1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TO ALL D&D MEMBERS: Time to Tone It Down

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jeff, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lets get one thing straight...i was 't asking him to tone it down, i was asking him not too stoop to your low-life level because he is better than you

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL at the irony

3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I don't think I'm better than him. In general, I tend to be much more polite and respectful towards posters whom I disagree with. Yes, I have ugly moments, but they're usually pretty few and far between. I don't like to stereotype all conservatives as jerks, even if I disagree with them. I'd much rather respect them and argue on points- hard to do with some of them.

It's the wrong way to go about it- and it really was meant to be satirical- as in, "well, if you're going to not say one word condemning this politcian's awfully violent act, then maybe the best thing for you is to get hurt and see what it feels like." - You can't do that, though- b/c of course BigTexxx became very distraught and didn't realize the point. So, I'm reminded that you can't stoop to that level- just like you said.

I shall try my best to be kind. It it tough on this board at times.

giddyup likes this.
  4. dandorotik

Umm, yeah, you know all too well. But come on, in 10 years, I've been relatively sane on this board. And never done anything criminal or violent in my entire life. One fistfight in 49 years (when I was 12). The things people say on a board mean nothing.

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

....aaaand the mods deleted dandorotik's shameful post in the Montana thread.

victory: bigtexxx.

RocketsLegend likes this.
  6. dandorotik

Oh, dear. I'm still dominating your thoughts. Very sad. And I'm glad they deleted it.

But there's one thing they can't delete- the message in your head. You'll never forget it. Every time you excuse a horrific act in the name of politics, you'll remember that post. You will never change your thinking, of course- but it will always be there lingering in your long-term memory to remind you. You are welcome.

BTW, here's what victory feels like. Knowing that the conservatives on this board hardly ever have to call me out for being a jerk, and knowing that you are called out on almost a daily basis by numerous people for being a turd. To borrow your juvenile phrase: BWAHAHAHA!

7. dandorotik

And you are wrong again. Oh, my, this has truly got to be embarrassing for you. I deleted that portion of the post- the moderators had nothing to do with it. I did that not out of respect to you- because you deserve none - but because posters who I respect asked me to.

So, this means that you actually went back to read that post from a few days ago, once which I haven't looked at since then, to see if it was still up? Wow. I thought I was kidding about dominating your thoughts, but I guess I really do if you had to go back and read that. Listen, BigTexxx, I am very sorry I scarred you emotionally over that, but it's best for you that you move on and not let this continue to bother you.

8. bigtexxx

...after you said you wouldn't delete or modify it? Unlikely.

Take some time away from the board to gather yourself - you've been humiliated.

9. dandorotik

OK, rather than conjecture, here's proof that you can't get over this. That thread is on page 2. My post in that Page 2 thread was on page 3 of a 6-page thread. So, that means you went back beyond the first page's worth of threads to find a thread, and you actually went back to page 3 of that same thread??? Thought domination.

And thoroughly embarrassing. It's called MOVING ON. But, I get it, some people can't. Wow. Really, try to stick to today's news and not get all snowflaked out over words.

BTW, why would moderators delete partial content in a post? They would delete the entire post. Half of my post is still up. I mean, failure and embarrassment for you. Sad.

But I'll leave you alone. I don't want to upset you further. You should really learn how to let things go. There are plenty of great threads on page 1 to occupy your time.

10. bigtexxx

Quite defensive, aren't we, Lubbock?

Lots of words to try to plead your case. An obvious indication that you are struggling desperately.

11. dandorotik

When you have a fairly broad lexicon, you have a lot of words to pull from.

Short Version: BigTexxx researches Page 2 thread from days ago, digs deep to find post in the middle of said thread, and then makes an incorrect assessment of said post. Translation: Snowflake-driven failure.

(to the rest of you, I apologize- this back-and-forth silliness is unbecoming of this board- I'm through toying with him and I'll leave now so he can get his last desperate words in).

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Bigotexx on vacation in Greece arguing on the internets about who is trolling who. Sad!

Victory: CometsWin

B-Bob likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure that this thread is meant to be yet another back and forth "debate and discussion" marathon. Give Jeff some respect, people. That wasn't his intention here.

B-Bob and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

That's because the ratio of left to right on this board is slanted way left.

Plus, speaking for myself, calling you out for manic episode posting sprees seems pointless. You constantly post hate filled strings of garbage, often quoting the exact same post several times or just posting the same picture 5 times in a row. It's hard to reason with crazy people so conservative likely don't bother trying.

15. dandorotik

I apologize for some of those - but you are also exaggerating, and you know it.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Texxx imploding even when he's trying to troll. Daily entertainment

17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Says the biggest moron on the board. LMAO

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

TO ALL D&D MEMBERS: Time to Tone It Down

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just saw something on CNN that I thought was accurate. It mentioned that I thought was accurate. Somebody said that social media rather than help us connect with each better has caused us to have a greater disconnect. It is a situation of conservatives in red states pretty much only talking to other conservatives in red states, and liberals in blue states talking to each other.

Both sides just end up churning in their own propaganda bile dehumanizing folks on the other side. I didn't know where else to discuss it, so I thought a thread about toning it down, was about as close as we could get.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.