1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Crap, sorry guys just saw the replies a day late

I'm surprised they aren't selling any seats up top, guess they'll open it up if they sell out the bottom section

vinsensual and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I thought the shield reunion was dumb.

Very lame way to do it.

“Who says they’re rumors?”

Seriously? That was the best they could do?

At the very least it should have happened at the end of RAW.

vinsensual likes this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

There are two reasons why they did this lame, too-soon reunion.

1. Roman
    2. Reigns

vinsensual likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I had two second row section 107 seats in my cart but held off. Damn Ticketmaster fees. Wasn't there a lawsuit about that?

vinsensual likes this.
  5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Well I guess they got the crowd cheering for Reigns again, so I'm sure Vince has a hard-on from that.

The Shield wont do well as faces after this initial nostalgia act wears off. It just doesn't work for them. They need to be tweeners. No one should know whether they are heels or faces. Rollins sucks as a face and Ambrose is much better as a heel than a face. Reigns is a natural heel and always will be, but he's pushed as a face...

Just dumb.

#5905 DudeWah, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    vinsensual likes this.
  6. Dave2000

fwiw, the fees are the same if you buy it at the box offices, so it's basically fees from the arena and the event holder(ie. WWE). This started maybe a year or 2 ago at least with WWE events. I used to get the "obstructive" view seats on the lower section near tunnel, next to TitanTron for a few Smackdowns for $20 at the arena, but now they charge the same fees as they do on the website

lame

btw, I think Toyota Center is going through AXS, not Ticketmaster

and if this rumor of a non title match of Champion vs. Champion with Jinder/Brock is really going to happen at Survivor Series, what a terrible main event, I want the Survivor Series matches like we had last year

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  7. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

never posted in this thread before

but man i was born in 88 so i got to watch the attitude era and the monday night wars

Does anyone think wrestling will be as good as these promos below ever again

8. Dave2000

The Attitude Era is a high bar to match, it's getting better, the indy wrestling scene has helped elevate the stars of today in Rollins, KO, Ambrose, along with the TNA Imports of Styles, AJ, and Roode. It was awesome last year where KO, Ambrose then AJ, Nakamura were all champions at one point. Competition brought out the best of the Monday Night Wars and it might take that to ever be that great again, but there isn't a #2 company out there

the hype video of Stone Cold/Rock for WM17 is the best it can ever get.....

RocketsTruth likes this.
  9. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I still keep up with WWE PPVs (and watch the archives on the network), but my favorite wrestling is happening in New Japan and on Lucha Underground, with a bit of Ring of Honor mixed in there, too. WWE has the most talented roster top to bottom, but their booking for the past years has been mostly awful and the only story they're really interested in telling is, "How do we get Roman over?" Other promotions have better matches with booking that makes sense and they do long-term storytelling better. Basically, there's actually a lot of great wrestling happening right now but you're not likely to find it in WWE outside of stuff like the New Day/Usos feud.

10. VanityHalfBlack

New Japan is on fire. I mean Suzuki, nuff said:

vinsensual and Andy Sheets like this.
  11. Dave2000

wow, TLC just got a hell of a lot interesting.....

AJ vs Finn Balor - OMG

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wow. That's crazy.

I guess Reigns and Bray got viral meningitis? At first I thought maybe Bray had just quit.

13. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Viral meningitis for Booker of the Year!

Dave2000 likes this.
  14. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Finn vs AJ rules

I hope Kurt Angle doesn't die

Dave2000 likes this.
  15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The implications for this should be huge, at least for Survivor Series. I'm so excited about what we could see.

16. Dave2000

Kind of waste for no build up to the match but it had to be done.

Would've love to have them day they had a mystery partner/ replacement route but this will do

#5916 Dave2000, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Will Jason Jordan interfere in the match when the Miz starts destroying his dad?

18. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I think it's mumps, not meningitis.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My only issue with Finn v AJ is how ****ing cool would it have been if Finn was going to have a mystery opponent that nobody knew, and then AJ's music hit. That would have been an amazing surprise. I wish WWE did more surprises rather than advertise things in advance (like when a wrestler is returning).

Also dislike that they're doing the demon Finn. Kill that **** already. They ruined it.

DudeWah likes this.
  20. VanityHalfBlack

Bullet Club is here to stay folks. I liked Asuka's debut, I know some of you nerds wanted a squash match because Emma is kinda garbage and Asuka is an unstoppable force in NXT but WWE is garbage when it comes to continuation and building on what made her special. She still going to be an unstoppable force. I mean, the crowd knew what's up, she's a gangsta. Cease and desist yet WWE still acknowledge the Bullet Club,hahahahhah! Vince is not stupid, he knows NJPW is competition so he's doing everything he can to claim BC just under the name the Club. Will Prince Devitt and Styles become a stable soon with that kind of reaction? As for the main event? It was a circus show, I liked it. Yeah it was goofy and stupid and spot fest galore but they only had 1 freaking TLC match throughout the whole PPV? I thought the whole matches were going to be TLC??? Oh well, smart part on WWE I guess to save it for the main event. B+ for me. Way better than Hell in the Cell.