1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's a weird leap of meaning, that you place on pretty common phrasing ...

"As a --> Christian, Catholic, Devote Muslim, Man of Principles, Policeman, Veteran, Recovering Alcoholic, etc., I resent, don't agree with, avoid, embrace etc.; love, hate, intolerance, community, etc."​

... plus, in her context, it's more a political shield than a human shield, anyhow. again, very common phrasing.

TheFreak, Amiga and JuanValdez like this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's a predictable narrative from the conservative press. But, if that question was directed at me I'd have to say yes if I was being honest (of course, in this hypothetical I'd be a politician so of course I wouldn't be honest).

It wouldn't have been so weird if she said, "as a Christian, I don't hate anyone." But to go denominational and specify Catholic sounded weird. But, what irked me was the way she waxed indignant about it, like "how dare you accuse me of sinning!?!?!"

(And aside from maybe some fringe crazies, I don't think any Christians embrace hate. I do see some that genuinely believe Christians are less sinful than non-Christians, and maybe Nancy is one of those.)

3. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

What people on the right don’t realize(or don’t care for that matter) that people of good conscious had no choice. Did Pelosi know of the risks when she went down the path of impeachment? Yes, but in life something’s are bigger than yourself or party. Country over party or person

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Well, her conscious probably bought 4 more years.

5. Anticope

Anticope Member

There's no way to know how this is going to affect his re-election chances at this point, so this is nothing but speculation.

But what you're essentially arguing is that the Democrats should look the other way and do nothing when Trump abuses the powers of his office for fear of it causing them to lose the election next year. That is an incredibly weak way to govern and I'm glad they're not choosing that path.

JuanValdez likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

btw, she is a staunch Catholic, and Catholics believe hatred is a serious sin, instead of hating someone you are taught to pray for them.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nah, that has already been proven not to be the case, that it actually hurts republicans...don't fall for the propaganda that it will unite them....they are already united.

DD

9. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Yeah I don't buy that impeachment proceedings are going to help him

If he wins, it's because of democratic apathy to go out and vote

There was a lot of that last time around

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  10. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

We just let a person do the illegal things because this process may or could help him to be reelected. Do American people want to do the right thing within the law or we want just become the second country after North Korea even without moral standard?

11. Buck Turgidson

"Mother, tell your children not to walk my way. Tell your children not to hear my words, what they mean, what they say."

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

<insert a picture of a 1920s KKK rally at a church with the eff-ing pastor squeezing his bible and red in the face from ranting>

I do not believe most Christians embrace hate. The SCWs who hate the gays, women, blacks, Muslims, etc. are another story.

13. TheresTheDagger

By all means...double down on Baron! That should help with the soccer mom demographic.

14. TheresTheDagger

Yes, the "see we're just as bad as he is" argument works wonders on the electorate!

15. TheresTheDagger

Or potentially could depress the left vote as they fail once again to bring down the president. Or perhaps turn off voters with the COUNTLESS attempts from day 1 to impeach. Or when the Senate (republicans) get to control things at trial expose things in trial the left doesn't want discussed.

Or maybe it's all nothing since next year this will all be behind us and what drives folks to vote is (as always) their pocketbooks.

Anyways, knock yourselves out over a process with a fait accompli.

16. IVFL

IVFL Member

Did i miss countless attempts at impeachment? Feels like this is the first impeachment inquiry we have had and are now moving to the first formal impeachment. Just because a person talks about impeachment does not mean that there was impeachment proceedings. Maybe if the guy your defending didn't do so much stuff that is just plain out of bounds for a president people wouldn't have to talk about it.

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

More like see Trump is 100 times worse but you still support him, so there is no need to talk about ethics or morality with you.

LabMouse likes this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

“Kings could do no wrong because the king’s word was law. Contrary to what President Trump has said, Article Two does not give him the power to do anything he wants. I will give you one example that shows the difference between him and a king, which is, the Constitution says there can be no titles of nobility. While the president can name his son Barron, he can’t make him a baron.”

Nobody is doubling down on twisting the Baron except for the Trump supporters. And it will absolutely work with Trump supporters - to be more pissed and more heated. But not-already-trump soccer mom? Nay.

19. TheresTheDagger

20. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member