1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tiger Woods hit with lawsuit after employee dies in car crash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, May 14, 2019.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/05/13/us/tiger-woods-wrongful-death-lawsuit/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

Maybe the parents should be sued for letting their son drive drunk instead. Unbelievable. Makes me sick that the family is going to profit from thier son’s driving drunk

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Unfortunately it's the law to make the bar responsible for other people's behavior. It's puts them in a lose-lose situation. In this case it was a huge loss for all parties involved. Sucks but it's the law and now he is liable.

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

It’s the world we live in, nobody is responsible for their own actions.

ipaman likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Dram Shop Laws have been on the books for decades.

Nook likes this.
  6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Bars do hold a responsibility to the community to help keep their customers from driving drunk. This guy was ridiculously intoxicated.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    The Gold Medal was just awarded in the Victim Olympics for 2019. This is how liberals think -- when they end up with a bad outcome it's never their fault. It's always the fault of rich people, institutional racism, or Russians. Dude literally gets wasted and then operates a motor vehicle, endangering the entire community, and then his family wants money from someone else? Give me a break. To improve their lives, liberals must learn personal accountability!

GOOD DAY

8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

"I may be wrong. I mean I may stand before you in six months and say, 'Hey I was wrong.' I don't know that I'll ever admit that, but I'll find some kind of an excuse."

Buck Turgidson and justtxyank like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Deckard, Nook, justtxyank and 2 others like this.
  10. Major

Major Member

Except the lawsuit is an example of the bar being held responsible for it's own actions, if it did anything wrong (if not, the lawsuit will fail). The guy would be held responsible as well with a criminal indictment, except that he's dead.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's the right wing crudo: Blame the liberals and minorities for every problem but never point the finger back at us.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Because he was forced to get intoxicated. Again always somebody elses fault, the Liberal battle cry.

cml750 likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unlike you, I don't judge until I know the facts. Whether it was solely his fault, the bars fault for serving an obviously intoxicated customer, or both of their faults remains to be seen. It's unfortunate that instead of looking for facts, you look to blame liberals for this.

Once again you show everyone how little moral substance you possess. It might be worthwhile going to your pastor or preacher and confessing what you do on here and asking your god for forgiveness for your arrogance and hate - and maybe look inside yourself to become a better human being.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

He wasn't a customer. He was a bartender there...and a known alcoholic that was recruited and hired by Woods' girlfriend who manages the restaurant. A .256 is freakin druuuuunk. The law places some responsibility on the establishment to cut people off.

This isn't a liberal/conservative thing and those making it out to be are just childish morons. This is a family that lost their son. Of course the kid bares some responsibility in this...a price he's clearly paid with his life. However ,if the facts bare this out, if the bar was overserving someone who they knew to be in AA and let him drive off, they share some responsibility, too.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This personal responsibility complaint is bunk. Sure, he has responsibility and his punishment apparently is death. But the restaurant has a liquor license from the state and it comes with strings attached. One of those strings is a responsibility to not overserve.

EDIT: If you're wondering why a drink at the bar costs 400% what it would cost you at home or why you have to pay a corking fee for the luxury of someone else pouring the glass -- this is why. You're paying for the liability of people occasionally dying in alochol-related accidents.

Deckard, vlaurelio, pgabriel and 3 others like this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If you over serve you deserve consequences. That’s what bartenders and all servers have to pass their certification to serve alcohol.

I have zero issue with holding them accountable.

pgabriel likes this.
  17. HTM

HTM Member

I assumed it was because the owner/investors were looking to make money. Same reason a beer at the Toyota center is marked up 400%.

18. HTM

HTM Member

It upsets me when someone is over served and goes out and kills someone else. I am less upset by this scenario. *shrugs*

jcf likes this.
  19. Major

Major Member

Amusing statement from someone who always blames others (liberals) for everything. Ignorance of the law does seem to be a general conservative battle cry though.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The family has announced that any money received from this lawsuit will be donated to building the wall and the MAGA for America fund.