1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The inevitable September Collapse of the Texas Rangers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by SooneRockStro, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Buck Turgidson

Totally out of line by Kemp. He deserves every bad bit of retribution that's coming his way.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Yes!!!! It is all Bannister's fault. There are no other problems in Arlington that need to be addressed.

4. plee

plee Member

Not sure what they have in the minors but they need to go to full rebuild, already let Hamels go to the Cubs, guess they could get something for Beltre and Choo. This would include letting Bannister go as well...

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Rangers best prospects look to be guys with flashy tools that didn't/can't hit low minor league pitching, a guy that can't hit AAA pitching/play defense, a pitcher that can't throw strikes recovering from TJ surgery, and a guy named Bubba. Arlington better hope Bubba is good.

#885 Joe Joe, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    CrushCity, MadMax and msn like this.
  6. msn

msn Member

↑↑ repped for "a guy named Bubba" :cool::cool:

CrushCity likes this.
  7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Beltre is a free agent, and Choo wouldn't return much given his age and salary.

The most satisfying thing right now is how Texas believed in ther own delusions of being competitive this season, they lost a ton of trade value.

Andrus, Hamels, Beltre, Chirinos and Claudio all lost significant value from what they had in the offseason. Being late on the rebuild trigger turns a 2-3 year project into a 5 year project, as us Astros fans know all too well.

8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

For now, they are a dumpster fire for sure. As their record plummets further in the next few seasons, and their draft picks find themselves in the top 5, it will be interesting to see how good they draft. If they pick up Springer/Correa types, in a few years we may find ourselves in an inevitable roll reversal relative to them.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! THAT'S NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RunninRaven and HTown2017Champs like this.
  10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Problem is that too many teams were like the Rangers at one time that are now dumpster fires. They are going to have a hard time getting a Top 5 pick as Baltimore, Royals, Tigers, and Marlins are in even worse shape. Rangers have Odor, Gallo, Mazara, and Profar. These guys aren't good enough to win, but are just good enough to keep the Rangers on the treadmill of mediocrity. Astros post-Tucker outlook is significantly better than the Rangers at the moment.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

BR has their system ranked 15 in their August rankings.

They're not close. Even with the garbage of the last 2 years, they haven't actually started to rebuild. Bannister is a schmuck and I won't shed a tear for him when he's fired. But Daniels is their problem and will continue to be. I was happy that he got an extension. Right now, they're the 2008-2011 Astros. Mediocrity at it's finest because they refuse to see that what they have might be a .500 team in AAA. After the Harvey debacle, they deserve everything bad that happens to them.

eric.81 likes this.
  12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was at the Padres/Rangers game in San Diego this past Sunday and, let me tell you, it was satisfying to see the Rangers lose on a walk-off grand slam. Really shut up the surprising amount of Rangers fans in attendance at Petco Park.

SLRokJok and HTown2017Champs like this.
  13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Baseball in the 21st century where the 2nd best race is the one to be worse than your opponents :(

I didn't mean to say the Rangers WILL get there, only that they might. But your right. Guys like Odor, Gallo, Mazara, and Profar might have to be moved as well. They will probably need a top 2 pick more than once. Even then, they would need fat drafts in the right years with the right pick. We Houston fans know how this formula works in our sleep.

But I think in the case of the Rangers, they are much better positioned to be the worst then they are to be first.

HTown2017Champs and MadMax like this.
  14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

WE ARE FRIENDS AGAIN!!!!!!

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Shoulda been Daniels. I'm glad it wasn't, though.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

That's assuming they can scout then coach well... hoping Ensberg doesn't end up with them

18. HTown2017Champs

Always loved Ensberg, was sad to see him go. But, considering he's a West Coast guy, I'm assuming (or at least I'd like to think that) he was jockeying for the job as Fresno manager, and that his departure was related to our AAA affiliation moving. Either that or he wanted to take the year off to be with family. But please, anywhere but the Mall Cops or the Yankees.

19. SuraGotMadHops

Always thought Banny was a jackass and I don't like him. I won't celebrate a man losing his job, but I will celebrate that the reason for the job loss is because the Rangers suck balls, which will always make me happy.

20. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

This shall be the final but ever obligatory “bannister is a ****sucker” declaration