1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Beavis Stiffler

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SyQuWd1yl58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mvb7sPHZcz0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Houston Dynamo vs. Orlando City
    Friday, March 13, 6:00 p.m. CT
    BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston, Texas

BROADCAST INFORMATION
    UniMás - 6:00 p.m. (SAP available)
    Yahoo Sports Radio 1560 AM - 6:00 p.m. (5:30 p.m. pregame)
    La Ranchera 850 AM - 6:00 p.m. (5:30 p.m. pregame)

PREVIEW
    A pair of clubs coming off thrilling openings to the new season meet on Viernes de Fútbol when the Houston Dynamo play host to Orlando City at BBVA Compass Stadium. The Dynamo opened their campaign with a victory, getting the game’s only goal for a win against Columbus Crew SC in Houston. Orlando City SC kicked off their MLS history with a bang, Kaká netting a late equalizer from a deflected free kick in front of a sellout crowd at the Orlando Citrus Bowl for a 1-1 draw with fellow expansion club New York City FC.

REFEREE: Chris Penso. AR1 (bench): Kevin Klinger; AR2 (opposite): Mark Cahen; 4th: Armando Villarreal
    Penso MLS Career: 59 games; FC/gm: 23.4; Y/gm: 3.2; R: 17; pens: 20

INJURY REPORT, PRESENTED BY HOUSTON METHODIST (as of Wednesday, March 11)

HOUSTON DYNAMO – PROBABLE: Raúl Rodríguez – Right hamstring strain

ORLANDO CITY SC – OUT: Martin Paterson – lower extremity; SUSPENSION: Aurélien Collin – red card

HEAD-TO-HEAD

ALL-TIME: First meeting
    This is the only league meeting between the teams this season.

2. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eJ6n21nCrd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L4p6A4AL_6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Looking forward to going tonight. I know he's well past his prime but i'm still stoked about seeing Kaka play in person.

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is this your first game since being back in Houston, leroy? I remember in your moving thread you said you'd be going to BBVA a lot more.

5. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Tyler Deric is LEGIT!

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

7. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Trade Tyler Deric...

8. Beavis Stiffler

9. Beavis Stiffler

Well, it is Friday the 13th, unfortunately.

Just one mistake cost them the game.

10. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tC7NoKdETdI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, at least he tried. It looks too inept to be true.

12. leroy

It was. My brother has season tix so I've made a few games a year since they moved into BBVA. Moved back in Nov. great crowd last night. Even got the idiot running on the field to take a selfie with Kaka.

Kaka is bigger and kind of goofier looking than I imagined. So I'll has some magic left, though. The save Deric made on the free kick was amazing but what a weird way to loose. Orlando has a tie and a win on a deflection and an own goal.

I was happy to see Bruin on the bench to start. When he came in, he picked up right where he left off. I counted at least 4 bad touches that gave the ball away in the offensive third. One, he just dribbled into the defender. Another was an attempted chest trap that went 10 yards away. When does Torres get here? Orlando did a great job keeping Beasley and Sarkodie from running the flanks and that seems to be a killer for the Dynamo. They forced them into too many long balls to Giles and that's not really his game. Couple of good chances went wide. I'm not sure Ricketts had to make a difficult save all night.

I'm more concerned about the offense than the d right now.

13. Beavis Stiffler

Last night's highlights from Chivas de Guadalajara vs. Puebla featuring future Dynamo player, Cubo Torres.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FQKgbeKlqX0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He came off the bench in the 2nd half and scored two goals including the game winner.

14. leroy

When do we get him?

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You both make great points.

As for me, I lived in Europe for several years. I had the chance to go see my favorite team at Old Trafford on a regular basis as well as several other games in stadiums across Europe.

Now it's a matter of priorities and time management. I spend most of Saturday until mid afternoon watching EPL as well as the occassional La Liga game. That leaves me with about half the day to fit in other activites including the personal stuff, workout, and the Rockets.

Like I said, I go to about 2-3 live Dynamos games but I can't invest the time and follow every minute of every game of the Dynamos like I do Manchester United or the Rockets.

I also appreciate those here who continue to show support for the Dynamos. I am hoping that sooner rather than later I will make more time for MLS and the DYnamos.

16. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Probably around July. It depends on if he gets called up to play for Mexico for the Gold Cup or Copa America.

17. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I have season tickets to the Dynamo if anyone wants to get together pre/postgame. There is also a pretty good group on reddit at http://reddit.com/r/dynamo.

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

That's good enough man. As long as you make it out to BBVA to watch a couple of matches a season, and try to watch a couple on tv when possible. Definitely not easy to invest time to follow everything about the team but I feel as long as you have the mindset that you'll keep supporting in one way or another (and not be disillusioned because it isn't footy at the level of United, Barca and the top Euro leagues) that's good enough. Just don't be like those that become snobbish and try to compare MLS to La Liga, EPL, etc. As long as you understand where the league level is right now, where it is going and the significance of the league in North American soccer. It will only keep getting better. :)

19. Beavis Stiffler

The Dynamo-Galaxy game tonight will be on the alternate channel of Root Sports.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bmx_cik4tHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OvYtSuT0eWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>