1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to stop overrating our scrubs because of their apparent "hustle" facade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Feb 9, 2019.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Do not like to second guess but Morey should have signed Bruno to 10 day long before he was picked up by MEM.

He is exactly the type of 4/5 that fits Rockets system - long, 3 point range and prolific rim protector.

ApacheWarrior, Emtenndo and napalm06 like this.
  2. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

One of the worst threads off all time. What a baby.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Did I hurt your feelings?

4. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

No, I really meant that.

Peace!

hakeem94 and sirbaihu like this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

Clutchfans expected Rockets starting 5:

James Harden
    Steph Curry
    KD
    Cousins
    AD

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Well I mean its a great honour to bestow upon me. Any time you award someone a title of being an all-time great its gotta be significant.

But I really appreciate your insightful, evidence-based argument brought about with great visceral perspective.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Possibly but that would be boring.

My point was mainly centred on the notion that veterans who have been underperforming for extended periods of time should have their roles reduced.

8. hakeemthagreat

If you benched your better veterans everytime they have a bad stretch then you'd lose even more. No way you can cut guys like PJ's minutes. Maybe lesser role players but no the main contributors

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Tucker is not contributing anything...

Name another player on a contending team that contributes as little and is talentless like PJ is. And don't mention intangibles.. that's just an excuse for how terrible these players are playing whereby now their only calling card is their "hustle" and their "effort".

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

There's no need to extend myself. You just called Rivers and Tucker scrubs. You are either blind or just a moron.

11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I agree with the notion that we need more talent. I’ve said all along that with Lebron or PG13 this team would be unstoppable and unfortunate and frustrating at the same time they chose to go to less talented teams. But the main issue and I’m surprised no one has said this or at least from what I’ve seen here in clutch is that Gordon is playing out of position and this messes up the rotation. This is why we need House who’s been greatly undervalued. House hit timely 3s, grabbed boards, and dribble drove the lane when harden was in a jam, something that no rockets besides Paul and Gordon can do. This team only needs an above average 3 and D guy to go over the top and House is the best we’ve got for now since we cant get bigger names. This is the #1 issue period.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

This is simply not true. If he’s not “contributing anything” he wouldn’t be starting. If you watch games closely and please look at the game tape. Tucker is a tenacious defender getting key steals and stripping the ball away as a player drives to the basket. He’s can guard all positions even the 5 and does the little things required that championships team have. He’s a very important piece to the team that is why he wasn’t included in the butler deal. If we traded for butler there’d be a hole at the 4 and messes with the small ball lineups DA loves. Now there’s a case to be made that he’s not offensively good which is convincing. He’s quite limited in what he can do. Very inconsistent lately with the corner 3 and no dribble drive. If he can drive the ball and shoot then he’s a solid starter. I still say that Arizas departure and no Danuel house messes up the rotation and forces players to do more than usual (Gordon, Tucker) defending elite perimeter guys while lacking size.

IvanLCPM and tycoonchip like this.
  13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Regrettably, I have concluded that OP is a "scrub" at watching basketball and, ironically, or perhaps--no, this is the very crux--OP is overrating the scrub who is himself; hence his post about overrating scrubs, which is the very manifestation of the scrub overrating the scrub.

pauebtg and IvanLCPM like this.
  14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed! We really need height!

D-rock likes this.
  15. hakeemthagreat

Bro we lost a national televised game & ur emotional, I get it. But in reality PJ is our best defender & one of the best defenders in the NBA. We would not be the team we are this year or last year without PJ. The things he brings dont show on the boxscores so im sure you'd never notice them

16. BigBum

BigBum Member

If you are right, this is not a championship roster. What change is needed?

Paul, Gordon, Tucker and Green are declining on defense.

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Wow I just can't believe you came to the defense of the worst 2 players in the rotation as if they have been wronged.

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Cluchfans only expected Rockets have a ****ing rebounder instead of 5 midgets.

jerryclark likes this.
  19. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

ITT: People who actually think PJ contributes. Yeah PG13 going off for 45 is contributing.

20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

When we are up by 20 pts.... we really don't need to keep jacking threes....we need to take higher probability shots....Cp3 midrange should be our go to.....

hakeem94 likes this.