1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This argument about is the hearings being unfair and held in secret is current defense being put up by Trump supporters. I saw a few of them put that up on Facebook the last two days and even the WSJ editorial board said that. I pointed out to them the same thing that many of the Benghazi hearings were held behind closed doors and no one was arguing that Hillary Clinton wasn’t getting due process.

anyway if these are secret hearings more people are talking about them than Fight Club.

jiggyfly and DaDakota like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. NewRoxFan

The other idiot son... "emoluments are OK"...

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So Republicans elected and are defending a CROOK - where is their honor and integrity?

DD

5. NewRoxFan

6. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

:D...BUILD THAT FIREWALL!:D

IBTL likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

I understand that. But at the most basic level, if you are going to play that game then it becomes “both sides”.

You won’t get any argument from me that this current GOP and their right wing media is worse.

8. NewRoxFan

Dishonest or ignorant, you tell me...

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

John Yoo should know better. it is sad how many of those who should know better are just now peddling BS.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he should stick to filmmaking

Hakeemtheking and mdrowe00 like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The arguments have stopped being intelligent for some time.

Deckard and mdrowe00 like this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yet they keep pumping them out. It’s like a disease they can’t shake.

AleksandarN, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Breaking news: Gordon Sondland is prepared to testify today that he told the President he opposed involving Guilani in Ukrainian foreign policy but the president insisted that Rudy be the point person. He will also testify that Rudy specifically told him that the president was adamant about Ukraine trying to investigate the 2016 election and publicly announcing an investigation into Joe Biden's son. He will also testify that he doesn't know why aid was held up, that it shouldn't have been and that he asked the president specifically and was told no quid pro quo.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No quid pro quo
    If only it were so
    Mr trump has been so foolish
    As the world has come to know

No quid pro quo
    If only it were so
    Mr trump betrays our allies
    Our country suffers the blow

No quid pro quo
    If only it were so
    Mr trump betrays our country
    It is time for him to go

JuanValdez and RayRay10 like this.
  15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

In this scenario, we've had weeks of a trial laying out all the evidence against him, and then over a dozen Republican Senators flip on him. Criminal indictments might get filed against Trump by the DOJ and/or the states. The House and Senate are both incentivized to allow more disclosures of unethical behavior by Trump to further justify their votes. Pence might need to distance himself from Trump as well. Federal employees who kept their mouths shut to preserve their careers now can start leaking like crazy to the press. They might even find personal career benefit by anonymously telling on superiors who might have done something unethical to help Trump. There might be such a deluge of negative Trump news that the Trumper is either forced to reconsider his position or else at least lay low and avoid ridicule. I'm sure there will still be plenty of resentment and it'll come back to haunt us in various ways, but I don't expect a big schism.

I get the feeling that Trump's going to make Giuliani the fall guy. That he didn't know what Giuliani was up to. I expect Sondland to throw him under the bus and to avoid saying anything that directly implicates the president. Let's see.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. vlaurelio

Sondland: "president insisted that Rudy be the point person"

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Does that mean the president had knowledge that Giuliani was executing a quid pro quo?

18. vlaurelio

So he put someone incharge who is not taking orders from him?

The transacript says "do us a favor though.. Biden" "talk to Mr. Guilliani"

AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

This is the part that isn't discussed enough.

I don't expect every President to align with my political values, we live in a democracy and the fact that we are so divided shows the level of freedom and choice we have.

However, the President should represent the country in a professional and positive manner. The President should be respected for leading the most powerful nation on the planet and should be a leader that other leaders at a minimum view as an equal and ideally as a titan among leaders.

Trump isn't any of those things.

I would gladly take an Eisenhower or George Bush Sr. at this point.... they were statesmen and they were competent and measured and reliable.

I think we should be open to potential President's beyond just those manufactured by the parties, and I will give Trump credit for that..... but I really hope we get back to having people that have dignity and the countries best interest at heart. With Bush Sr. we never had to worry about him writing a 4th grade letter to another countries leader, we never had to worry about him pounding an intern or sounding like an idiot like his son.

Regardless of political party we really need to start expecting more from the President and we need to find better candidates. I find it hard to believe that the 2016 field was the best and brightest. The 2020 field for democrats has some candidates that are very dignified, I have no fear of Bernie Sanders groping a woman or going on a twitter rampage, but his politics are likely too far to the left for Americans. Elizabeth Warren is incredibly qualified to be President but the same on his political positions.

My great fear is that Trump qualifications and behaviors is the new standard and we are going to see Alec Baldwin or someone else that doesn't really deserve the office become elected.

20. Nook

Nook Member

No joke.

Just make comments about loving all Americans, act as someone that unites and doesn't divide.

Go hard after rebuilding the infastructure and tie it to negotiations with China on trade and it likely gets support across the aisle.

Go hard after border control but connect it with amnesty for people that have been here over 10 years or tie poverty and homelessness.

He really had an easy path to follow....... but that isn't who Trump is or ever has been.... he needs friends and he needs enemies and he needs chaos and he needs to push the limits always.

joshuaao, RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.