1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The UFC thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dragician, Oct 26, 2013.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I really don't feel like it was decisive enough to take it from the champion.

Super close, champions advantage.

gfab-babyboi and DreamShook like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You have to over perform against champions to take it in every sport.

gfab-babyboi and JayGoogle like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I hope he gets a rematch.

The only positive from Jones winning tonight is that I really hope I can see a Jones vs Adesanya championship fight, Isreal said he's going to move up to light heavyweight in 2021.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think that one 4-1 judge ruins it, no way Jones won that convincingly.

But he didn't take it from Jones, he did enough to win, if it weren't a championship match he'd probably win...but I do feel like in boxing and MMA you really got to beat the man to be the man. Not just hang in there with him. It's not fair though, Reyes won 3 rounds to 2.

ferrari77 and tmoney1101 like this.
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t even think it was close. First 3 were for sure Reyes with the 4th being even. Jones almost went out before he went for the takedowns which were defended nicely.
    Just because he was taking center octagon doesn’t mean he was the more aggressive or more advancing fighter. He was getting counter punched all fight.
    At minimum 3-2 for Reyes, robbed

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

yeah. You can tell Reyes understands that too. There was no salt at all in Reyes post fight. He knows what's up.

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Terrible judges/scoring all night including the main event but a great showing for the UFC in Houston... It's hard to believe the Toyota Center was that packed after seeing rockets "sellouts" lately.

8. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jones won 2-4-5 ... he had a strategy against someone who never went 5 rounds and it worked

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Trust, the partnership is working great for both right now and I say that as someone that didn't want them to change. I wanted the UFC to stay with FOX(and I do miss some aspects of the FOX partnership).

But that's you though. The arena was PACKED. PACKED AND LOUD. I don't think I've seen it that full for a Rockets game all season and I definitely have not heard it that loud at a Rockets game all season. People showed up.
    Also If you're a UFC fan in general(not necessarily hardcore) you'd have heard of Derrick Lewis, Valentina and Bones Jones. Understandably a casual may not know about Bektic or Ige. Definitely not about Tafa or Adams but if you saw Tafa's previous fight then you'd have been psyched before his fight last night because that dude has power and will be fighting top 10 guys next and top 5 by early next year.

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Did you mean to write 3 instead of 2? Because I think most would agree 1 and 2 were Reyes rounds unequivocally. 4 and 5 were Jones rounds. 3 was up for debate.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The seemingly eternal Jones run as champion and PFP king is nearing its end.

12. Fantasma Negro

Jones won 4 & 5. Reyes won 2&3. Round one was even. Tie goes to the champ. That Derrick Lewis fight was a train robbery tho. I had Latifi 2-1

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  13. AWIN

AWIN Member

Yeah that Lewis fight was absolutely egregious, even Lewis thought he lost waiting for them to officially announce the decision.

On a side note I'm pretty sure I saw Nene leaving one of the upscale lofts in a white Rover last night while waiting for our Lyft to arrive, had to do a double take after the libations but dude still looks really young.

14. Fantasma Negro

After just re-watching the fight I realize just how hammered I was on Saturday night. The first two rounds were even. Reyes took the third round but he started to fade towards the end of the round. Jones turned it on in the fourth and closed the fight out with a dominant fifth round. I'm one of those people that feels championship rounds count more than regular rounds. So even if Reyes is awarded two rounds Jones won that fight. But I agree with Joe Soliz, I think Jones won 4-1. I remember having the same feeling watching the first Jones Gusstufson fight, I thought Gus killed Jon watching it the first time, watched it sober three days later and Jones clearly won. That being said, I'd love to see a Jones-Reyes rematch

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Soldier of God vs. Style Bender sounds good on paper -- hopefully Yoel got a full load of Cuban herbal supplements.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  16. what

what Member

Joanna is going to get hurt bad. Don't know why she would take this fight. She probably won't last 30 seconds.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

How you felt about Wilder is how I feel about Adesanya.

He's the golden boy, I want to see him finish his career undefeated.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This woman's face...wow

19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

she became a klingon after this fight.

Great fight tho.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yoel was trolling I guess. No way he should win this fight, he didn't even really go after it. I understand the danger in attacking but this is a championship bout, you either gonna win this one or lose it.