1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

2. VanityHalfBlack

Holy ****!!!! For those that follow New Japan and watched the G1 Special last night on Axs TV, Hiromu Takahashi broke his neck during his match with Dragon Lee. That strong style will do that to you.

body slam likes this.
  3. VanityHalfBlack

4. body slam

body slam Member

I only saw Kenny vs Cody and that was pretty good, but what happened after the match was better.

Even this weeks Impact was really good. Swann vs Fenix was great and the Sammy Pentagon stuff at the end of the match is awesome. LAX or the return of the original LAX stole the show.

5. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

The NJPW show last night was very good, definitely an improvement on the last show in the U.S.

I gasped at that Hiromu/Dragon Lee spot when it happened but figured Hiromu was okay since he was able to continue for a few more minutes and finish the match, although in retrospect the finish was kind of abrupt. Unfortunately, it looks like Dragon was the one responsible for the botch there. I'm pretty sure he was supposed to suplex Hiromu into a bridge but instead he tossed him on his neck. Really hope Hiromu can make a good recovery. Yoshi Tatsu broke his neck against AJ Styles and he was able to come back eventually.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's awful. I hate seeing stuff like that and it's why I'm glad WWE has nerfed so many moves.

7. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if New Japan starts to toned down some of the moves or ban them completely if more guys end up seriously hurt or even worst, Paralyzed.

8. Andy Sheets

Apparently JR may have gotten a broken rib from the table slamming into him after Jay White suplexed Juice into the rail (JR is in the corner falling out of his chair). Would certainly excuse a bit of his saltiness about the show if he was in pain for the rest of it.

9. SuraGotMadHops

Man I was irate at Bob Holly after what he did to Matt. Never liked him before that, hated him after that. Juiced up jerkoff.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

G1 was an amazing card, great matches top to bottom. Agree the aftermath of the Cody/Omega match was great.

The REAL OGBC are awesome, met both Tama and Tanga at 2 WrestleCircus shows, cool as hell to talk to and very appreciative towards fans.

11. Andy Sheets

NJPW and ROH just announced they're putting on a show in Madison Square Garden on April 6. That's like pissing on a neighbor's lawn while they're having a birthday cookout.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This is my birthday btw. So if CF wants to all throw in for plane and event tickets and a couple nights in a nice hotel as a bday gift for me, I'd be cool with that.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The racist ass hulk hogan is reinstated.

Brother.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Extreme Rules wasn't great

15. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Yeah supposedly when Lesnar broke Holly’s neck it was a message from the whole locker room

16. VanityHalfBlack

I think the product is gonna continue to be stale until Vince leaves and focuses on XFL and triple H takes over.

17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I enjoyed Extreme Rules, hate that KO is basically becoming the Mick Foley role taking crazy bumps last 2 PPVs.

Pissed off about last night's Triple Threats, if they end result was Roman/Bobby for the #1 contender, why not make their Extreme Rules match a #1 contender match???? smh

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, triple threat was pointless last night. You knew the result as well, so it just made it really pointless. My guess is that Roman will beat Bobby in the next match. I guess they didn't give want to piss off the Extreme Rules crowd by having Roman win.

Dave2000 likes this.
  19. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Tomasso Ciampa is the new NXT Champion.

NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn
    ============
    NXT Championship Triple-Threat
    (c) Tomasso Ciampa vs Aleister Black vs Johnny Gargano

NXT Women’s Championship
    (c) Shayna Bayzler vs Kairi Sane

NXT North American Championship
    (c) Adam Cole vs Ricochet

NXT Tag-Team Championship
    (c) Undisputed Era vs Moustache Mountain

EC3 vs The Velveteen Dream

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Lot of wrestling deaths today.

Brickbouse Brown, Nikolai Volkoff, and Brian Christopher.

Too Sexy died from suicide.