1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

The Stats Don't Lie: Four indicted in death of wedding guest

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Sep 15, 2018.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

That the stats are there and it shows whom is being arrested and at what percent. the charts show a lot of different crimes and who has the higher percentage of arrest for those crimes.

2. Senator

Senator Member

I'm placing a blame on the lack of accountability and a culture that glamorizes the wrong things, then lazily just says f the po po because someone was arrested for illegal activities to support the 3 kids they've had out of wedlock while broke. Don't you see the vicious cycle that happens by sweeping things under the rug? Or pretending your life is the same as a millionaires? What did the Boston newspaper do with the catholic priest controversy... let it slide? feel they weren't accountable? They aggressively went after it.

You can harp on about school shootings all you want, but all I have to do is show you the stats. They are a drop in the ocean when it comes to overall violent crimes and you are kind of reaching by using isolated kid incidents to let the acts of adults off the hook.

Would love a detailed explanation of this with stats.

3. Senator

Senator Member

There's a much, much higher chance of you doing that as an African American than a cop.

Shouldn't throw stones if you...

Joke all you want, but until you address toxic masculinity and a cultural change, the same struggle will keep on happening. I guarantee the cops can help you once you do away demonizing them from the outset and making things harder for yourself.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I have no idea what you are talking about. Can people that blame the culture actually describe the culture? Otherwise it sounds like vague BS.

You keep going on about the kids things even though last time I proved to you...with STATS that black women have the same amount of kids as white women.

Also, F the po-po for arresting black people for the same crimes that they do not arrest white people for. For longer and harsher sentencing...oh and one must wonder why black criminals are exonerated at much higher rates...which means some of them aren't supposed to be in prison for the first place.

Sweeping what under the rug? Again, there are plenty of local organizations that dedicate their time to this.

Isolated? Lol. We have school shootings every year. When do you start blaming the culture?

I'm not writing you an essay on this, it's easily found with a search.

https://money.cnn.com/2016/06/14/news/economy/aja-brown-compton-gangs/index.html

I won't quote it or summarize it, you should just read it, then you should come back and retract your 'Sweeping under the rug' statements.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't say it was in a post on the board. That isn't what I'm referring to. I won't say anymore about that. But I am almost positive that you aren't the original pgabriel. The more you talk about this, the more convinced I am. The real pgabriel would know what I'm referencing.

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Just curious why you don’t want to provide any additional details? I’m assuming it was an email?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So that whites have 10x the wealth of blacks is offset by the Asians making 24 cents more per dollar earned than the whites? Is that in Krugerrands?

8. CometsWin

Why do you keep citing this Breitbarter, Western Civilazation culture warrior? Don't those stats exist anywhere else in reality?

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The reason is because I feel I should respect the privacy of the real pgabriel. If this guy is the real one, he would have the same access that I would and he could provide it. It's not really that big of a concern. I didn't want to be all cryptic or secretive. I just didn't want to be a jerk to the real guy since he didn't share it publicly at the time. I didn't feel it was my place to share it now just to score a point on some internet scoreboard.

Harrisment likes this.
  10. CometsWin

Uh... lol

You keep bouncing back and forth between whole numbers and percentages. Are you dumb? Indicators are pointing to yes.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Still sounds to me like an effort to rationalize and legitimize racial prejudice. Still not interested in your data. If there is something in the community that needs addressing, having black skin doesn't give you some superpower for addressing it. Go get in your community and be the change you want to see.

Rocket River likes this.
  12. Senator

Senator Member

Because you guys don't read through PDF's from the DoJ. It's not sexy enough. I posted a PDF with stats that EdwardC reposted from a different PDF a day later. If your best rebuttle is... this white guy made up the numbers for an extremely credible news source, then you are part of the problem.

13. Senator

Senator Member

It's clear no one will listen to a well spoken white man. The fact you neglect the truth in front of you... because you "are not interested", shows you are part of the problem that is plaguing modern day liberals. Too scared to go out of their bubble, to eager to pounce on anyone not in their tribe with preconceived statements. No sweat off my back, it's your life and you will face the consequences.

#113 Senator, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  14. Senator

Senator Member

There a reason post 35 couldn't get a response? http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...-of-wedding-guest.293377/page-2#post-11961488

You're not going to be taken seriously if you call others names as opposed to debating the facts.

20% of blacks are in the poor threshold.

Over 50% of violent crimes are committed by blacks, 60% if you narrow it down to lethal crimes.

Blacks make up 13% of the US population.

Cops deal with this every day.

Demonizing them and creating an anti cop culture, which males do , does nothing to solve the problem while not addressing violence in the communities. If the violence isn't your problem, then demonizing the cops sure as hell shouldn't be either. You can't have it both ways.

No whole numbers needed.

15. Senator

Senator Member

Would you say people are entitled to go into gang related violence or violence if they are born into poverty? They only make up 40% of overall violent crimes. Even with organizations hiring ex criminals, there are only so many low wage jobs an organization has to offer. What if automation replaces those - what's the excuse then? That's a potential problem for all races.

[​IMG]

This is something I will tackle as a leader. But you can't change things when people don't accept they need change, and point to school shootings as a way to justify how things are. Pretending like school shootings is a white phenomenon is also cunning negligence on your part:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...ool-shootings-history/?utm_term=.ff5de57c8424

[​IMG]

You just shot yourself in the foot.

#115 Senator, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I am a well-spoken white man, and people do listen to me.

I'm also not really a liberal, or at least not a conventional one. I'm not jumping on you, really, because you won't conform with liberal orthodoxy, but because I have a particular and personal axe to grind on racial discrimination. I may be a white, straight, cis American male, but my family is shot through with all kinds of minorities. So I have a personal interest in objecting when white people find ways to say discrimination is okay. I'll take whatever consequences, but the consequences seem to me worse if I say nothing in the face of discrimination and it is my own son who pays.

FranchiseBlade, Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No one is entitled to do anything. That's an odd word to use regarding gang related violence. I feel bad for the kids that get caught up in that life, I understand why they do it because they are told they are grown before they are actually grown. Their mistakes are their own. If they've killed someone or shot at someone, they need to face the consequences for serious crimes. People may find sympathy with young criminals but do not confuse that with someone excusing their actions or a dismissal of their actions.

People born into poverty are looking for a way out of their situation or a way just to make it to the next day. There's also the social environment of the situation, where peers push others to do this or that and when everyone else is doing it then how can it be wrong? Teens, young people in general, tend to think they are invulnerable to consequences. That they won't get caught, that they can just do it for a week or so and move on and get caught into something larger than them.

Now, I posted an article about how community efforts turned Compton around. You ignored it. I just want you and others to drop the "No one cares, it is being ignored..." narrative. It's entirely false and just because you don't do the community work don't project your inactivity onto others.

FranchiseBlade and mdrowe00 like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

The statistics are overwhelming.

It isn’t race, it is gender.

Men commit violent crime and often times against women.

Based on the statistics you need to stop chasing the red herring of race and spread the word on gender issues and crime.

19. Nook

Nook Member

No, the issue is gender. Look at the statistics. You need to place blame on men.

What are men doing to solve this problem? What are you, as a male doing about it?

20. Senator

Senator Member

Oh really? You ramble without clarity, avoid discussing facts and pull at emotional strings - it's not well spoken, more like a liberal mantra or the basement analyst no one listens to.

The guy before you tried to make school shootings out to be a white phenomenon, then was shown the stats which pointed out the majority are done by black kids, and simply ignored it. This lack of accountability points to preconceived narratives liberals refuse to be open to leaving.

Do you add to the f the po po narrative, or do you side with the help cops help us narrative? In what instances have you conversed with and convinced low income blacks on this issue? That's the real issue here - an entire culture demonizing the cops instead of accepting how to work with them as they provide a fundamental service.