1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tom Brady leaves New England

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by justtxyank, Mar 17, 2020.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Thought it was interesting to learn that on Tom Brady's final drive to beat the Rams, the coaches told him not to turn it over, but Bledsoe pulled him aside and said f' that, you need to sling it.

2. aznhowie20

aznhowie20 Member

No, Bill already did that.

tinman likes this.
  3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Montana's backup was completing 70% of his passes. Belichick kept Bernie Kosar from playing his whole career with his hometown team and replaced him with the most losing quarterback in league history, while saving him from the team he is now losing Brady to.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Bucs have a ton of weapons. Godwin, Evans, Gronk.

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I reeeeeeeaally want to see this season play out. Brady and Gronk trying to prove they can win without BB. I would love to see it.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Anxious to see how they address their rb position. Whether they trade for one like fournette or invest in the draft

mikol13 likes this.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

Think it makes it more interesting. But Tampa Bay already had a good TE. And I would have preferred to see Tom try to do it on his own merit. Not that we need to see it cause he already done that. But it would have given him more merit leaving the Belichek era. Having said that, Montana needed help in KC and never got it. So it's likely a wise move. G-Ronk will make the team have fun. Big plus. I'm watching.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Air Yordan likes this.
  12. Fantasma Negro

It's going to be a nightmare if they or K.C. get Fournette. But I think Tampa Bay keeps Howard, Gronk won't last a week

13. likestohypeguy

NFL fandom is slowly evolving into how NBA fans see their players. With more more player mobility, and an increase of player-fans vs. team fans, you have to be on a good enough team to win ofc, but it can't be too good, or winning doesn't count as much for legacy points. Then from there, it gets into disparaging the rest of your player's team, and lauding the greatness of the player's teammates who you don't like.

Not saying PSJ is all or any of the above, just used that odd statement as a jumping off point- because football is such a team game, so much more than basketball, that any superbowl winning team has won on their own merit, the team's merit, no one wins by themselves here.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Maybe but I don’t think so. OJ Howard has been in the doghouse the entire year and they have Cameron Brate still who they signed for 6 years. If they continue with a wait and see, maybe Howard will be on another very short leash.

15. Fantasma Negro

Forgot about Brate, damn things could get real interesting this weekend

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I guess it's Brady, not Belichick.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Give Belichick another good (not GOAT level) QB and see what happens...?

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I think the general understanding is that Belichick was always a defense guy. He never had much input on the offense beyond the hiring phase.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Brady is the Patriot way. When you quarterback has won as often as Brady has, players have no excuse but to follow his lead.

Belichik had one good season without Brady but the patriots still didn't make the playoffs.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Goat got a 2.5 mill boat