1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TNT Halftime Show predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RHU525, Jan 6, 2006.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Did anyone watch the Halftime show of the Warriors and Pacers, where they predicted who would make the playoffs in the western conference.

They picked San Antonio, Clippers, Suns, Mavs, Wolves, Memphis, Golden State, and Either (Jazz, Nugs, Lakers)

Charles, Kenny, and Ernie didn't even mention Houston one time. That really pisses me off. With all the injuries we have gone through, when we get healthy we definately still have a chance to make it. Seems like TNT just jumps on and off bandwagons, because now we are a bad team according to Charles. They give excuses to denver having injuries, and the Jazz having injuries, but no team has had even close to the amount we have had. Rockets get no respect. Tmac and Yao have both missed significant time in which we went I guess after todays win 3-13, If they were both playing we would have definately won at least 6 more games which would put us easily in the playoffs right now. I think they will regret making those predictions, because the Rockets will make it this year.

With Rafer back and Stro starting to contribute I think we will fight back to .500 until Yao gets back and we start Rolling. Rockets 7th seed, WCF!

If u want to watch it you can go to NBA.com and click on the tnt halftime video.

2. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Its great you make this point because i watched it myself and was going to start a thread about it at some point...its really sad and a shame how misinformed these "professional" broadcasters are. not once in the broadcast did i hear "houston has had many injuries" or "houston has a chance to bounce back if their guys can just get healthy". the only guy with a bit of sense on their telecasts is Magic, and he wasnt on tonight.

3. jlwee

jlwee Member

No way Wolves and Warriors make it!!!1

4. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Its great you make this point because i watched it myself and was going to start a thread about it at some point...its really sad and a shame how misinformed these "professional" broadcasters are. not once in the broadcast did i hear "houston has had many injuries" or "houston has a chance to bounce back if their guys can just get healthy". the only guy with a bit of sense on their telecasts is Magic, and he wasnt on tonight. like i say its ok because once we get our guys back and we're kicking ass, they'll be kissing ours. the more we're underdogs the more credit we'll recieve when we succeed.

5. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Ya i was watching that and none of them even said the word Houston. Pissed me off.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

if the Wolves don't make it then who will? The Jazz?

Someone has to win that cruddy division.... and it's totally unfair that, even if they win it sub .500, they still go to the playoffs and knock out a better record (if that happens)

Rocks are locks!

7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

[​IMG]

PLAYOFFS?!?!?!

Are you guys seriously worried about whether people are picking us to make the playoffs?

Let's worry about getting back to .500 for crying out loud.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

The only way to make them notice us is to give them a reason to, we need to keep playing like we have been over the last two games.

Besides I never pay attn. to what the media say, I believe this team will be there at the end of the year.

9. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I was not upset that they didn't mention Houston. Until we start stringing together more wins, and show that we deserve to be (injuries or not), they won't throw us on that list. Not yet.

Can Houston make the playoffs? Sure, anything is possible. What isn't being said in that statement is that it will be anything but a cakewalk. The winning streaks we went on last year will be hard to replicate, but doesn't mean it can't be done. I'm not being a pessimist, just seeing what is in front of the team. With all that said, I believe they CAN do it. But I don't blame the TNT guys to believe they won't at this point in the season.

10. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

In all honesty, I dont think we deserve to be called a playoff team yet. Until we reach .500, then the playoff talk can be plausible, but until then we need to get healthy and pull of some major winning streaks in order for this team to be even considered.

11. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

here's the thing with rockets. when the media praises them, they lose every game they can possibly lose. or injuries. something. like the beginning of the year, espn was puttin us at top 2!. then we became bottom 2.

whenever they were about to write us off during that road trip, we came out 5-1!. now that they don't even mention us for playoffs, we are slowly winning games.

i hope the media ignores us so we can win games.

charles: teams with good records are not good teams
    kenny: so they are bad teams?
    charles: no they are not contenders
    kenny: so teams with bad record are bad teams?
    charles: yes.

12. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

In defense to Marv and Kerr, they put up a chart of all the injuries the Rockets players have had and are having and how many games they've missed.

Personally, I don't give a $hit about what they say b/c in the end they will be sucking up to Houston once the Rox make the playoffs. As long as we know the team is better than the record (because of injuries), that's all that matters. We all saw how good this team can be when Yao and T-Mac are healthy together (Rox were 5-1 on that tough road trip and could easily have been 6-0...this was also without Alston and Jon B, and without Swift playing the way he has lately).

13. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

It pissed me off more when they said that we are not a good defensive team. They both pointed out that we slow the pace down, lowering the point totals, but neither of them mentioned that our fg% against is always among the league leaders.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Charles despises the Rockets and it shows everytime he talks about us.

15. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

As long as i can remember (im only 24) the rockets have always been a good defensive team. I think this year has been a year where we have had too many players playing out of position and having to do things they arent used too. Unfortunately that has effected our defense, especially our perimeter defense. Luckily even with those changes we are still in the top few teams.

16. hoopstar

hoopstar Member

Why is it that he despises us? I dont recall him going out on any bad terms with the organization?

I guess Kenny was kinda forced out of here when Sam was our up and coming pg, but I dont remember Charles being upset with the Rockets.

17. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Didn't Charles and Kenny play for the Rox at one time, you would think that 2 guys that collected paychecks from the Rox wouldn't hate on this team like these 2 do. Especially Charles, the dude is always trash talking the Rox.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think that's why he's hard on the Rockets. He doesn't want to look like he's boosting the Rockets because he used to play for us, so he overcompensates by being overly critical.

But, whichever; I never much liked him anyway.

19. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

More like we made him kiss a donkey's ass on national television.

20. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

i don't care what they think as long as we end up with the 6th seed.