1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

They're not going to fire BO'B

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 13, 2020.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

wait how is cal a better owner thrn tillman lol.

juanm34 likes this.
  2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

n stop being dumb fans. u can get all the best oc...gms dc if ur head coach is bad u not gonna win.

ur head coach goes for it on 4th n 4 but not 4th n 1 in scoring range.

ur head coach is the one that suppose to give a top down directive.."we up 4 scores. catch the kick off n just fall down. no need to make any plays. just play safe"

im in the cal is the worst n should sale the team. cause he the one keeping obrien. buck stops there.

RayRay10 and gfab-babyboi like this.
  3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Cals bout to show the world he’s on The Tilmans level..... or not....

4. Nook

Nook Member

I cannot seen Bill O'Brien being fired either. That just isn't how the Texans operate.

The fact that those are the two best seasons in franchise history is really, really sad.

They will replace Crennel with whoever O'Brien wants. If they get a GM, it will be a figure head while O'Brien runs the franchise. The Texans are not going to punish O'Brien, he will be rewarded if anything. He has total control.

They "can" do a lot of things but will not.

They will spend their cap space resigning some of their free agents (they cannot keep them all). They will get limited help from the draft the next few seasons and just hope they can get unexpected growth from their young players, have an exceptional draft in the middle rounds or hope they find a way to eke into a Conference Championship game before being pounded.

DeShaun Watson will become a veteran, Watt will become less relevant......... and at some point Johnson, Hopkins, Watt, Watson and Foster will sit around drinking beers discussing how their primes were wasted by mediocre ownership.

5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

this the way i look at it. cal has all the advantages. football city....blind fans all the money n support...n what has he did with that.

i think tillman a bad owner(so far) but come on now rockets fans dont show up. all time greqt team to go against.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Nope.

Nick Caserio will only be here if O'Brien wants him here.

There is a good chance they just role with O'Brien and his right hand "yes man" weirdo Easterby.

RayRay10, Mr. Clutch and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Football city officially returns 2-8-2020
    [​IMG]

#FireObrien

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Hopefully Watson and Hopkins and maybe Watt will be wearing their Super Bowl ring when they do sit around with the other former Texans drinking beers and reminiscing.

And also let’s not be so doom and gloom because most if not all those players have made or will make over 100 million in their football career. So while they can sit around drinking beers and bashing the mediocre ownership and team they played for they can also add the fact that the team have paid all them very very well in their career as well just saying.

But I get your point tho.

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Are they going to allow tackles off the top rope?

10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

no holds barred my friend........:eek:

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It became clear when they gave BOB total control this offseason that they weren't going to fire him until BOB had run this team into a ditch.

It's the sunk cost phenomenon. We're already in it this deep might as well go all in. Pretty much the opposite of smart business decision making, but then again nobody has Cal McNair confused with any modern savvy entrepreneur.

There's a chance that with the right DC/OC hire, this whole thing could turn around, but as many others have stated, at that point what the hell is BOB even doing in the building? Even with talented coordinators in place, BOB is still a trash tier gameday coach and not proving to be a competent GM.

The great fear is that by the time the Texans actually smell the coffee and send BOB packing he will have done such long-lasting damage to the key players, roster depth, and balance sheets of this franchise that it will take 1-2 more coaching cycles to fill in all the holes.

RayRay10 and Mr. Clutch like this.
  12. conquistador#11

Dude is basically Rasputin in track pants. At least Rick Smith had an extra slim fit suit.

juanm34, Mr. Clutch and SamFisher like this.
  13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I honestly believe the Texans FO is sitting back right now and saying to themselves that they can just stay quiet while all of the attention is on the Astros...hoping no one will notice that they're doing nothing but sticking with BOB as HC/GM.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Or just sitting back saying, "he's our coach regardless if the fans like it or not"

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Or both.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I remember being told that I should be excited about this move at the beginning of this season. LOL.

Mr. Clutch, arkoe, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I wasn't on-board canning BOB until he bypass the history of the Bills and Oilers playoff history when asked. His answer was so bland, so passive that I really don't care much for him anymore. If he knew the history of the game to the city, he wouldn't be so wreckless in his play-calling against the Chiefs. In the back of his mind, he knew he was coming back next year no matter the outcome of the Chiefs. And that is the problem, he coaches the game like there is tomorrow and have no worries, that is the problem. In my book, you should play the best as this is your last game. Know HTown, or go back to Pats Country and win 100 more Super Bowls, I could care less.

Blatz likes this.
  18. Texanstradamus

I’m starting to think this team is scared to fire O’Brien cause they are afraid this loser will go some where else and win it all like Kubiak even though Kubiak had an all time defense and a mediocre offense

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They're going to do exactly what they did with Kubiak when he should have been fired.

Extension time, baby.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They've already played that card with BoB.