1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Top Three WM matches

AJ/Nak - Another classic on the biggest stage. The heel turn!
    Charlotte/Asuka - Every bit as good as i hoped. Loved that they did the suplex off the table thing that Gargano/Ciampa did. Surprised by the outcome.
    IC Title Triple Threat

Lesnar/Reigns was great and if it didnt reach the point of all i could stomach it would be in there. I havent seen anyone bleed like Reigns in a WWE match in years. I really dig the 10 yr old kid winning the tag titles with Braun and the happiness on his face made me happy. Perfect segway between the showstealing match and the most brutal match on the show.

I think Andrade, Ember Moon and Authors of Pain are coming up.

Top five of the weekend:
    Gargano/Ciampa
    NXT Ladder Match
    AJ/Nak
    Aleister/Andrade
    Tie: Charlotte/Asuka and the NXT Tag Team Match

2. buffalobills!!!

3. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I hope Dave2000 hung around for it.

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Nope, it was a ref's son

Yup made it out, enjoyed it. Surprised by Ember Moon's call up, loved the returns and re-debuts. Samoa Joe's promo on Roman was outstanding

5. VanityHalfBlack

What's with all the has been call-ups? Lashley??? Then they made a TNA joke so now he's already buried,hahahha! They couldn't sign Matt Riddle? The guy that had like 9 matches over mania weekend? That's the guy that should take the title off of Lesnar. Remember Shelton Benjamin? What's he doing?

6. VanityHalfBlack

You thought AJ/Nak was good? Compared to their match at WK that was a smackdown tv match, lol. Heel turn was stupid. You had the one guy in Reigns to turn heel and of all people you pick Nakamura? LMAO.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like I got a lot of this right. Braun and the kid relinquished the titles and Matt and Bray got into the tag title mix.....but maybe I was early on the Braun push.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  8. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I thought AJ/Nakamura was okay but it felt like they were working a Japanese-style match only to leave off the last third of it, so you had all the gradual build up but instead of going to the flurries of big moves and fighting spirit stuff that would put the match over the top, they just cut to a standard "finisher outta nowhere!" WWE sequence. I did enjoy the heel turn, though (apparently a lot of Nakamura's old NJPW buddies were in the audience cracking up about it, too).

9. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Shut up. I’ll enjoy what I want too enjoy without all your smarkiness. I never said it was better than there WK match, it was still outstanding and perfect from start to finish and the heel turn was the best since Rollins turned on the shield. Obviously they still have another match or two (if he wins) left in their program and they are saving stuff for later. Everything still flowed perfectly and I love the counter into the Styles Clash. Still the best match from WM34

Dave2000 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  10. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Haven’t followed anything Lashley’s done in about 5+ years but he’s noticeably much better than in his first WWE run.

Jeff Hardy, Samoa Joe, The Revival returning with the additions of Ember Moon and Authors of Pain really stack the RAW roster.

I don’t know how SD tops it but it probably starts with Almas

I also think it would be really great if Kevin and Sami earn back a roster spot as a Tag Team in NXT atleast for the summer TakeOver

11. buffalobills!!!

No Almas

Iconic Duo are fine AF

Dave2000 likes this.
  12. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

FIFY. Billie Kay looks plastic.

13. buffalobills!!!

Peyton vs Tenille Dashwood in the battle of Queen Aussie

14. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

NXT is so loaded with quality NXT Championship/North American/UK Championship talent (Black, Gargano, Cole, Dunne, Killian Dain, EC3, Ricochet, Roderick Strong, etc), Im surprised Almas wasnt brought up now and the Iconic Duo was SD's only NXT call up with Raw getting 2x tag champs and the 6th NXT Women's Champ.

Guess the next TakeOver will be:
    NXT Championship-Aleister/Almas
    NXT Women's Championship-Bayzler/Ember Moon (rematch clause)
    WWE UK Title-Pete Dunne/Roderick Strong
    Either NXT Tag Team-Cole and O'Reilly vs War Machine or NXT North American Championship- Cole vs one or a group of Gargano, EC3, Ricochet, etc)
    A #1 contender match for either the Tag Titles or North American Championship

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

I thought Lashley was brilliant in his first WWE run. I don't think Elias was the right person for him to return against, though. I honestly think pairing Lashley against Lesnar would have been better than Lashley/Elias and Lesnar/Reigns part 103.

Most of the wrestlers that debuted on Raw are probably subject to the Superstar Shake-up that's happening next week.

I dunno if Braun will get another push for the title, so quickly. He lost to Lesnar (after 1 F5, while Roman took like, 5 at 'Mania, and kicked out of them) during his latest singles run. I think Braun is probably going to make the move to SD after the shake-up.

Braun is in a weird place, right now. If he does stay on Raw, I would imagine that if they DO plan on him fighting Brock again, it'll be at Summerslam. In which case, why have Lesnar bury Reigns in a non-title match, again? If Braun makes the move to SD, AJ/Nak is still going strong, and I can't see Braun being a midcarder and wrestling Mahal for the US title.

The whole winning the tag titles, only to give them up the next day, doesn't make sense. I guess they really want to keep us guessing, but Braun is better than this. They should have had a legit partner for Braun, and have that team feud with AoP.

Dave2000 likes this.
  16. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Peyton is my current favorite "diva" of ALL WWE along with Mandy Rose even when both were in NXT. I marked out when Mandy had her debut during the Raw after Survivor Series, and sucks I wasn't at Iconic's debut last night.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Only one Smackdown in, but I love Nak's heeling. He had a great approach to it last night.

Maybe we get the Almas debut next week?

Also Rusev/Taker Casket Match in Saudi Arabia is a good thing for Rusev, I think? Maybe?

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  18. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

Raw is coming to Houston June 4. Anyone have or know where I can get the pre-sale code?

19. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

SD really needs big name women on their roster.

Its rumored Charlotte is going to RAW and Rousey/Charlotte will be the long term plan to headline WM 35. If so theres no reason to keep Asuka, Alexa and one of Bayley/Sasha on RAW. Build the year around booking PPV's with Nia, Rousey. Charlotte, Ember Moon, Sasha/Bayley and Absolution.

WWE Title for the next year should be booked around AJ/Shinsuke/Daniel Bryan. Maybe Almas comes up and joins that group. Joe would be great so would Balor Club. There's an overload of heavyweight tag teams on RAW (The Bar, The Revival, Authors of Pain, Woken Warriors) so I can see a full Balor Club switch. Throw in Orton and the U.S. Title among that group and its solid. Corbin is better for RAW with all the super heavyweights.

RAW gets Charlotte, Bobby Roode, Baron Corbin, KO and Sami will either be on RAW or NXT

Smackdown gets Asuka, Balor Club, Alexa Bliss, Bayley/Sasha

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm expecting a Miz/Bryan feud this year.