1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The eating crow re Donald Trump thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by JuanValdez, Nov 9, 2016.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Sorry to add to the raft of new threads all on the subject of what the hell just happened. But, I felt like I needed a centralized place for me and all the people who were so sure Trump couldn't possibly win to come and say we were very, very wrong and so sorry that we overestimated the American people. I won't feel clean until I own up to my mistakes. So here we go.

I thought there was no way the country could elect someone who obviously has a mental disorder, who has a disgusting history of misogyny, who has no moral compass, who is a transparent bullshitter, and who appeals to the basest instincts of mankind. I believed the polls that said he had little chance of winning, and the rationalization that he appealed to a shrinking demographic. I thought there was no way enough women could rationalize voting for him. I scoffed at the polls that were manufactured to make people think Trump had a chance. I scoffed at the Alt Right for pretending to speak for what Americans want. I was so very wrong.

DaDakota and Two Sandwiches like this.
  2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I personally thought he had NO chance to win either. I am quite surprised he won how he did.

Having said that, Clinton is NOT that much of a better candidate, if at all. She is also a transparent bullshitter and a corrupt politician. She has her fair share of failures as well.

I just with both parties could have put up a better candidate.

3. TheresTheDagger

Doesn't sound like much crow being eaten but whatever.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He said he was wrong, you want him to change his opinion on Trump too?

5. malakas

malakas Member

I was wrong. I thought the dumb racist redneck american was just an unfair prejudice. But apparently it isn't.

Invisible Fan and Jayzers_100 like this.
  6. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I support misogyny

BruceAndre likes this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The majority of this country (republicans and democrats included) were wrong. The majority of people who voted for Trump didn't think he was going to win like this, no one predicted it. There are a subset of people who called this correctly, but don't get down on yourself for being wrong when almost everyone else was as well, including some of the brightest minds we have.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I was wrong. There really was a silent (electoral) majority of pro Trumpers ready to eagerly embrace him.

It's scary.

I don't remember feeling as devastated as this about a national news event since September 11 and I saw that up close in person.

9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Crows ... turkeys ... they are all for the birds. It is time to come together. Let's hope that Trump and his advisers lead us to prosperity through lower taxes, a better educational system, jobs for the millions who gave up under Obama, and strengthenling all of the underpinnings of the American way of life.

Let's all become American eagles once again.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Sadly.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

People obviously didn't want a continuation of Obama's policies for the next 4 years under Hillary.

I think the overwhelming feeling by many Americans who voted for Trump is they wanted to shake it up by electing a candidate without all the political baggage because they honestly think he could do a better job and is not tainted by one's own political experience...of which he has none.

AntiSonic and pippendagimp like this.
  12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah, no. There's no coming together with racist, conspiracy theory idiots. Let's hope the Democrats in the Senate repay 8 years of filibusters with interest.

HR Dept, malakas and JayGoogle like this.
  13. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

I for one, welcome our alt-right overlords! will they have access to my voting record before I get my MAGA check?

I'll eat my crow and accept my beta status for the first year of gloating and payback. Our conservative brethren have the best of both worlds getting the rollbacks they want while not taking responsibility for trump and simultaneously rolling in the schadenfreude of progressives melting down. Maybe we need to dine on this crow so as to emerge stronger at the mid-terms.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly. The people that thinks this 'unifies' the country in any way, no. No it doesn't.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I was wrong too, but I have been very worried and thought Michael Moore was unusually savvy about his prediction. I was watching that 538.com % of electoral vs. popular split creep up and up and up. Very worrying.

What I was mostly wrong about was turnout. This is the lowest turnout for a presidential election in 20 years, by the facts. Trump got fewer votes than John McCain, a vastly superior human being in most every way -- so I find that reassuring, in a sad way yes, about this country. Peace.

16. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

President Elect Donald Trump isn't perfect; I don't deny this but there's more than enough hyperbole going on and on about the man. Yet even the apostle Paul who followed Jesus was a murderer. The point I'm making is that if a guy like Paul was good enough for Jesus then Trump works for me. He may have said a few off remarks but I don't see him approaching the corruption of HRC and that I can live with.

Speaking of which, I'm still not convinced that HRC isn't majorly corrupt to the point where she should be facing incarceration. Bobby freaking Woodward has gone on record as saying the Clinton Foundation is corrupt. I'm not quoting Fox News, WND or any other conservative bastion. Mr. Woodward's opinion should be more than enough to give the pro HRC crowd pause.

AntiSonic and cml750 like this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Looks like after the final count, this will be a split win. 2nd split win in the last 5 presidential election (time to do away with the electoral college system! - won't happen). Clinton is looking to win the popular vote by 0.2% (176k votes). Basically ended up being a coin flip.

I flip flop on this race through out. I thought Clinton would lose early on. I thought Clinton was sure going to win midway. I thought it was a coin flip after the FBI letter. I thought Clinton has momentum and will win, but wasn't confident about it at the end.

I feel fine. I hope Trump doesn't believe half the things he said and is a practical leader. We'll see.

(I still believe the "deplorable" Trumpers is not large - maybe wishful thinking, but I still believe that).

18. TheresTheDagger

Well stated as always B-bob.

Turnout does indeed mean Republicans shouldn't gloat too much....they simply slipped in due to a bad opponent. MAKE THE MOST OF THE NEXT 4 YEARS or you will be kicked out too.

If Trump and the Republicans don't take advantage of this opportunity to show their policies are indeed the best, it will be the end of that party as we know it.

B-Bob and Nook like this.
  19. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

It's the tone, my man. But whatever.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

We will see if it is hyperbolic rhetoric in our reactions. I base my reactions on the man's statements, his campaign promises, his actions, and his track record as a human being, a major borrower and loser of money, and a thinker (sic). I hope and pray you are right that many reactions are out of whack with reality. I hope he surprises us all.

I do think it inappropriate to bring up Jesus in the same paragraph as this election or this next president. The way he has treated people, spoken about people, and disrespected huge numbers of people... it's just not appropriate. We can leave it at that, and I would hope most Christians would agree. Our nation did not become more Christian in this election, IMHO.

Nook, Dark Rhino and JayGoogle like this.