1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The future of the EU and the UK, post-Brexit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Dec 4, 2016.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Let's see if he survives it first.

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Or if you will?

malakas likes this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

damn right.
    If I stop posting next month light a candle in my memory

T_Man, Corrosion and MojoMan like this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

God damn. Get better soon Boris.

So you can be judged by the british courts.

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

If he gets past it, as nearly everyone does, then he will have immunity. After that, full speed ahead for Boris Johnson. Perhaps he can take a trip over to Brussels and host a mixer for the current EU leadership team or something.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Brussels have shut down their borders to infected british people.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

How does anyone know who's infected at this point.

Shut down all international borders and limit movement within them to essential only.

B-Bob, T_Man and malakas like this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

Well most european countries have, but the UK still allows flights in from Italy and Iran with no airport checks whatsoever.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Idiots ?

When Trump put the first travel ban in place over this , he excluded the UK .. I was fine with the ban but why exclude anyone ?! That was ignorant.

malakas likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

yeah..it is ridiculous but I guess if you aready have it all over with only taking laughable containment measures like the UK, you don't care anymore.
    Just a week ago, their official policy was to let everyone get infected.
    Not only the US shouldn't have excluded them but they should have been one of the first to be banned, along with Sweden.

Their chief medical adviser says with happiness now " Good news, the new model says we won't have 20k deaths like it said some days ago".

When the first wave is over, everyone should keep their borders closed like China is doing otherwise all our efforts and sacrifices will be for nothing.

B-Bob and MojoMan like this.
  11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Yep. The UK has effectively gone with the herd immunity strategy. If their healthcare system is able to manage it within reason, they will be glad they did it this way, as it will be over with for them relatively quickly.

When I was young, there was a sense that it was good for children to go ahead and get the chicken pox when it was going around, as it was important to get it as a child, because it can be dangerous to get it when you are older. Also, it was just more efficient for families with multiple children just to do it all at once.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out for the UK over the next few weeks. If it is looking pretty good, that will likely encourage us to adopt more of this same approach.

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Sir Keir Starmer has been elected by the Labour Party to replace outgoing Labour Leader Jeremy Corbyn.

Keir Starmer wins Labour leadership election

Sir Keir Starmer has won the Labour leadership election with more than 56% of the vote, bringing an end to Jeremy Corbyn’s tenure of almost five years at the top of the party.

Starmer, a former director of public prosecutions, won in the first round as the top choice of members, affiliates and registered supporters, with 490,731 votes cast overall. His nearest rival, Rebecca Long-Bailey, got 28% of the vote, and Lisa Nandy 16% in the final leg of the race.

Angela Rayner was elected deputy leader in the third round on 53%, with the doctor Rosena Allin-Khan in surprise second place on 26% and Richard Burgon on 21%.​

This leadership change was of course brought on by the result of the most recent general election in the UK, which was effectively a referendum on Brexit, which the Conservatives won decisively, with a stunning 80 seat majority.

Jeremy Corbyn is still defiant and not a little bit in a state of denial, a state of mind that many of his supporters appear to share. However, as of today, he is no longer the leader of the Labour Party.

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

UK PM Boris Johnson, who has the coronavirus, has been moved to intensive care. He has apparently asked Dominic Raab to fill in as his deputy for the time being.

Coronavirus: Boris Johnson taken into intensive care – live updates

The UK prime minister, Boris Johnson, has been moved to an intensive care unit after his condition worsened, Downing Street has said. A No 10 spokesman said:Since Sunday evening, the prime minister has been under the care of doctors at St Thomas’ Hospital, in London, after being admitted with persistent symptoms of coronavirus.

Over the course of this afternoon, the condition of the prime minister has worsened and, on the advice of his medical team, he has been moved to the intensive care unit at the hospital.

The PM has asked Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab, who is the first secretary of state, to deputise for him where necessary. The PM is receiving excellent care, and thanks all NHS staff for their hard work and dedication.​

Of course the Remainer left and the press will be on 24 hour death watch, trying not to let it show how eager they are to see harm come to the man. What a bunch of seriously evil and nasty people these people are.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Poor guy. I hope he recovers. Prayers.

MojoMan likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

First in line for Boris... Must be good to be among the elites in this time of need and sacrifice.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You don't think the PM should be treated as a VIP? Glad you don't run a hospital.

MojoMan likes this.
  17. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I heard the latest about him is he’s either on some sort of breathing assistance device or a ventilator itself. Damn, it does not look good for him or Britain. Praying hard for the man to recover, this WuhanFlu from the ChiCom is deadly. Thanks a lot CCP for this gift that keeps on giving, we will never forget this and pay back is a b****.

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

They gave him some oxygen but he was not on a ventilator. He is apparently doing better today, sitting up in bed and engaging conversationally with others.

Boris Johnson's condition 'improving' and PM is 'sitting up in bed' – Sunak

The prime minister is receiving “excellent care” and remains in intensive care, where his condition is “improving”. He has been “sitting up in bed” and “engaging positively” with the clinical team. ​

generalthade_03 likes this.
  19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Boris Johnson is out of the ICU and has been moved back to a regular hospital room.

Looks like he is on the road to recovery and he should have immunity after that.

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Why? Are you a PM? In my mind, I don't want the hospital prioritizing anybody else over me unless their need is more urgent. It's actually why I wouldn't vote for the Mayor where I live (I'm not in city limits so can't actually vote). He called the CEO of the hospital on behalf of his friend to get priority treatment.