1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. TheresTheDagger

While I agree with your premise that Al Green and Brad Sherman are as serious as Bigfoot flying a UFO, they ARE actual Democrat congressmen who actually put forward formal impeachment efforts.

If that's news to you, can't help you with that.

Astrodome likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

True... but you think soccer moms like Trump? What would change for them to go for Coon Grabber?

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's completely bizarre that with all the things that piece of **** has done you're most concerned with some lady's quip about Trump's son's name. Trump has left a trail of destruction behind him with name calling, filthy attacks on anyone, everyone, government institutions, witnesses,, judges, etc. and here you are b****ing like a little girl about an innocuous comment. Jesus Christ. The ultimate dish it but can't take it scumbag President of all-time and his stupid minions.

4. dmoneybangbang

Fair enough, I didn’t think they actually submitted a formal resolution but they did.

But Trump still deserves it based on his actions. Maybe Trump will slip away again using the judicial system and executive power to obstruct and push this off past 2020 or maybe he’ll be finally brought to justice.

5. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

It was a bad day for them

What they are good at is not deviating from narratives they try to build

This is the one they won't shut up about to distract from the actual proceedings

What the left should be doing is harping on the most damning parts against Trump and refusing to get dirty in this nonsense discussion they are trying to make by just parrying it

6. TheresTheDagger

Making a political observation is not "concern about a lady's quip". I laughed it off personally.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But those efforts were never taken up by Congress. I can understand what you are saying. I will agree that there have been formal proposals made.

My beef with claiming that Democrats have tried a bunch is that despite the proposals they haven't been acted upon until now. The different committees mentioned are all related to the current proceedings.

8. TheresTheDagger

I don't think they like either one. Trump can't flip many of those voters true, but comments like this don't help the left get voters either.

9. Anticope

Anticope Member

I think this is all an unimportant side argument as I was merely pointing out earlier that having a dedicated wiki page for attempts to impeach a certain president was common. But you know what? There probably has been an unusual level of impeachment talk with regard to this president and there's a very good reason for that.

BTW, the Democrats did not create the special counsel so I don't know why you're referencing that in your argument.

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't our congressman from Houston do it multiple times?

11. TheresTheDagger

FB, my original point that started this discussion was that Dems and their supporters have been clamoring for Impeachment since before the inauguration. I doubt you'll find many swing voters that would state differently.

You can argue whether the talk/attempts are justified all you want but not that they haven't happened over and over again.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Look, you're right. Democrats have wanted impeachment hearings since before the dude was sworn in. But, what does that do for you? We've wanted him out because he's looked dirty from the start, and the longer his Administration goes on the dirtier he gets. This narrative that the Ukraine impeachment is just another chapter in the Democrats' campaign to get Trump out by any means necessary doesn't phase me. Yes, we want him out because he's still a crook, still doing crooked stuff, and is still President. Nobody should stop until they succeed in getting him out. Crooks don't belong there.

13. TheresTheDagger

That's an entirely fair argument. I just couldn't understand why anyone would argue that the left hasn't been banging the impeachment drum since even before day 1. That was all I originally stated.

Probably because they were cheering it on from the sidelines with relish?

14. dmoneybangbang

Either one?

I didn’t even hear this comment until this forum, I doubt this will do anything.

15. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

That is true and that applies to the vast majority of voters already. I doubt there is much of any swing voters left. And among the swing voters, I don't think they will see this comment and "swing" much at all. If they already didn't care about the comments that Trump has made and the actions he has done, this isn't going to move them. In the grand scheme of things, it won't change anything.

16. TheresTheDagger

I know you well enough to state that your viewpoint while popular only represents what half the country believes. There is another half that just as strongly thinks its politics by another name and a joke.

The important thing is what do the swing voters in swing states think.

Do they believe Congress (who's ratings are consistently WAY worse than the President's) should pursue impeaching the President because it's the best thing for our country?

or...

Do they prefer Congress to work on the people's business rather than spending so much time and effort on impeachment?

17. TheresTheDagger

Sorry. Let me clarify. I don't think they like Trump's comments you referred to and I don't think they like minor children being used as a political tool in an impeachment hearing.

You haven't heard it. Others have. It's the sound bite that came from her testimony that played the most.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But as @JuanValdez points out that doesn't change whether or not it is justified. All the Dems can do is produce the evidence and hope that people care enough to actually look at that evidence.

I believe that Congress would not be representing the voters and this nation if they didn't do that. I don't know whether or not independents or swing state voters will be turned off by the impeachment proceedings. I would hope that Congress will do their duty and take the consequences good or bad that come with that.

We do know that in KY the incumbent Republican Governor used Democrats attempt at impeachment as part of the reason people should vote for him in the election. Despite doing that, the Republican governor in the state of Kentucky lost the election.

What I believe will help Democrats and has helped Republicans in the past is to go on the offense. They should not only impeach, but they should impeach with gusto. Don't mumble about how Trump should be impeached. They should boldly proclaim. Trump should be impeached and here is the evidence. If your senator or congressman won't act on that evidence, they need to be replaced. Shove the evidence in front of a camera over and over again. Paste it where it can be seen on the internet/Facebook/Twitter etc.

19. dmoneybangbang

It’s so minor, pun intended.

And it wasn’t any democratic candidate saying it... meanwhile we have tons of sound bites from Trump and the GOP.

Was it? Played most by conservatives?

20. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Let just said it’s was true that there has been multiple failed attempts at impeachments. Here is what is fact - the Dem and left lending independent showed up big in the 2018 midterm. So this impeachment is now going to suddenly depress turnout among then Dem and left lending independent? Good luck with that.

RayRay10 likes this.