1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah JoJo is a 10/10. It somehow didn't even hit me until I went to a house show a year or so ago and was up close to her. I actually said aloud "holy ****" and my wife said what? And I said oh nothing it's just cool to be this close.

I remember Byron Saxton who was also there was flirting with her pretty hard. His happy go lucky character was dropped for hopes of a night with JoJo.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm sure you guys know, but if you don't, that's former major league player Jose Offerman's daughter.

3. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

First four of the Mae Young classic announced

Toni Storm (UK, Progress Women's Champ)

Lacey Evans (NXT)
    Sarah Logan (NXT)

Princesca Sugehit (Mexico, AAA/CMLL)

4. VanityHalfBlack

Binge watching MITB PPV till tonight's show. MITB 2011, Del Rio is a Cuck. I see some marks in the front row booing Rey Mysterio? So who wins tonight?

5. VanityHalfBlack

MITB 2011, Christian is over as *** in this match. The marks didn't even like Orton back then? WOW, LMAO!!

6. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Who on Earth thought the 1st ever Women's MITB Ladder Match ends like THAT?????

7. VanityHalfBlack

AJ and Nak don't need no damn ladders to get that crowd hyped, DAMN! Just let them go WWE come on!!!

8. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

The one guy I didn't want to win.I can't stand Corbin, he is so boring. Really thought Nakamura was going to win it after he came back.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  9. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

KO takes the sickest bumps in ladder/tables matches

10. Fantasma Negro

MITB: Womens match was great but that **** finish was stupid as ****. I don't care Carmella won but I would've rather had Ellswoth create a distraction instead of climbing the ladder himself, the felt like slap in the face or on the arse to the womens division.
    The New Day and the Usos are incapable of having a bad match, unfortunately they weren't insusceptible to a **** finish either. Big E is both equally as nimble as he is crazy, loved this matched and I would've loved to see New Day come away with the belts but I guess we'll have to wait for the rematch.
    Naomi vs Lana was pretty solid, I hadn't seen a lot of Lana's ring work but she looked pretty comfortable in there, Naomi was great of course, wanted Carmella to cash in but I had a feeling she was a tease.
    Jinder and Orton had a solid big guy match. I love seeing real heavyweights throw soup bones and this match was that. Orton dumping Jinder onto the legends was a good spot. Orton murdering the Singh Bros was hilarity. Jinder is getting better, glad he kept the belt, this feud has run its course.
    Was taking a **** during the Fashion ****** match so I don't know who won that and I don't really care.
    Over the past couple of weeks I've become obsessed with Shinsuke Nakamura, been trying to watch all his matches of which he has a **** ton, but I got a good chuckle when Corbin laid him out during his entrance. This match was awesome, everyone in it kicked ass, Zayn power-bombing Ziggler off the ladder was sick, Kevin Owen was bumping around all over the place, A.J Stylez impresses me every time he get in the ring and Corbin was a one man wrecking crew. I marked out hard when Shinsuke Nakamura came back and I thought he would win but I'm fine with the result. All in all I give MITB 7/10

11. 713

713 Member

#5691 713, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm glad Corbin won. He has improved a lot over the last year. Besides MITB cash-ins are better with heels; you never know when they'll show up to cash it in.

Nak doesn't need the briefcase. I think he's already legit enough to get a title match on his own merits (in time).

Going into the match I thought it had to end with either a Corbin victory or some crazy Rusev interference. Unfortunately I don't see a place for Rusev in the title picture now though, unless he's babyface Handsome Rusev and goes after former teammate Jinder Mahal.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Everyone knew it was Cass.

14. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Cass should be a star as a singles guy. Enzo's great on the mic, but mediocre in the ring. Their stick was funny but it's wearing out. There's too many damn good Tag teams on Raw anyways and they weren't getting ahead.

I'd put Cass in Corbin's spot on SD anyday. He's going to really have to work to get in the mix with Lesnar, Cena, Rollins, Reigns, Joe, Balor, etc

#5694 Mr.Pringles, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  15. VanityHalfBlack

Cass>Corbin in terms of mic work, work rate I'd say they're about the same. Potential? I'd go Corbin cause being an ******* can take you so far.

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Thing is they can both be A-holes now, except Cass actually works like a good big man. With Corbin he's a tall guy that got skinny and hasnt shown any big guy strength in his moveset, and I think they've kept him on SD with smaller guys to hide that. The deep 6 is a spinning backdrop and he won't be hitting the end of days on like half of the main event roster. With Cass the biggest worry was his robotic mic skills and he dispelled that last night.

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I've been keeping up with njpw more and more, and we're getting into the most exciting part of the season, g1 time. They just announced the participants and the biggest pop was for the last name announced, Kota Ibushi! They'll probably keep him away from Kenny but he's a worthy talent to replace Shibata

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Same could be said for Cass and his finisher. The only difference is Cass has already botched his finisher a couple times whereas Corbin hasn't.

19. VanityHalfBlack

Another MITB ladder match, LOL. Wrestling fans are spoiled as fukk!! I thought usually the heels end up with the briefcase? Now everyone is going to root for Carmela to win it now instead of generating heat??? You guys are something else.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah I don't like that they're re-doing it. The way it went down Carmella/Ellsworth caught a ton of heat, which is exactly what you want for your heels. But WWE decided they didn't like that and so for no coherent reason are having a do-over. It's stupid and hurts Carmella's character. She should have cashed in and had a run for a bit as the champ, then lose it to Becky after Becky beats Ellsworth in a match. That could have been great! They could have had both matches on the same PPV. Ellsworth and Carmella would be big heels throughout that run and Becky (who's stale right now) would get a big pop when she would have beat Carmella.

Now, that's all out. Sure, Carmella could win again legitimately, but the hate from the fans won't be the same. **** up on WWEs part IMO.