1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The difference between Harden and superstars

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Senator, May 12, 2019.

1. Handles

Handles Member

I'm telling you how Harden can be better in end of game situations. And that's to add more stars so that they can help carry the load during Q1, Q2, Q3. Dude it's not hard to see at all. Harden carries us every single minute he's on the court. Does Curry do that for the Warriors? The answer is no. Those extra stars that Curry has allows him to be more fresh during crunch time. It would be the same with Harden. It's so easy to see man.

#261 Handles, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    chadyang likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

so the answer to him being better is him just sitting back and watching q1-3. do you really think that's happening. as if hes just gonna sit back and watch what you think might happen and that everything is just gonna be smooth sailing. come on now.

quit acting like GS are the rockets. they operate in completely different ways

3. Handles

Handles Member

You're being willfully obtuse at this point. It's embarrassing honestly.

Morey has recognized the issue for years. He's always been about getting more stars. This is why.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

as long as I don't get actual legit reasons why harden isn't allowed to be better in the situations thats been noted over and over, it doesn't really matter to me.

the harden can do no wrong group will always beat their excuses to death no matter what, without addressing actual issues. if anything that's the embarrassing part. Now you've moved on to well morey has recognized the issue for years.

all of this coming from someone who actually believes the answer is, harden will sit back and watch quarter 1-3 and just go all out in quarter 4. that's such an awesome plan.

5. Handles

Handles Member

Lol you're like a brick wall. You can't accept the information I've given and the legit reasons given because you would be wrong. You can't accept that, so there is no point talking to a wall. See you in another thread maybe.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

ive seen plenty. your speaking for yourself

all of this coming from someone who actually believes the answer is, harden will sit back and watch quarter 1-3 and just go all out in quarter 4. that's such an awesome plan.

7. Handles

Handles Member

Nah you’re putting words in my mouth. We’re done talking about this man. You’re a wall.

8. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Superstars play as good or better in the playoffs.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

10. Handles

Handles Member

Cool a meme. You must suffer reading comprehension. Never did I say “harden should sit back and watch 3 quarters”. I said Harden could use more star power to help carry the load. Just like Curry/KD/Klay/Green have. It’s so simple man. If you don’t understand at this point that’s fine, but there’s nothing else to talk about.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

once again.
    quit acting like GS are the rockets. they operate in completely different ways

12. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Harden does need to adjust his playstyle...mid-range and off-ball movement being the biggest necessities IMO.

However, this Blazers series is really putting James' performance into perspective. 35/7/6 on his regular season percentages against GS in the playoffs is pretty damn impressive. Just didn't have the killer instinct when needed.

Since that San Antonio GM 6 debacle, Harden has been making incremental improvements each year on his postseason play...probably just not at the rate all of us would have hoped for. Rest assured though, James will come back better in some way next year, just hope that it's a way that can elevate him and the team to a title.

YOLO likes this.
  13. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Huh?? Chris Paul was the best PG in the league most of his career...

14. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Oh I agree he failed the eye test in critical times - my other post in this thread mentioned his disappearing act down the stretch. But I think focusing on FTs in this case is a red herring. The frequent passivity in the clutch is the real problem.

15. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I dont know man. We lost game 6 by five points. Harden missed five free throws. His shooting FT percentage is over 80%, and in the biggest game of the season he shot 58% from the stripe. In Game 5 Harden missed two FTs in the 3rd quarter, which would have made our last possession a one possession game shot (meaning we would have had a chance to tie) vs. the game being out of reach. Of course there is also the crucial late game misses in our wins that gave GSW a chance to tie the game.

I thought overall James played decently in the clutch. I know he gets a bad rap for passing in the 4th, but Game 5 we scored on almost all the possessions he passed out of and he made many good decisions, even if we didnt score. Our problem in Game 5 was that after Durant we lost our intensity, and that lack of intensity continued into Game 6 where we never truly went on a run. In any case, not saying FTs tells the whole story, but it is definitely more than a red herring in my view.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure, but he was 32 or nearly 33 when he came here, you knew his prime days are numbered which turned out to be true.

One year is good enough I guess.

What you said is true when he was actually 25-30.

17. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Rockets were barely getting any open shots. I agree that Harden was getting trapped repeatedly but that’s when players adjust. Problem has always been the fact that D’Antoni does not adjust and neither does Harden. Midrange game is non-existent in Rockets system so its easy for opponents to predict Rockets moves and hence contested 3’s were rampant rather than open looks. I hope to see Harden bring back his midrange game which was pretty solid few years back. This would have spread the floor much more. For Harden to be successful besides individual stats, D’Antoni needs to go!

Sure Curry and Klay are unstoppable when they get hot and unfortunately that is one aspect of what killed the Rockets but what also killed the Rockets was lack of rebounding. Of all the players, Looney was the one that clowned Capella, Tucker and all guards in the paint. D’Antoni didn’t use his weapons to mitigate this issue by putting in another big body inside (Farid Avg 6.8RPG). This in itself could have been at least 10 point turnaround.

18. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

using FG% in 2019? thinking harden isn't one of the highest efficiency superstars in NBA history?

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reeko likes this.
  19. amaru

amaru Member

They also have significantly better supporting casts.

20. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

We still need one player who can score 20 plus in this team. Can we bring Lou Williams back? We just lose few points in the warriors matchup. We need one more real all star to join