1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TNT: Kevin McHale reacts to comments from James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Oct 13, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Harden has clear flaws, but McHale knows nothing about leadership. He failed in Minnesota and failed in Houston. He was a lazy coach who stole the Rockets' money. If it weren't for Bird, we'd just remember him as a decent all-star forward. He's also a boring analyst.

kjayp likes this.
  3. rocketseagles07

This is saying a lot, but you're the dumbest poster I think I've ever met on a forum

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Has Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan ever don that?

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

It would have helped Harden's case had his teammates come immediately out and refuted McHale. I don't know if the fact that they didn't means anything or not. Nevertheless, the whole thing is childish and embarrassing, and I kind of feel sorry for Harden having to defend himself on the whole leadership thing.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

no

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL, that is a statement!

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am in introvert. That is my personality. And Harden has that same personality. So it burns me when people equate LOUD YELLING as leadership. Very caveman mentality. Leadership comes in many forms. McHale should have been MORE SPECIFIC in his comments and not tossed Harden aside as a "leader" because he isn't a YELLER and CONFRONTATIONAL.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

McHale is right. There's only one way for Harden to become a leader, it's for him to kneel down during the anthem.

hakeem94, Will and don grahamleone like this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Maybe if McHale were capable of doing that he would have been a better leader:)

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

McHale's criticism is spot on. Debate whether it was "classy" or whatever for him to say it out loud, but that doesn't change the truth of it.

kjayp likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Pot meet kettle situation.

I'm not going to argue that Harden's some fantastic leader of men, but let's be honest...McHale does not remain the coach of the Rockets for nearly as long as he was without Harden carrying those teams offensively. McHale hardly "lead" anybody on the Rockets, so while, yes, what he said may be true to a degree, he's certainly not the one who should be making those remarks.

onreego likes this.
  15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I think you mean "non"

don grahamleone and DonKnock like this.
  16. don grahamleone

Fixed that for you.

Deuce and Patience like this.
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it's not the simple fact that he keeps saying it out loud, but that he very clearly mocked harden and relished in it, inviting barkley to join along with him while he claimed that his locker room used to clown harden when he tried playing the leadership role. it's mainly how this fukhead did it this time. he's bagged on harden several times over the past year, but to publicly claim that harden's teammates didn't respect him and laugh and chuckle while doing it -- how can you not see this is just wrong??

Obito, Deuce, J Sizzle and 2 others like this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Curry shrinks under pressure too. He likes running up the score and use show boat b**** tactics when they're in the lead, but when the heat is up, he doesn't command the game like McHale or his supporters are wanting Harden to do . He jaws a lot less under pressure, but he's such a "gracious cheerleader" when a teammate like Durant or donkey saves the day.

He's considered a "good enough" defender when klay,iggy or donkey gets the harder assignments to his position. It's always cute when the d switch makes him guard LeBron and you give curry gold stars for his effort. Or is that a tech because he didn't get rewarded for trying....

Harden is in the spotlight because he is expected do more with His team. Unfair standards until he wins a ship. That's life.

The Paul addition will help James with trust issues. I still think because he's a genius who knows the flow and rhythm of games, the pressure and the adjustments other teams make breaks that vision down.

He passes less because his teammates wilt or have a tougher shot. His drives aren't rewarded fouls while teams are taking more risks fouling. Whatever flow he built before and the regular season gets out of whack.

He needs someone with the same genius to help him find a different way, give him some open shots and regain confidence.

#98 Invisible Fan, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    pippendagimp likes this.
  19. don grahamleone

It's like he's shouting to the NBA that he never wants to work in the league again. I would like to see a poll of NBA presidents on whether or not they'd hire Kevin McHale and what level job would they employ him in. Like head of scouting in India?

pippendagimp likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

How can she clap? HOW CAN SHE CLAP??!!