1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I hope nothing tops the War Games match but it's been a super long time since I've been more excited for the WWE PPV over a preceding TakeOver

AJ/Lesnar (first time ever)
    Shield/New Day
    The Bar/Usos

The 5 on 5's..the potential matchups are dream matchups...

HHH/Angle/Balor/Joe v Shinsuke/Roode/Cena/Orton/Shane

vinsensual likes this.
  2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Not really sure what to expect from this war games match seems like a cluster**** and will be weird to watch live but I'm excited about the spectacle of it all.

But man I am pumped for SVS!

Probably the best card Houston has had since WM17 and it really ramped up quickly!

When I bought my tickets like 4 weeks ago I was really kinda worried we wouldn't get anything exciting but WWE has really pulled out all the stops for SVS the past few years with Sting and Goldberg so I have a feeling this night will be something to remember.

The kid inside me wants to see a Taker appearance since he hasn't had an appearance in his hometown in a long time and I really don't think his story has been told yet... and he did debut at SVS so maybe we see him in the main event and set up a match with Brock or even better AJ ****ing styles!!! Okay now I'm getting crazy sorry I'm just excited for wrestling for the first time in awhile!

3. VanityHalfBlack

If anyone can find me really cheap tx for SS, I will go. I will not pay face value, I'm sorry. I don't care if it's in my hometown, I'm already going to Takeover wargames, **** was $100 a tix!!!! I need a good deal!! @Dave2000 I know you got the hooks ups bro!

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

y
    ha, whatever, I screwed up and waited, now I have to pay WAYYY over face value, the only tixs left at box office are $400 floor seats, cheapest on secondary market is like $150 for face value $25 tixs

I'm definitely going to finish out my grand slam PPVs for the year, just pissed off why I didn't buy my tickets earlier. :(

vinsensual likes this.
  5. Dave2000

its a long shot but still selling the SS tickets? i'll buy them

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Literally just sold them this morning...
    I have NXT tickets if your interested

DudeWah likes this.
  7. Dave2000

dammit, i should've asked earlier, got my Takeover, thanks!

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Really kinda wished I had asked for more when selling the SS tickets I got $95 a piece but looking at what there going for I could have probably gotten $50 more

9. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Gonna go ahead and say that there's no way Survivor Series will be as entertaining as WarGames was.

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Yes but SvS is the best chance to do so in probably all of 2017 and 2018. Great night!

DudeWah likes this.
  11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Just got back from the show.

First of all, huge shout out to @K-Low_4_Prez for giving away those tickets. Awesome gesture by you my man and good karma will come back to you.

And thanks to @mrm32 for passing the tickets along after you couldn’t go. That was really cool of you.

Clutchfans community is awesome.

On to the show:

Crowd was insanely hyped. Some funny chants. Great stuff.

The place was going nuts for Ember Moon and to a lesser extent Kairi Sane. Cool that Moon won. It was even cooler seeing Asuka go give her the belt.

Can’t believe Cien beat Drew McIntyre. That was pretty unpredictable. Enjoyed that match.

But man, the wargames match itself was the highlight. Adam Cole is so incredibly over. It’s awesome. The undisputed era looks good. Props to Eric Young. That guy is still doing good stuff. Sanity is an interesting faction for sure. And the authors of pain looked dominant. The way they did that match, everyone looked good.

But Cole ended up looking the best. Which is great. I’m waiting for the day WWE does this on the main show.

Side note: was cool seeing Asuka, Funaki, Balor, Joe, and KO too.

#5971 DudeWah, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    mrm32 and K-Low_4_Prez like this.
  12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Glad you enjoyed it! Wish I could have made it tho

DudeWah likes this.
  13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Ayyy next time we gotta go together. :)

K-Low_4_Prez likes this.
  14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Anyone ran into any wrestlers while in Houston this weekend?

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

How could you not mention the best match of the night, Velveteen Dream vs Aleister Black? That was the high point for me.

DudeWah likes this.
  16. VanityHalfBlack

Asuka, can I hit that?

17. VanityHalfBlack

Kairi can get some too! Hell, bring over Moon!!

DudeWah likes this.
  18. VanityHalfBlack

Drop your expectations for Survivor Series folks. I think the crowd might be more entertaining than the matches itself, LOL. Oh and the AJ and Brock match, I think it won't be a squash.

19. VanityHalfBlack

Team Blue>Team Period blood.

20. Dave2000

Great card overall

Gargano/Dunne match was good but had my expectations high thinking it would be Bate/Dunne quality

Dream/Black match lived up to its build up, honestly surprised that Dream kept up with Black as far a performance, dude knows how to work his gimmick as wild as it is

Hella surprised that Almas won it, match was better than expected and Zelina Vega has helped Almas with his character

War Games match was great, Adam Cole is so over with the NXT crowd and love how KO is publicly giving him love. Sanity were the MVPs in this match, all 3 took some major bumps majority of this match, props to them.

Anybody get the Rockets Survivor Series shirts and along with the Brock Astros themed shirt? I did not hesitate to buy them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]