “defense” chants at TC are always incredibly pathetic, it’s sad

TC being loud and raucous? That’s about as likely as Whitney Houston or Biggie being resurrected from the dead...

smh

CK Johnson likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thanks to our imagination.