1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

<The Ringer> Power Rankings: Teams on the Brink

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Williamson, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think this piece by Kevin O'Connor is an interesting read. I especially thought the bit about Westbrook was interesting.

https://www.theringer.com/nba-previ...kings-denver-miami-portland-finals-contenders

2. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I really am worried about our depth as well. Wish Clark and Hart could show some development but they still seem unready

Iguadola would be great but we see that seems unlikely...who else is available??

I trust in the Harden/Westbrook dynamic.

FrontRunner likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

stopped reading here and immediately bet my life savings on the Rockets winning it all this year. smart play.

FrontRunner likes this.
  4. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

It's a fair assessment. He only has 4 teams in the 'sure-fire contender' bucket, and with the possible exception of the Lakers - who have the same depth issues we do - all are much safer bets to at least make the Finals. The Clippers are loaded and the other two are the clear favorites in the East.

I do think the Lakers are getting a bit of the 'shiny toy' benefit of the doubt, but the fit between LBJ and Brow is cleaner than Harden/RW.

He also has us ahead of the Jazz and well ahead of the Warriors, unlike some others. The Nuggets being ahead is also debatable, but defensible given their continuity.

Overall, fair.

Williamson and BaselineFade like this.
  5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I don't think any analytics guy would agree with this. Analytics likes the three because almost all NBA players who shoot them make 33%+. Westbrook is 27% on the preseason, the equivalent of a 40% midrange shooter.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The thing is Westbrook has only one area of the floor where he shoots above 40% and that’s the 0-3 feet range.

So even Westbrook taking 3s at his crap percentage is better than anything else he could shoot other than a shot right at the basket.