1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Otto Porter Movement] First it was just an afterthought, then came the movement, and now....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steddinotayto, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Do u often start drinking this early?

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yikes.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Wall's shot chart:

John Wall.png

Clint Capela's shot chart:

Clint Capela (1).png

DonKnock likes this.
  4. izeroi

izeroi Member

It's five o'clock somewhere.

Reeko and steddinotayto like this.
  5. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

I want Beal and Oubre, bring them to H-Town!

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Wall has undeniable talent.

But I do not like what I am seeing from a leadership/body language perspective.

There are some teams that are desperate for talent that I could see making a play for Wall. But I wouldn't touch him if I was a team that was building towards something.

If I am looking at the Wizards for talent, it starts with Beal, Oubre, Porter, Morris, Satoransky. (though Morris worries me slightly attitude wise).

craguin and steddinotayto like this.
  7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I think Phoenix is the only viable option for wall and that's only because I think Phoenix could get him for cheap.

No one is paying for wall imo Flexibility and a low level asset should get it done.

Bender, ariza and a 2nd for wall.

Beal is where you get the high level asset(s). There will be a LOT of interested teams.

Fultz, Chandler, Mia 1st for beal.

Otto porter is probably seen as a neutral or close to net negative return. You could probably cut the years left, cut the overall amount a little and also break it into multiple contracts which become easier to move.

Knight, nene, Chris's, 1st for otto.

Wizards proceed to buyout Chandler, nene and ariza.
    They have fultz to examine and take a risk.
    They have a lottery pick with the Miami pick.
    They fully tank for their own top pick.
    They gain a late first.
    They gain an early second.
    They get severe flexibilty.

Full rebuild.

#267 BigMaloe, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    joshuaao likes this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Vivi likes this.
  9. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Beal and Oubre for:
    Chriss, Knight, Nene, Zhou, 1st and 2nd round picks

matchesmalone likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, Beal and Oubre (who's not going to get a big contract imo) are the pieces you ideally want to trade for there, good/great value for money, i like Satoransky too.

11. steddinotayto

As much as I love Porter, I am down for this. Or this considering the Wizards will want to attach a bad contract to Oubre lol

trade.JPG

matchesmalone likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't see the Rockets being able to trump any Lakers or Boston offer for Beal. Perhaps even Philly if they can cobble together some salaries.

Personally, if I was Washington, I would completely rebuild. Their locker room is in shambles. I would keep Beal and move everything.
    Basically, I would move Wall and Porter. They actually had GOOD chemistry last year when Wall was out and Satoransky was getting minutes.

Vivi likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Sac 1st is in Ainge's hands. Sixers have the Heat 2021 unprotected 1st though, and i agree, they should go after Beal hard, even if Butler bolts Beal would be a fantastic get for them.

One thing i disagree here is that i don't see how Phoenix can get Wall for that package, Bender has no value (the Suns also declined is option for the next season), Ariza is expiring and Washington has already 4 players in the same spot, 2nd rounder has low value obviously...i just don't see Washington giving up Wall for a similar package, that's literally zero value, especially considering the owner is a big fan of the player i still expect them to ask much more, and i think someone will bite eventually.

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

With news from Woj that the Wizards are now open for business, now might be a great time to see what the Ears are telling @Codman

steddinotayto, Rudyc281 and lionaire like this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Some of these rumored or suggested proposals for Porter are a little ridiculous.

Posters here willing to give up multiple firsts and/or Gordon.

Somebody just mentioned Randle + 1st and filler. Randle is having a fantastic season and on a bargain contract. He's the anti Otto Porter.

Bottom line: this is a salary dump. Washington admitting they made a mistake and looking for somebody to bail them out. They have next to no leverage. If a team like New Orleans wants to start a bidding war, bumps their head and offers to overpay for Porter like that -- let them have him. Trading for Porter is only justifiable if it's garbage in/out. Knight/Chriss/Nene? Fine. Gordon and/or first rounders? Hang up the phone. There aren't going to be a lot of teams lining up to trade for an $82M 3&D player who's value is at an all-time low

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

KOC proposed that deal as an option for the Pelicans who are trying to find an upgrade at the wing.

18. steddinotayto

1000% agreed. You don't move any valuable assets for Porter, at all. I'm a devout follower of the OPM (considering I'm a self-designated co-founder) but even I'm not crazy enough offer Washington anything other than our dead weights.

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

There are guys that have been mentioned in this thread like Kent Bazemore. Is he a needle mover? No, but unlike Porter we've actually been linked to him in the past and have shown actual interest. I'd rather try and chase some of the Clippers that are expiring this year rather than go after Porter. Porter is like the new Ersan Ilyasova, a decent player who puts up stats that everyone on the board drools over and swears would be perfect for our team, but isn't really very good. Fans here overrate those guys because they don't actually watch them play.

It's funny because Wizards fans are frustrated with the guy and realize his many limitations, whereas so many here think he's great. And it's not because the Wizards are a mediocre team, PJ Tucker was beloved by Suns and Raptors fans. And we like Bev and Scola even though they were here when we were first and second round fodder. There are many here that think Porter is actually really, really good based on box score alone.

20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Ahh yeah my mistake on the pick.

As for Phoenix its giving out 20m in expiring. 15m results in a buyout. It's just getting out of that horrible contract. Maybe you can finagle a 1st out of phoenix.