1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center crowd reason for slow start in home games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dash, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Dash

Dash Member

Even Coach called the crowd out in post game interview, calling the crowd flat as one of a possible reasons for the slow start

Tbh im more confident that we're gonna win if it's an away game than home game right now. We have the best record in the league, the best offence of all time, and 2 hall or fame players in their prime, yet we can't get people to show up on time to games.

And don't blame on traffic and high ticket prices because there are other cities with worse traffic and higher ticket prices with worse teams yet their home games are more energetic and hype than ours.

What is it gonna take for people to show up to games? And I don't think lowering ticket prices is an option because that's the price for best team in the league with two hall of famers on it.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Make the games less boring by losing a few here and there.

It's on you Pringles

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Were you at the game or were you chilling at home complaining about how other people choose to spend their money?

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

houston fans just aren't die hards like tinman. there is only 1 tinman, and i think he lives in austin? we need to breed more tinmans to rock the toybox.

Rox11, RasaqBoi and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'd like to complain about the crowd but I've only been to 2 games in 3 years so I'm SOL on my elitist fan schtick.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

7. Dash

Dash Member

I'm a broke college student but i still make sure a save up some money to attend some games. I'm sure the millions of people who are considered wealthy in this city don't have same limitations that I do

8. TheBrownDude

TheBrownDude Member

I speak for all my 8-5 peeps(specificly energy corridor) that don't want to drive in the traffic and would rather go home after a long day, sit on the couch with some dinner, and watch the game. We are one of the laziest cities in the country aren't we?

IvanLCPM, RasaqBoi and Haymitch like this.
  9. Dash

Dash Member

Also if money is the only reason why the attendance is low than we don't deserve a championship caliber team. There are other cities who will pay much more money to see this team play

10. Daddy Long Legs

all you can control is yourself. If you can't afford to go then so be it.

We can't spend other peoples money

PhilCollins and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Those ceo oil guys are pretty loud at Treasures.....but why not at the game?

Conspiracy.

Jontro likes this.
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This dude, this brown dude, he knows. He knows.

13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

1. Toyota Center crowd
    2. Toyota Center back ground seats. Did the blackout help the shooting vs Spurs?
    3. Opposing team lacking key players
    4. Coach started Ryan Anderson
    5. Coach started Capela instead of Nene
    6. Cheerleaders left scuff marks on the court during pre game practice
    7. Clutch slobbered all over the Rockets offensive end after Foreman sent him napping (knockout)
    8. Harden took CP3 to the strip club last night
    9. The table for pre game snacks and fruit was set up late
    10. Blah, blah, blah

RasaqBoi likes this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He said this after tonight's game? Or are you just saying he said it once before?

15. Daddy Long Legs

exactly. That's always my point when people complain about toyota center attendance. The only thing they can do to make any change is to buy a ticket. Anything else really isn't productive at all.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

The Rockets have the best road record in the league where there’s even less people cheering for them. And they still play well. At home they come out half stepping expecting the game to go a certain way because they’re at home, then they realize they have to actually play hard and earn the win.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  17. Dash

Dash Member

After tonight's game

heypartner likes this.
  18. Dash

Dash Member

If this thread makes a few more people attend the games then my job is complete :)

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  19. Daddy Long Legs

I believe that this thread has no effect on who decides to go to games, like non.

People who have spare money and time will go when they want to. People who don't, will not go if they don't want to. I HEAVILY doubt this affected anybodys decision about when they go to games lol.

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

No, I blame the team for the slow start. They are so good that they know they can coast the first three quarters and then pour it on in the fourth.