1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Just had to do it. It's about damn time, really. I wanna discuss my basketball, football, my wrestling and Breaking Bad all at the same place. The BBS is a one stop shop, baby!

Feel free to post any news, tidbits, nostalgia vids, comments and reactions to anything going on in the WWE and the world of professional wrestling in particular.

Note:

Yes, you bastards we know its fake. Your favorite TV show, movie and your girls orgasm is fake too.

And yes, we know you stopped watching when Stone Cold and the Rock stopped wrestling full-time, good for you. Yeah it isn't as awesome as it used to be but its still entertainment.

So without further ado.

I'll kick it off with a video to the awesome new WrestleMania Mode being featured in the forthcoming video game WWE 2K14 (Yup 2K Sports now is doing wrestling). Pure awesomeness, it is.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7C2AdPGRcQk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. The Drake

The Drake Member

YES! YES! YES!

(good look on starting this thread; will be back later with some real posts)

3. So Good

So Good Member

haha here you go

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/FJbmB9k2Y88?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/FJbmB9k2Y88?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

4. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Is this only WWE related or can it be non-WWE like the ones from Total Nonstop Action, Ring Of Honor, Mexican Lucha Libre, Japan, and any other independent/international wrestling organizations?

Can we also post local wrestling legends from Houston like Paul Boesch, Ernie Ladd, Gino Hernandez, etc.

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Ziggler>>>>> everyone else!

6. So Good

So Good Member

Is it only WWE related?

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/yrAV_Eu-MK4?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/yrAV_Eu-MK4?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

7. SuraGotMadHops

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZgcdyGB7hpg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PVofANpX14s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Should make it a rule for spoilers. It really ruins it for me. It's little things too like how Cena is REALLY injured, if you knew that before summerslam then you'd know Cena would lose the match. Luckily I didn't know but someone told me that yeah he knew obviously because Cena was really hurt. I just figured they were playing up a minor injury like they like to do...

So any off-television stuff should be spoilered. Because that stuff gives huge hints as to what may or may not happen.

10. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

It's sad that Gino passed away too soon because of his drug addiction.
    He has great mic skills and was one of the best wrestlers that came from Houston.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MfKG9ZvVDPE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

This is awesome! So glad were starting a community of wrestling fans on CF's

12. So Good

So Good Member

Yeah I agree. Although, Cena's injury was pretty well known. I've seen a few pictures on Facebook and Twitter because his elbow looked so weird.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Okay, time to nerd up.

Summerslam just ended. It's time for the build up to WrestleMania XXX in New Orleans.

So one of the rumored matches is Triple H vs Vince McMahon for control of the company.

My idea is to bring Shane back in the mix. Vince might be a genetic jackhammer, but they dude is over 60. Have Shane fight in place of Vince for "control of the company" Have Shane return around the Royal Rumble or after that. Something happens where Vince accidently costs Randy Orton the title at RR. The next night on Raw, Vince gets beat up by Triple H or something. The following week, Shane comes in. Match set for WMXXX.

I don't know who Orton would drop the title to. A returning Cena? DB?

It's going to be Cena vs DB.

I'm sleepy, good night.

14. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

^^^Shane stepped down from WWE years ago. He really doesn't want anything to do with the company and does his own sports management thing... I think Rory McIllroy is one of his athletes.

15. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

I'm just hoping they can incorporate CM Punk into the main event at Wrestlemania XXX...he deserves it IMO We'll see how everything plays out and hey, who knows, it may workout if Stone Cold does come back to wrestle cause I'm sure VKM would rather put a Punk vs Austin main event out there for the masses

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm just hoping they aren't building up to Hero Cena vs. Corporate Orton at mania.

When I was watching the closing segment, I was hoping Ziggler would come in for the save. It could have gained him some huge face momentum. The shield can still be a faction, but they need to start establishing individuals and I think Ziggler-Ambrose could be great.

With Sheamus and Cena on the shelf for a while, they can really build up 2 faces. Because of the concussion Ziggler/Del Rio never had a chance to play out, I wouldn't mind if they circled back to that either.

17. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Have you guys seen Shane lately?

[​IMG]

He's slowly becoming Doc Brown from Back To The Future.

18. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Kofi could easily fill one of those voids if they used him correctly. Anyone remember the megapush he looked to be receiving in 09 vs. Orton? Then they pulled back on it in rapid fashion. He's been wasting away in the midcard way too long, filling in for Shelton Benjamin.

19. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

With Cena out for the foreseeable future, this is going to be a very interesting 2nd half of 2013 in the WWE.

Our main story is Bryan/Orton. I hope the WWE do a good job in building this fued with a great payoff around Survivor Series or even the Rumble. Orton and Hunter can play great heels and I hope as the story goes they get darker. It will only elevate Bryan's popularity that much more.

That leaves Punk as the odd man out of the WWE title picture for the near future. I hope we see a solid program between Punk and Axel with the payoff being Punk getting his revenge on Heyman. There is still so much more left to do with Punk and Heyman and I hope they can do that while incorporating Axel. If done right we should see Punk get his revenge on Heyman, while Axel gets a good rub from working with Punk which will make him look stronger. It would be great if they can keep Punk occupied with this story for a few months so that once he finished with Axel/Heyman, he can transition back to the WWE Title picture around the Rumble to set up his first Rumble victory.

The next biggest thing going right now is the Cody/Sandow feud. They have scratched the surface but I think bigger things are in order for the two. Down the road I would like to see Cody get a World Heavyweight Title shot (maybe around Survivor Series). If done right, they can pull the same finish they had for the MITB World Heavyweight Contract match where Cody looks all but ready to win the title only to have Sandow come out and cost him the match and take advantage of the damage Rhodes inflicted on Del Rio by cashing in and becoming champ. After retaining in a follow up match with Del Rio the Sandow/Rhodes feud should begin around the Rumble and culminate with Rhodes defeating Sandow for the title at WrestleMania XXX.

Anyway's, those are my thoughts on what I would like to see with some of the top stories going on today. Of course this makes no mention of Cena who upon returning, could be in line for the Taker match at Mania XXX, a possible rubber match against The Rock, or maybe even a return to his feud with Lesnar since they only had a short story.

20. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Rumor was that Vince was going to have Stone Cold or the Rock wrestle in his place at mania vs. HHH for control of the company.