1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TNT: Kevin McHale reacts to comments from James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Oct 13, 2017.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This is the most obvious statement ever. Harden is a top 5 player no doubt but he is not a Leader. He doesn't have the personality for it. That's ok. But it's important to acknowledge so we can address it.

Rocketeer4Life, csj and kjayp like this.
  2. s3ts

s3ts Member

omfg, he can't keep that pie-hole shut. it's hard as f to sit and listen to this bumbling ass.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

circle jerk self affirmation segment. and btw, how the F do 2 of the absolute worst guys in both coaching and upper management the past 2 decades get this regular talk time on TV?

4. hakeemthagreat

At first i thought Mchale was being petty & vindictive. But after hearing him his critique is very on point. When he began talking all i could think about is game 6 vs the Clippers when James got benched the 4th qtr. It seemed James had already quit much like the Spurs series. Harden's lack of competitiveness holds him back from being a true leader

5. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

If Harden didnt play hard under him, that means McHale's Clap Clap Play Harder strategy didnt work. And thats what he is only good for.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You know what I am saying Isiah...you know what I am saying....We were helluva basketball players but boy did we stink it up as executives and coaches.

PS. He addressed Harden as "the kid..." lol....

Stormy1234 and s3ts like this.
  7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Ow definitely Harden quit that game! Our glorious 3-1 comeback would never happen under the leadership of Harden.

8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

The entire time Isiah was just trying to get McHale to shut up. He acted like he was trying to add on to the convo, but he and Grant were probably thinking "oh ****... We're never invited on this show and when we are you sit here and talk ****" so Thomas had to clean up his vomit.

It wouldve been best for both parties if they left it where Harden left it. People already forgot about it until McHale started blabbing about it. The more he talked, the more damage he created. I kept screaming at the TV for him to shut up or his career is over.... Guess I didnt yell loud enough for him to hear

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

All I want to hear from this jackass is, "Thanks for the $12 mil paid vacation." Ungrateful scrub coach.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I wished there's a way to see an alternate universe where Harden stayed in OKC so I can see McHale teaches his superstars Chandler Parsons, Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik about leadership. That trio definitely had a high ceiling...through da roof levels. Surely he could have coached that team to WCF at least once

Stormy1234 likes this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, they're just ganging up on Harden, now. Absolutely no reason to allow McHale to repeat himself for the 3rd time...there was nothing new, except Isiah helping him. yes, this is the 3rd time McHale made these identical remarks.

Let's have a round table retort with Larry Bird siding with Harden and saying, "Yeah, James is right, McHale's a clown and he never taught me anything, either, so it figures someone like Isiah, who I fired, has to speak for him."

Patience, Nook and DonKnock like this.
  12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Someone should constructively critize Kevin milk hair for his big bird walking, no play callin, clap hard lookin ass

BasketballMind likes this.
  13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Kevin McHale told no lies. As much as homer Rockets fans want to disagree, McHale is absolutely correct. He even brought up the Spurs game where Harden was frozen. :eek: @vlaurelio does NOT want to hear it!!

Hopefully CP3 can teach Harden how to have heart.

Rocketeer4Life likes this.
  14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

McHale was worthless as a coach... just worthless...

Obviously he has no sense of proper decorum in airing some of this locker room stuff on national tv....

but let's not act like there's not validity to what he's sayin...

even a broken clock is right twice a day...

and sometimes you gotta know when to trust the junkie... lol

pippendagimp and SWTsig like this.
  15. likestohypeguy

I don't understand, what's the problem, why are we so mad at mchale? Even if it's not true, is it just a matter of a coach is not allowed to critique his former player?

Either way I like it right or wrong. if he is wrong, and he wins mvp and championship, what does what he have to say matter? If he flames out again, maybe he's right. Either way no big deal, I think he's acknowledging he's a phenomenal player. No one can have faults, ever, or you're the enemy

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Is it just me, or did McHale also say Curry is not a leader, that "Draymond Green does a great job. When you need a spark, he's out there jawing with somebody." No mention of Stephanie or Cupcake.

Deuce, Nook, BigMaloe and 1 other person like this.
  17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it is about heart. It honestly looks more like a psychological melt down. I see it alot in kitchens... some perform really well under pressure and some people just completely shut down. They are rock stars when it is a steady pace but when the pressure is on they mentally freeze like a deer in headlights and it is like their first day on the job.

Richie_Rich, pippendagimp and kjayp like this.
  18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

the problem is we got too many guys trying to white knight harden on this board...

It's like some people just cant admit that the guy is human and has flaws...

Harden is a great player, but... and some people just lose their minds...

I dont get it... Is it a millennial thing?

You can post something like "Harden is a great player but he needs to work on reducing his turnovers..."
    and you get responses like "It's because of his usage rate - you obviously have a low bball IQ" or ""So you think Harden sucks - who do you want to trade him for? Who could have carried us to 55 wins last year, huh?" and crap like that...

it's almost as bad as the dreaded LOF siege of years back... lol!

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

honestly, im a die hard harden fan and I super like harden and want to be on his side here but mchale didn't really do anything that bad.

after watching the interviews, he even seemed a little bit nervous and shaken that james called him a clown lmao. It is kevin mchale's job to give his honest opinion about every player in the nba.

i'm for rockets and harden, but I can't convince myself to hate mchale because of this situation lol

Os Trigonum and kjayp like this.
  20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

You must be talking about @vlaurelio. He is a Harden Only Fan.

kjayp and Daddy Long Legs like this.