1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The media telling the Warriors that the Rox have been talking stuff

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ferrari77, May 9, 2018.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

So I heard this twice last night. Once after the game as David Aldridge or whomever TNT had in GS was interviewing Draymond after the game and then at the post game podium session when someone asked Draymond and Steph about the Rockets. Both times the reporter mentioned the Rockets had been (1) talking about the Warriors and how they(the Rox) are built to stop the Warriors and (2) how the Rockets have been saying they want to play the Warriors in the WCF

Did I miss when all this happened? When Rockets players were saying these things? I never heard anything of the sort and it doesn't seem like what the Rockets players would say or be saying since I figure they just want to do what they have to do to get to the finals regardless of the team they have to play.

Does anyone know who said such things about the Warriors and when that was? No way it was during these playoffs right? I figure it's just sports media folk trying to stir ish up.

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

February. Capela said we can beat anybody. Furthrmore morey has been saying we were build to stop the warriors.

Tfor3 and amaru like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Started in 2015

Tfor3 and True Rocket like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Daryl Morey has been tweeting all year.... lolz

[​IMG]

I used to own such a thing......

ramotadab and Ubiquitin like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Capela said that If healthy he believes the Rockets are better than the Warriors.

Morey said he is obesesed with beating the Warriors.

A few inserted or redacted words makes it sounds like bluster coming form the Rockets. All year the Rockets have been saying they want to beat the Warriors and they didn't care if anyone knew it. Media trying to stoke fires, that's cool.

J Sizzle, BigMaloe, YOLO and 3 others like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Prepare for Thunderdome .. 2 teams enter 1 team leaves.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Why are you worried? Players can say what they want

Maury needs to shut up though

ReignSupreme likes this.
  8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Media Conspiracy

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So............

Rocket River
    WCFinals are beyond bulletin board material.

topfive likes this.
  10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's just the idiots in the media trying to hype up this series and create controversy where there ain't any. The only two things I'm aware of that were actually said by members of the Rockets organization are:

1) Morey said he was obsessed with beating the Warriors. Why is this even controversial? If you wanna win the NBA title, you pretty much have to zero in on stopping Golden State. Frankly, I'm glad he has this mentality.

2) Capela said after the home win over the Warriors in late January that the Rockets were a better team than them. Now that is bulletin board material and Durant at the time took issue with it and said Capela had an easy job. But in Capela's defense, the Rockets did finish with 7 more wins than the Warriors in the regular season. And they're now 50-5 when CP3, Harden, and Capela play(including 2 wins over Golden State).

That's pretty much it. I haven't heard anything else from the players, coaches, or management that the Warriors could take offense over. I'm reasonably certain CP3 hates Golden State(the Clippers despised them when he was there). But he doesn't say that publicly.

moligity, DavidRocket, KDavis and 4 others like this.
  11. ferrari77

Appreciate the answers CF brethren.
    Yeah I remember what Morey's been tweeting and saying...but that's the GM. Also what Clint said back in February. I just figured you know... it's months later and maybe the reporter had some actual recent quotes from these playoffs in which Rockets players were talking stuff...but of course not. Reporter was just trying to start stuff and stoke the emotions smh.

I despise Draymond as I'm sure most of us do (while appreciating his on-court play) but I liked his response from the podium to the reporter who asked him and Steph about that stuff.

12. rocketsmetalspd

Just play the games and see who is the best after this series. Can't worry now about trash talking or who said what? Warriors and Rockets will be ready come Monday. Let's get Ready to Rumble! Go Rockets!!

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What was his response?

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I heard him or KD say they weren't looking at us, they were just focused on the championship. Well, dumbass, you have to win this round to go to the finals...so if you're not focused on us. you're not focused on the championship. It's like that obsessive dude that gets dumped by a girl and tries to pretend he doesn't still think about her.

15. ferrari77

Basically said at this point they don't care who they play. They're just trying to get to the Finals and win another championship.

I would imagine if asked the Rockets would have said the same. I would assume the Rockets wouldn't care whether the Warriors or Pelicans won the WCF as the aim is to get to the Finals and win a championship not to just get to the WCF. Plus the Rockets would have been fine with playing either team and I'm sure the Warriors felt the same way about Utah vs Houston.

Now of course it helps the Warriors now to have what Capela and Morey said to give them a little fuel for added motivation(plus a desire to beat the Rockets after losing the season series) and of course the added motivation for the Rockets is to show the season series win wasn't a fluke, they are as good as the Warriors and can beat them. So naturally both teams have internal reasons to get more psyched for this series but for sure neither team would lose any sleep if they weren't able to play the other in the WCF.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

i heard donkey said he wished he was a horse.

J.R. and Tfor3 like this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yep. If you need motivation from outside sources, then you're DEFINITELY not a dynasty.

18. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

We used to mention them a lot early on but then it became apparent they were playing terrible and we kinda stopped. It wasn't even clear we would end up facing them as their mojo was gone entering the post season. Now it's back and I'm happy to be facing them when they're on because I'm tired of hearing about asterisks on our trophies. That said, even if we beat them Lebron has taken his game up to a level that is bonkers so we can't relent if we pass the Warriors.

We have a week off now and I'm hoping EG comes back with one of those 2 to 3 week periods he goes shooting 50% on his threes. Also we have to play suffocating defense like we have been. Most importantly we're winning this with defense tho.

ferrari77 likes this.
  19. ferrari77

Completely disagree. It's not that great teams like the Warriors, Spurs, Lakers, Bulls, etc NEEDED motivation or bulletin board material in order to get motivated to get to the finals or win a championship but that after a couple of championships, added fuel helps. They still want to take on the whole "people don't believe in us" angle. You think Brady, Belichick and the Patriots don't use bulletin board material AND appreciate such stuff? They don't need that to be great but they sure enjoy it.

Either way, no fear.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

@ferrari77 I'm with you I heard the same stir **** up garbage last night.

The problem if you saw what @ferrari77 and I saw they are not referencing talk from a year ago. It was presented in such a way as that the Rockets said it yesterday.

DreamShook and ferrari77 like this.