1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I didn’t catch double or nothing. But I saw a few minutes of the commentary from the pre show. I thought the production was terrible, but imma let that slide. I’ll call that the preseason. I read some online comments that JR sucked during the first half but picked it up in the second half. That’s good to hear. So I’ll go ahead and assume that the production side picked up as well.

I thought it was kinda lame that Cody did the whole sledgehammer to the throne thing. Don’t have WWE be in your head. Do your own thing.

Dave2000 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  2. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Double or Nothing was fantastic. The pre-show looked like a minor disaster because of the commentary (much more because of Marvez than Excalibur), the poor editing, and the freakshow battle royale, but when the actual show started, it was like night and day. Every match was at least decent, and the whole show moved really well. There were no "bathroom break" matches like you always see with WWE shows. JR and Excalibur were a very good announcing team, and Marvez at least found a niche by occasionally piping up with timely trivia. All the big matches delivered, IMO, but I'll go with Cody vs. Dustin as match of the night.

As much as I liked All In, this was a definite improvement.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Didn’t expect Cody vs Dustin too steal the show but it did. Show was fantastic.

Omega vs Moxley is booked on the July PPV

Dave2000 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  4. VanityHalfBlack

Moxley will have a match with Juice Robinson at Dominion. New Japan 2nd biggest show of the year.

Mr.Pringles and Andy Sheets like this.
  5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Being the Elite’s new episode is awesome. Get lots of backstage Double or Nothing, Starrcast events, Mike Tyson marking out on “fat ass” MASA backstage, an interesting ending with Moxley and Joey Janela!

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

So aew have their show Saturday. I’m looking forward to Raw finally stepping it up. And boy did Raw ever not step up. 45 minutes of talking and Brock lesnar doing some kind of stupid Shane McMahon shuffle. And now their milking the money in the boom box or whatever they’re calling it.

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Thank god I didn't watch Raw live, terrible way to follow up after Double or Nothing

I enjoyed Double or Nothing, great matches, the tag match will probably a top 5 MOTY candidate, and marking out for Ambrose/Moxley's appearance was awesome

8. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Literally the only entertaining thing to come from RAW was Sami Zayn name dropping AEW on the air. I guess Sami/Rollins was probably good but whatevs, tuned out.

Lesnar **** is stupid. Two fake cash ins and him realizing he has a whole year too cash it in was stupid. Done watching RAW, save the Rollins/AJ matches for PPV’s

9. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

10. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

[QUOTE="Mr.Pringles, post: 12440813, member: 61355"

Moxley vs Joey Janela at AEW’s Fyter Fest on 6-29

Can’t wait to see this brawl[/QUOTE]

11. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

12. VanityHalfBlack

damn Moxley went in on that interview.

13. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I'm glad Moxley was able to get out before his love for wrestling was completely smothered, like what happened to CM Punk.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  14. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Sasha Banks, The Good Brothers & The Revival aren’t far behind from reports. I’m sure with all the relationships that Jericho, Bucks, Cody, Dustin, Omega, etc have built lots of the main roster that has come up through NXT through the indies and the current NXT roster will have lucrative options

Andy Sheets likes this.
  15. SuraGotMadHops

I've always liked the TV title, it's defended every week, every match is a championship match, and it gives the undercard some meaning. This whole 24/7 parking lot fights and pins is too hokey.

body slam likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It was a great interview for sure. It made me rethink to keep watching this **** show thinking that one day it will change. I could see the shittiness happening episode to episode and crappy story writing but I keep watching. This interview confirmed what I should of know a long time ago and that is that Vince is not going to change the product and is content putting out this shitty show week after week now.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

Way to hokey if they would really listen to the WWEU they would know this is not going to work there are some many guys and ladies that can push the TV title to new heights.

18. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Lots of speculation a TV Title (like in the old WCW days) may end up in AEW. I’d like to see MJF with it, dude is on Jericho/Miz level at cutting heel promos and needs a spotlight too push him to a main eventer.

Andy Sheets likes this.
  19. buffalobills!!!

Maxwell Jacob Friedman, sir!

20. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

and newwwww IWGP US Champion