1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The fans are behind this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rua2006, May 7, 2009.

1. rua2006

rua2006 Member

There was a poll on ESPN.com the asked whether you would want a series to be played cleanly or with a bit of attitude, and that question got me thinking. Out of all the anger and frustration that came out of Game 2, I think we can safely say that the fans have this team's back more than with any Rockets team since Olajuwon left. You can feel the second round all over this series. This is where the competition gets rough and the stakes get high, and this is where the fans stand behind their team against whatever evil purple-colored forces that might threaten it. We're easily experiencing the most support for the Rockets on this board after a loss in years, and if anything, that feels good. I can't wait to see Toyota Center Friday night.

That's one thing I love about successful Rockets teams: they always seem to be tough and full of heart. On Inside the NBA after Game 2, Kenny was talking about how we've surrounded Yao with a bunch of "pitbulls," and I feel we did that in the 80s (based on looking back) and the 90s. You tell me a 47-win team that beats a 61-win, 60-win, and 59-win team on the way to the NBA Finals doesn't have heart. I dare you. Well, these Rockets seem to have similar heart in them. Maybe it's just me. Maybe we're deluded into thinking our 2009 Rockets are extra special, and that most teams experience this sort of renaissance. But for some reason, I don't think we're deluded. I think we do have something extra special, no matter what happens in this series, and the fans seem to feel the same way.

Let's get 'em.

2. Persianfoo

Persianfoo Member

Tracy McGrady is the greatest basketball player ever.

3. rua2006

rua2006 Member

Oh yeah...forgot about that one.

4. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

No, i think it's Moochie Norris

5. Persianfoo

Persianfoo Member

Ryan Bowen would be up there with norris.

6. Persianfoo

Persianfoo Member

7. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

way to ruin the thread lol

8. drzucchini

drzucchini Member

Where does Kelvin Cato rank?

9. Persianfoo

Persianfoo Member

Lol jk. I do agree with the OP. This team is full of heart and we have shown we are capable of beating and playing with the lakers. I really hope we win so vujabitch and kobe will shut the fack up.

10. dafranchise0309

Right behind Brian Cook

11. Persianfoo

Persianfoo Member

Sorry son, but I haven't been alive that long to know who this young lad you are talking about is. I know he played in the 90's though.

12. magus_Doc

magus_Doc Member

How about my boy matt maloney, :D

13. flashsky

flashsky Member

Wish Cook or Dosey do SOMETHING for Kobe in home court . :D

14. hayibara Ai

hayibara Ai Member

COOK is not ready for get on court.

he's not in ROX's future plan

15. Moochie Norris

You rang? :)